What I've been doing since...

New to the site? Start a thread here and tell us about yourself! Also enter for site Membership Agreement.
Dena
N00b

Re: What I've been doing since...

Postby Dena » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am

Original RB Name(s): merrys_girl
When you joined: Oh...I think September 2001
When you were most active on RB: 2001-2005ish...been on and off since then...me and Cami (Niamh Sage) and a few others keep up on Facebook
What people might remember you from: I posted chapters of my book, Slave of Kyris, in Inkling's. I'm almost finished with a complete overhaul, or rather, rewrite, that's about 125k+ words, and a heck of a lot better. Also me and PG (Pippins_girl) were childhood best friends and for some time we pretty much ruled the RB Chat. (Kris (RIP friend!!), Nazgirl, Celebrian, Chaser, Tox, and others are all notable people from my time as well xD) Aeruthiel made dolls for awhile...and got me into it and I am STILL making those darned things. I have forgotten a lot of names. Highly! Locks! Lots of old RB-ers who I remember :D
What you've been doing lately: Ummm...STILL in college (after what, 6 years xD Changed my major 3x), finishing up my BFA in illustration and watercolor. Living 15 minutes from the town I grew up in xD Hubby and I have been married almost 3 years, and we're trying to get our first house ready to sell. Possible move to Arizona, USA in the works as well. No babies yet, but when I do I want twins too :D (congrats btw, holy crap) So yeah. And we have an adorable yellow lab puppy of 18 months named Penny. (Pics here of 'the baby')

REALLY awesome to hear about everyone's lives! Grathy, congrats on your engagement...and anyone else I missed :D
Formerly known as the (in)famous merrys_girl. :D

highlyeccentric
House Elf

Postby highlyeccentric » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:11 am

Hey MG! Good to see you again :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:12 am

That's what I say!

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Welcome back MG! :)
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 am

And you too, AZ! And in one piece! *deep sigh of relief* :)

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks Shireling :) Sorry to make you worry! I've now updated with an account of my Fuji experience.
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 am

Welcome back MG! Sounds like you've been having a great time of life! :)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

Mavis
N00b

Postby Mavis » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:16 am

Hello all! I just realised this thread is here and I went and started a whole new one for my very own. Oops.

Original RB Name(s): Mavis
When you joined: The beginning of 2001
When you were most active on RB: Between 2001 and 2003
What people might remember you from: Um...the B&G threads...and the Frolijah threads...ahem. You must remember I was a 16 year old girl at the time. I used to post frequently with MrsTook and the other B&G-ers. Embarrassingly I can't remember all their user handles though, because I knew them all by their real names! We still keep in touch which is really nice, and I have so many memories of them all! We used to send each other presents and cards and things in the post...it was a good time!
What you've been doing lately: Well, I went to university, got a BA and an MA, and lived in San Francisco for a year. Then I came home, got a job in a museum, and moved in with a nice young man who doesn't like Lord of the Rings. Which wasn't what I had planned at all!

Anyway. It's really nice to be back! :)
It comes in pints?

Chelle
N00b

Postby Chelle » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Original RB Name(s): Chelle...I'm still as original ;)
When you joined: Had to check back on RB to see but was in April 2003 :)
When you were most active on RB: 2003 - 2006 then I drifted away.
What people might remember you from: I was a chat mod and quite regular on the board.
What you've been doing lately: Finished my degree and am now a fully qualified teacher but am busy being a mum to my 13 month old daughter Caitlyn Rose and preparing for my next and last child Alden Hugh who is due on the 14th October :)

legolas1228
N00b

Postby legolas1228 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Original RB Name(s): Legolas1228
When you joined: September 8, 2001
When you were most active on RB: During the movies until about a year after the last DVD release
What people might remember you from: I was in Ivy quite a bit during my last months.
What you've been doing lately: Working two jobs and going to school part time to earn my Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree.
Black Mage wrote:Look, if your mother had made dresses, I would've called her a tailor instead.

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Hallo hallo!

Glad to see you guys over here, though you're not looking yourselves without your old avatars....

Chelle
N00b

Postby Chelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Yes! I need to go get myself one of those. In fact later on once Caitlyn's in bed I plan to go get my old one :)

legolas1228
N00b

Postby legolas1228 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

I uploaded my avatar and even got part of my old sig back too. :D
Black Mage wrote:Look, if your mother had made dresses, I would've called her a tailor instead.

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 am

Welcome back you two :D I always loved your avy legolas :lol:
[Under Construction]

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Original RB Name(s): ashbow
When you joined: late 90's
When you were most active on RB: around the time Jorum left
What people might remember you from: I was in Tom's Drawers and Inklings quite a bit. I remember doing chapter discussions of LOTR, and add on stories. I went to Withy's Banks for a long time, and Withy pointed me here as it is becoming a ghost town.
What you've been doing lately: re-married in 2006, and have a soon to be 3 year old son keeping me busy.

Return to “Welcome/Membership Agreement”