So, Where is Everyone?

New to the site? Start a thread here and tell us about yourself! Also enter for site Membership Agreement.
Halasian
Crimebuster

So, Where is Everyone?

Postby Halasian » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:20 am

It seems the re-vitalization of the old Ringbearer into something wider didn't take off? Good to see a few folk still around regular (Shireling, Tom Cotton, Padfoot... anyone else?) Where is Ms Brandybuck, Shuggy, and the sweet Candy Cane?
Dunedain Ranger in the Shadows

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Re: So, Where is Everyone?

Postby TomCotton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Some of those folks stumble through sometimes. Not much going on at all.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I think it's a combination of Facebook, Twitter and life getting so busy for so many of us.
The thing that I worry about, is having something serious happen and not be able to let anybody in here know. That, and not knowing if something has happened to anybody else.

When the ElijahFanForums crashed, there were people that I lost all track of :( . There are a couple that I had email addresses for - and phone numbers - but some are gone forever. When Kris died (remember Krazy Kris?), his boyfriend was able to let us all know...

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Postby resoundingjoy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:39 am

Probably a lot of it has to do with the changing landscape of social media as Shireling mentions -- so much of fandom now exists on sites like Tumblr.

Aww, I do remember Kris! :( He was my RB Secret Santa giver one year!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 pm

resoundingjoy wrote:Probably a lot of it has to do with the changing landscape of social media as Shireling mentions -- so much of fandom now exists on sites like Tumblr.

Aww, I do remember Kris! :( He was my RB Secret Santa giver one year!

I'm registered on two tumblr sites, one for Richard III, and the other's Aneurin Barnard. Still don't know how I post on these :( ...just realized that I've forgotten my passwords, too :/ .

I don't think Kris was ever in Balrog :( . I just realized he wasn't. This went online in March, and it'll be three years in February that he passed...was very much a sweetie.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Welcome/Membership Agreement”