Hi!

New to the site? Start a thread here and tell us about yourself! Also enter for site Membership Agreement.
Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

Hi!

Postby Withywindle » Sun May 02, 2010 5:20 pm

So what version number are we on now then? ;)
Nice place. I'll just sit over there if that's ok with everyone. :D
Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune / Something to make us all happy / Do anything to take us out of this gloom / Sing a song, play guitar / Make it snappy ...

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Re: Hi!

Postby TomCotton » Sun May 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey, Withy, how's it hangin'? They are still trying to get things sorted out here so maybe more folks can be drawn in. :ugeek:

Are you still doing the stage acting stuff?
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Withywindle » Sun May 02, 2010 9:33 pm

I've retired! :lol:

Nice to see you TC :) You still support those Spurs boys? Big match Wednesday for you. As a united man I'll be cheering you on!
Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune / Something to make us all happy / Do anything to take us out of this gloom / Sing a song, play guitar / Make it snappy ...

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Mon May 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Yep, still hanging in there with the Spurs. I managed to see the 14 April match on TV with Arsenal where they finally won against them in White Hart Lane after 11 years. A bonus was them beating Chelsea in their next match. Looks like they are sitting #4 on the table.

What's up with all of that financial difficulties with Man U? Too many players being paid too much or something? Of course that is true with any of the major leagues in professional sports now days, no matter the game. The only things that the fans can really look forward to are higher ticket prices and higher beer prices. The prime seats that I paid $13.50 for to watch the Chicago Cubs are now going for $55 to $100 depending on the date. The $7.50 seats are going for $27 to $63. Beers were around $2, now they are $6.75 from the vendors in the stands, $6.50 at the concession stands. :roll:

I remember one place I went to watch a football game (US style) the vendors in the stands were selling beers for $4.25, counting on the customer to give them a fiver and not worry about getting change back, so that was a quick and easy $.75 each time. :roll: :roll:

Didn't a wise man a few years back mention that Man City would have three seasons in the Premiership --- Fall, Winter, and Spring. :lol:
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Withywindle » Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 pm

United are up the swanee because of Malcolm Glazer (he owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well) 'buying' the club with a shedload of borrowed money. From being a limited company owing nothing we went to a private company owing £750 million. Yep that's pounds not dollars! A few businessmen are getting a consortium together to try and buy him out and hopefully run the club more on the lines of the Barcelona financial model. Fotunately we have a massive turnover and immense fan base so we can weather it. Smaller clubs have been going to the wall though like Portsmouth.

City have got money to burn! :roll: Rich arab has bought them out. Another reason why I want Spurs to get fourth! A champions league spot for City would mean alot of players wanting to go there! :o

In game refreshments are a joke! They are that over prticed over here that they actually search your bags just in case you have smuggled in beer! :lol:

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Mon May 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey Withy! Welcome over :)
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Withywindle » Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Howdy Azzy! :)

barkybree
Mome Rath

Postby barkybree » Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 am

Howdy Withy!

Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Withywindle » Tue May 04, 2010 6:27 am

Howdy Barky! :)

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Mon May 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Welcome to the place Withy :D Like the avatar ;)
[Under Construction]

vispera
Mome Rath

Postby vispera » Tue May 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Hi, Withy. :)

afoolofatook
N00b

Postby afoolofatook » Tue May 25, 2010 2:51 am

Hey, ya'll! :D

Y'know, after watching Lost I'm pretty sure when the time comes the grim reaper will be scoopin' me up and droppin' me off in a tavern in Bree where this motley crew will be gathered, waiting for everyone to arrive before heading off to catch that last white ship. ;)

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Wed May 26, 2010 2:55 am

Not a bad idea, fool-tooky. ;)

Hi, withy! :)
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 am

Hi, Withy. :)

LOL fool-tooky!
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

Return to “Welcome/Membership Agreement”