The Ivy Bush - General Chat

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:29 am

levynite:

things-with-teeth:
The closer we get to Thanksgiving the more I worry about the turkeys that Obama pardoned.

#i mean #given trump’s determination to undo everything that obama did #i’m just saying

(via squeeful)

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 pm

My little boss is playing nurse again. *Sigh* I took a fall again. This time, we were at the graveyard, getting dad's place ready for winter (Mom always covers it with spruce), and I told her, I'm going down to the grandparent's place and start working there (brushing the leaves off and clean the tomb slap). Our graveyard is very steep and unfortunately, not very well tended. The main ways are in a bad shape and very mossy, but I could tell that at least it had been cleaned recently because all the leaves were gone. However, I slipped on a mossy bit of the road and fell downwards, twisting my left knee about 90°. :wtf: For a moment, all went black around me, and the pain was as sharp as a knife. It took me a while before I was able to get up again. Mom wanted to help, but I told her to stay put, because the last thing I needed was her trying to lift me up and taking a fall herself. I was able to get up again after a few minutes, but the pain was considerable. And it grew worse throughout the afternoon, so my sister took me to hospital on Saturday evening. Seems like I pulled my ligaments in my left leg, and now I have to wear a spling for the next 4 weeks. Great. I've been on sick leave the past week and will be so for the next week as well. I'm hopping around on crutches, but most of the time I have to wear the bloody splint to keep my leg immobile.

Timmy likes it, for I have to rest my leg as much as possible, and he takes it very serious to make sure I do :D

Needless to say that the boss at work is not amused, since the weeks before Christmas are the busiest of the year.

Hoping to go online more often now, I just created a laptop table by using a dinner tray on my laps...
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 am

OH, SWEETIE!!!! :hug: I'm so sorry you hurt yourself! I hope you'll be better soon. :hug: I can imagine how pleased Timmy is though.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 pm

:lol: I hate the splint. :lol: No matter how tight I pull the straps, as soon as I start walking (or rather hobbling), it slips and after a few steps it's not around my knee anymore but rather around my ankle. It's supposed to go from thigh to mid-calf. So I went to the medical supply store and they explained to me that this one is actually not made for walking, but for resting one's leg. Hmph. They told me differently at the hospital, but that wasn't the only thing that went wrong. They also told me if I would use crutches, I could walk around (a little), so I wouldn't need thrombosis shots. In the report my GP has however it says that I should not put weight on my leg for at least 7 days and I ought to get daily thrombosis shots. However, the GP received the report only on Friday, and only after they requested it. I told them I wasn't given a letter from the hospital, and I called twice to ask if they had received anything. She also complained that she hadn't seen me on Monday, but that was due to her staff who told me that I didn't need to see her to get a doctor's note for the week, due to them being very busy. I should have insisted, but I didn't have the nerves. I just wanted to get back home and get my leg up again.

Anyway: next appointment is on Wednesday.

The optician called as well: my new glasses are ready. I might pick them up on Wednesday.

Nurse Timmy is enjoying his job. :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:21 pm

That's universal, the splint slip. A friend of ours pulled the muscles in back of his thigh. The supporter sounds just like what you have. And every time he tried to stand, it fell down. I was thinking duct tape might help? Not a lot, just enough to loop around the top and attach to your waist? Maybe for when you're out on Wednesday, that would be good - I don't know if the doctor would approve. But then, they just might be impressed by your ingenuity :D .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am

I was thinking duct tape myself. But I'll have to get some first. :D Already searched the house and didn't find any.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Padfoot wrote:I was thinking duct tape myself...

I knew you were a genius :D !

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm

:D :D I may have to hire my sister to get me the tape, though. Driving is still very difficult for me. Next doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning.

And I got my new glasses today. I need to get used to them, My eyesight is slowly worsening.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Padfoot wrote::D :D I may have to hire my sister to get me the tape, though. Driving is still very difficult for me. Next doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning.

Let me know what they say.

And I got my new glasses today. I need to get used to them, My eyesight is slowly worsening.

Are you having trouble with night driving? That's my problem.

I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday :roll: . There goes five hours I'll never get back.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Yes, night driving (especially night and rain and during wintertime) is a nightmare. I hope it's better with the new ones. Takes a couple of days until my eyes have fully adjusted to the new ones.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Padfoot wrote:Yes, night driving (especially night and rain and during wintertime) is a nightmare. I hope it's better with the new ones. Takes a couple of days until my eyes have fully adjusted to the new ones.

Yeah, the glare from the oncoming cars is the worst. I've stopped going after dark unless I'm right around the corner. Like this Saturday is the Advent Party at Saint Francis, starting with Mass at 5, and the whole way is well lit. How is your leg coming along?

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am

Leg still hurts, I'm still using the crutches. It's getting better, but as soon as I put off the bandage (or the splint, I wear it in the evenings) , it cuts like a knife through the knee. Back at work, nonetheless. I have a makeshift leg-rest to put up my leg (made out of a cardboard box, and a cushion), and it's OK so far. Now I feel a cold coming up :slowblush: I just hope I'll make it through the last 2 weeks. :blushy:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm

:hug: , :coffee: , gentle shoulder massage, cold pack to the leg, maybe? I'm thinking all the things Timmy might do. Of course, opposable thumbs would help. Keep warm :ghug: .

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm

mitoticcephalopod:
this is some good shit right here

(via anaisnein)

MAZELTOV!

Return to “General Chat”