What I've been doing since...

New to the site? Start a thread here and tell us about yourself! Also enter for site Membership Agreement.
GriffinRider
N00b

Re: What I've been doing since...

Postby GriffinRider » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Lovely!
Originally Silvania
Think i joined early 2002and stayed for two years or so. I was hung up on RPG. lol :D Had few good long adventures in the free form, alot of Mary-Sueing.
I am engaged now, To be fabulously wed one hot August night. Still working on a BFA in drawing and have two Incredible Babies, 6mth and 19mths! :)
I cant wait to get reconnected with all old and new! :D

Niamh Sage
House Elf

Postby Niamh Sage » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 am

GriffinRider wrote: alot of Mary-Sueing.

For one incredibly weird moment I read that as: 'Maury-Sueing' and I was all "Oh no, what's he done??!!" :P

Congratulations on your babies and engagement! Exciting. :D

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Holy crap it's CG!! Wow... long time! :)

Hi everyone!!

Here's me
Original RB Name: Azriel

When you joined: late 2000

When you were most active on RB: Fandom, Enthusiast, and the beginnings of the .org. So maybe 2000-2007?

What you've been doing lately: Graduated with a BA in Linguistics (and minors in English Lit. and Japanese Language) back in December '07. Since August '08 I've been living in Tokyo, Japan working as a missionary teaching at a Christian International school. I recently got engaged to a fabulously awesome guy I met here. He's English, not (as might have been expected) Japanese, so we're still figuring out what country we'll end up living in after we get married next year.
For now I spend my time teaching my awesome 3rd graders, helping out at my church here as part of the web admin team, and teaching Sunday school. I also teach English to make a bit of money.
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

GriffinRider
N00b

Postby GriffinRider » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm

LOL!!! I am not suing anyone (thankfully)!!! Be at ease Sage :D :D :D :roll:

barkybree
Mome Rath

Postby barkybree » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Original RB Name(s): BarkyBree or variations thereof
When you joined: Um, 1999?? Is that too early for RB?? It was before the films were released, I remember the uproar when someone thought Keanu was going to be Elrond. :lol: Nobody thought Elwood could pull off Frodo; "Viggo who??"; general overall excitement when The Two Ians were cast; etc., etc.
When you were most active on RB: Up until, oh, 2004??
What people might remember you from: I had some early parodies that were well-received, but after that it was various miscellaneous snarky comments and WotW posts. Oh, and CB will remember when I blew her off in OKC that one year :oops:
What you've been doing lately: Still complaining about my job, and I play DDO far too much. :roll: But otherwise, the 'net just ain't what it used to be. I really miss the old message board days. :|

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Yes I remember that Barky :P Welcome over here :D *hug* And I'm with you on missing the old days :(
[Under Construction]

merryb
House Elf

Postby merryb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Original RB Name(s): MerriadocBrandybuck
When you joined: TORC migration
When you were most active on RB: Post TORC migration
What people might remember you from: Ivy Bush drinking, or WOW fighting.
What you've been doing lately: Drilling teeth as usual. Moved to the USA in 2005, married in 2007, Wife is expecting twins in October (Holy shit!!) :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Wow, congrats Merry :D
[Under Construction]

Niamh Sage
House Elf

Postby Niamh Sage » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Congratulations, Merry! How exciting :D I hope everything goes well in the coming months, please keep us updated!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 am

TWINS!! Congratulations, Merry!! You have my permission to name them both after me :D.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:42 am

:lol: shireling!

Congrats Merry!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:52 am

Hey guys! It's so amazing to see so many of you here, and so many of you i remember!
I posted my own introduction thread because i don't pay enough attention and didn't notice this one till after.. i promise i'm not being an attention whore!

Original RB Name(s): ElviraStarkeeper
When you joined: late 03 i think. It gets fuzzy because i spent a lot of time sitting with elven_rose81 in her computer room saying thrings throguh her posts cause we couldn't both be on at once, and i didn't have a computer at home for at another 2 years.
When you were most active on RB: From joining till the previous move before this one (don't remember the year).
What people might remember you from: I was always briefly popping in and out from school and the library. I pretty much just hung out in BrandyHall while it was still active at all. We just got up to general shenanigans, usually involving coffee and the hatred of swooners/sparkly pink things. :P
What you've been doing lately: Studying (i mean procrastinating...) Partway through an archaeology degree. I'm no longer in my little tiny town, but in Vancouver, B.C.
That's really the only consistent thing, aside from going to lots of concerts and playing excessive amounts of D&D.
You've got to change the world,
and use this chance to be heard.
But dancing is fine too :P

Arkenstone
N00b

Postby Arkenstone » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:29 am

Hello strangers, I`ve never been part of this forum before but someone suggested I join up. Never have read the LOTR books yet, but I did read the hobbit! And I watch the movies fairly often. I was informed there would be ``general geekery``

Original RB Name(s):none
When you joined:now
When you were most active on RB:never
What people might remember you from:nothing
What you've been doing lately:making knives and working

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:47 pm

No worries Elvira, you can post in here AND have your own thread ;)

Welcome Arkenstone :D Feel free to join in the geekery or create some of your own! We are very much still trying to get the 'feel' of the place going, so almost anything goes at the moment :D
[Under Construction]

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Hello and welcome!
Make yourself at home! Or even start a thread on whatever geekery you like and make yourself a home! :)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

Return to “Welcome/Membership Agreement”