The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Padfoot
Time Lord

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby Padfoot » Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 am

So, unless we get a memo that says, DO THIS OR ELSE WE WILL TICKLE YOU UNTIL YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SAVING OF YOUR OWN LIVES AND THOSE OF YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS, the rates of infection and death will continue to rise here.

Yup. Numbers and infection rates have been decreasing here, but those are the numbers from before the loosening. The numbers in 2 weeks will be completely different, I bet. Every doctor says it takes about 2 weeks minimum to see the real effect of the loosening.

All kidding aside, though, this is criminal, and the people responsible - the Republican Head of the Senate, and the Vice-President - should be arrested right along with Pumpkinhead, imho.

Yes. And in Great Britain as well.

But I should not judge. One politician over here (the Mayor of Tübingen) actually complained that "we're saving the lives of people who would be dead within the next 6 months anyway" - referring to the oder generation 70+ - this makes me so sick.
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun May 17, 2020 11:46 am

...One politician over here (the Mayor of Tübingen) actually complained that "we're saving the lives of people who would be dead within the next 6 months anyway" - referring to the oder generation 70+ - this makes me so sick.

Okay, I googled him, Mayor Palmer, and he reminds me so much of this one US congressman, whom I have been affectionately referring to as Eggplant. He was born the year I graduated from high school, so he's no spring chicken himself. Oh, I miss President Obama, and PM Merkel, and everybody else who was sane! I wuve them so much! *MASSSIVVEE HUGGGGS* to them! I need this over and done, Paddy!

:bang:

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Wed May 27, 2020 6:56 pm

I hear Trump is going after Twitter (via Twitter) now because they started fact-checking his tweets? Does it get any more absurd than this? :paperbag:

Good to hear Michael's coming on Sunday. It'll be good for you to see each other again, it has been a very long time.

2 days to go and I'll hopefully be off work for the next 2 weeks. I say hopefully, because my colleague is due for an intracardiac catheter this Friday, and I hope everything goes well and she get the all-clear. She has been through enough with her bronchial asthma and her allergies, heart problems are the last thing she needs.

To be honest, calling it a holiday would be an exaggeration, but I need to re-charge, I feel my battery is running low. Haven't been feeling too well lately (not physical). The house still isn't sold. A yound couple wanted the house, they came 3 times to visit and check from basement to attic, the wife was all over how the house would be perfect for them, and just a few hundred metres across the street from husband's brother, they weren't afraid of renovating... and when it came to signing the contract, the wife pulled a 180, literally with the pen in her hands, blaming Corona virus and job concerns. For the record, husband was as flabbergasted as were the real estate agend and we. And regarding her job concerns: she's a civil servant, and the worst that could happen to her is an early retirement with a nice pension. :bang:

I would have loved to be the fly on the wall on their living room that evening. Anyway, I'm thoroughly pissed. Haven't been sleeping well ever since.

Went with Timmy to the vet yesterday. He hadn't been using his litterbox since Sunday and I was afraid there might be a problem (he had just been digging holes in the litter, but didnt really leave anything but some poo). However, the vet said he's in a good condition, he might have caught a minor cystitis, but nothing serious, and I needn't worry. She also said it's better to check instead of waiting too long. She gave me some drops I have to apply 3 times a day (he can lick it off his fur), but the applying business is... a challenge :D :lol: Anyway, the litterbox was used again this morning and I take it as a good sign. Currently, he's outside. He's probably using his "outside loo" anyway this time of year - wherever it may be :lol:

I'm probably the classic, over-worrying cat-mom. :paperbag:

Edit: back inside,killing the armchair... :paperbag:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed May 27, 2020 8:32 pm

Padfoot wrote:I hear Trump is going after Twitter (via Twitter) now because they started fact-checking his tweets? Does it get any more absurd than this? :paperbag:

He's such a brat. November can't come soon enough.

Good to hear Michael's coming on Sunday. It'll be good for you to see each other again, it has been a very long time.

I can't wait to see him! :yay:

2 days to go and I'll hopefully be off work for the next 2 weeks. I say hopefully, because my colleague is due for an intracardiac catheter this Friday, and I hope everything goes well and she get the all-clear. She has been through enough with her bronchial asthma and her allergies, heart problems are the last thing she needs.

To be honest, calling it a holiday would be an exaggeration, but I need to re-charge, I feel my battery is running low. Haven't been feeling too well lately (not physical). The house still isn't sold. A yound couple wanted the house, they came 3 times to visit and check from basement to attic, the wife was all over how the house would be perfect for them, and just a few hundred metres across the street from husband's brother, they weren't afraid of renovating... and when it came to signing the contract, the wife pulled a 180, literally with the pen in her hands, blaming Corona virus and job concerns. For the record, husband was as flabbergasted as were the real estate agend and we. And regarding her job concerns: she's a civil servant, and the worst that could happen to her is an early retirement with a nice pension. :bang:

I would have loved to be the fly on the wall on their living room that evening. Anyway, I'm thoroughly pissed. Haven't been sleeping well ever since.

:thud: :wtf: I am so sorry! It sure sounded like a done deal! Aw Paddy! And while she's waltzing around, you lost others who would be giving the house a look! Should I give her a swift kick in the tuckus - from here plus socially separating, with masks? I'll put them on my feet :D .

Went with Timmy to the vet yesterday. He hadn't been using his litterbox since Sunday and I was afraid there might be a problem (he had just been digging holes in the litter, but didnt really leave anything but some poo). However, the vet said he's in a good condition, he might have caught a minor cystitis, but nothing serious, and I needn't worry. She also said it's better to check instead of waiting too long. She gave me some drops I have to apply 3 times a day (he can lick it off his fur), but the applying business is... a challenge :D :lol: Anyway, the litterbox was used again this morning and I take it as a good sign. Currently, he's outside. He's probably using his "outside loo" anyway this time of year - wherever it may be :lol:

I'm probably the classic, over-worrying cat-mom. :paperbag:

Edit: back inside,killing the armchair... :paperbag:

I'm glad you took him in. Our little furry guys tend to have those troubles. Amy's okay. She scared me last week by settling next to the wall, looking all puffy. But I pulled out the treats and she just snapped to - like nothing. No, you're a good cat -mom. They need us to worry about them. I'll let you know how Mike is. I can't wait!

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 am

I enjoyed the 2 weeks off work and offline. Timmy was glad to have me around 24/7 :lol: mostly to leave the door open so he could stroll outside whenever he liked to. I deliberately stayed offline (except for news on TV), because I felt I spent too much time in front of a computer lately.

I feel well, Timmy is doing fine, too. Lena and I started our weekly cooking again, which is fun.

Had my car at the garage for its annual inspection and got the inspection sticker for the next 2 years. That's 7 years done, 2 more to come (hopefully). I like my car. :lol:

No news on the house front, though.

I hope you are all well!

I'm in the process of writing a police report for my insurance company...

What happened?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:31 am

Oh, it's so good to hear from you! Well - gosh, where do I start?

As for the police report, it was required by the insurance company. And there's virtually no information, just what I've seen over the past few months with our mail. The keys from our home - the extra set held by the condo-complex disappeared. Our mail box key has had some use by somebody and pieces were turning up missing, or very late, and then one (a doctor's bill) was folded in thirds and carried around in what seemed to be a back pocket. Nobody has been in our home, believe me I would know, mainly because someone's always here, like Duane. So I signed up for digital reports from the post office, which will go through September, and they show me what's about to be delivered. I never thought and I don't think that it was ever a postal employee.

Anyway, I went ahead and changed out all of our locks and it is costly (853.60), and the smith suggested I apply for reimbursement through our homeowners policy. They make you - intended or not - feel like a crook. Same questions, over and over, in different order by different people, and yesterday came a letter asking the age and condition of the locks. So that's that.

On better news, saw the Michael on Sunday. Watched Devotions over ZOOM, and had DoorDash bring us Wendy's. I would do that again, in a heartbeat. Is it cheap? Hell no, but the lady brought us all of these bags and in five seconds, we're eating. And I made sure it was all gone. Mike's looking good; they think he's lost weight because he hasn't been able to snatch food from the other clients, while the daycare has been closed. They need to get on top of his thievery, because I'm afraid that one day he'll do it to the wrong person and they will hurt him.

Tell Lena I said hello. I think of her often. Still nothing on the house? Get your hands on a St. Joseph kit, and follow the directions to the letter. It can't hurt, and I know of people who have done it with great success. And, as far as I'm concerned, any man who takes a pregnant woman, from Nazareth all the way to Bethlehem on a donkey is a great guy.

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 am

Get your hands on a St. Joseph kit, and follow the directions to the letter. It can't hurt, and I know of people who have done it with great success.

I don't know what that is :paperbag:

I just read in the news, that Sir Ian Holm has passed at the age of 88. :cry: :cry:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Where do I begin?

Sir Ian? My previously unknown Frodo from the radio series? My android? My Italian secretary? My precious doctor and tormentor of George III? My Bilbo? Man...These people that I love, if they don't stop dying, we'll run out of them! Damn...

But you, my friend, need help with selling your house. Behold the following: Go to Amazon, and look up Saint Joseph Home Seller Kit. There you will find a box that he comes in, a statue - go with whatever your taste is - and order one. Read the directions, dig a hole and bury him in said hole, without the box. Trust, trust, trust, and he'll sell your house. He's a good man and he's ready to help, like Saint Anthony. I don't know what I'd do without Tony.

Sir Ian Holm at 88... :( bummer...

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:23 am

I followed your advice and ordered St. Joseph. Let's pray it helps. I never knew something like this existed.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:51 pm

It can't hurt :D .

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 am

:D That's what I thought

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 am

Yep! :D

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:11 am

Happy belated 4th of Jul :cheers: despite social distancing and isolation. Hope you're still doing alright.

My right index finger is in a splint, due to inflammation. I'm at work nonetheless, but typing is no fun - let alone handwriting. The splint is a hindrance, and the finger hurts like hell. Apart from that, nothing new here. Any weird typos are due to that.

St. Joseph arrived yesterday, now I'll have to find the time to bury him in the yard. :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 am

I'm sorry about your hand :( . My left is numb and tingly, but not so bad as it was - it's not a contest, I understand. Paddy if I could tell you all the nonsense I've been dealing with lately...

Anyway, Saint Joe's there! Now you've got to follow the instructions, to the letter. Don't leave anything to chance, you want to sell that house! And I'll say the prayer he comes with too, so he'll get a proper launch. :D

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 am

don't know what the matter is with people. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't. But don't get in my space, and murmur insults at me, because I chose to. What a bunch of maroons! And they are all ages, both genders, and white as lilies.

Same here. Conspiracy theories sprouting like mushrooms (Merkel wants to take over Worls leadership, is fincanced by Bill Gates who finances the development of a vaccine in order to lace them with nanobots so he can control every single person et. etc. etc. - yep, head is spinning) Taxi driver getting beat by passengers because he asked them to wear a mask. In France, a bus driver was beat into a coma because he was following orders and refused to drive people not wearing a mask.

I wear a mask in public. I put it on before leaving my car and put it off once I'm back in the car, going home. As long as I'm outside, I'll keep it on. People around me take their masks off when leaving one shop and put them back on before entering the next shop down the street. Ridiculous. :paperbag: :redeyeroll: Yes, you sweat underneath the thing, but if that's the only thing to complain about, then I'll happily sweat and wash my face once I get home. As long as it takes.

Return to “General Chat”