The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Padfoot
Time Lord

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby Padfoot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:34 pm

I am so happy and relieved now. The money has arrived, I put most of it on the side. Feels good to be able to! I won't have to worry how to pay for it if my tumbler (26 years) or the washer (10 years) need to be replaced. I'm also able to put aside money for a new car, although the current plan is to keep this one as long as it doesn't need costly repairs.
I'm working on my wishlist right now. So far I bought:

- a new ironing board
- a new and decent vacuum cleaner (the most expensive thing I bought so far)
- a street sweeper
- new shoes
- some new clothes
- new custom sunglasses (on special offer)

Yep, I'm being decadent... :D

Timmy is fine, although he doesn't like the fact that summer has suddenly turned into autumn and the temperatures are dropping. It's gotten really chilly and I will have to harvest my tomatoes tomorrow, they'll need to mature in the kitchen, because we'll be getting frost. His evening strolls are getting shorter now. He doesn't know yet, but he's facing another two visits to the vets. One for his annual shots, and the other one to have his fractured left fang removed and his teeth cleaned. :D
Currently he's lying beside me on the sofa. He just returned from another short evening patrol and now it's almost bedtime.

My sister and I both feel considerably better now the house is sold. All our strain is gone. The couple who bought it are already deep into renovation, had fuel and wood delivered and apparently they're getting on well. She told us they are already finished with the first floor and started on the upper floor (bedrooms). The baby is due in January and the plan is to move by the end of November, and I actually think they'll make it.

St Joseph has found a nice place in my kitchen. I might move him to my office, but for the moment, the kitchen is fine. :)

The loss of Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a heavy blow. And the way things are going, I don't believe he will leave quietly if he loses. He's already spent months to prepare his devoted follower that if he loses, it'll be by fraud. Will you vote by mail or by ballot drop box or in person?
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:41 pm

You sound so happy! I'm so glad for you and Timmy, girl.

Yeah, losing Justice Ginsburg was awful. But I can't imagine how she's managed to stay ahead of the cancer all these years - what a great soul she was.

Well, we're waiting for our ballots to come in the mail. We sent in the applications 12 days ago, and now we wait. And after, we'll mail them back, or drop box if one is close by. Oh, I'm just so glad about your news! :D

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am

That wasn't a debate. That was a debacle...

How's Amy?

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 am

Happy Birthday Chase, wherever you are!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:37 am

Padfoot wrote:That wasn't a debate. That was a debacle...
No argument here.

How's Amy?

She's been acting strange. Vacuum cleaner doesn't bother her anymore - at least she didn't run away when Duane came into the bedroom with it. She's bitten him three times. I called the doctor and she's gonna give her Gabapentin for pain and it should relax her. I have to pick it up in the morning.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:47 am

I've got one thing to say, and I hope somebody cares enough to do it...

Throw a net over Trump, get him to a bed, and make sure he's getting enough oxygen, for crying out loud! Doesn't anybody care about this man? In the words of Annie Sullivan, "...even a dog, you house break!" He's a danger to himself and others! I repeat, doesn't anybody care about him? For the sake of Barron and the grandkids, who must love him, make him behave! Jiminy Christmas!

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am

Trump is out of control.

If Biden refuses another tv debate, he'll call him a coward (and that's probably the friendliest word he'll come up with). Though every little bit of common sense calls for cancelling further debates. Trump will rally on like an elephant in a china shop. I don't know where this will lead, but be prepared. I see dark times ahead after the election.

How are things at home?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 pm

okay...

I don't recall Biden refusing to debate Trump a second time; in fact, they have yet to debate one another at all. Duane and I just voted, did our civic duty we did. Now tonight the VPs are debating, and though I'm glad that they have the plexiglass, I would rather they did it in total separation - like a few states apart.

Trump is on a steroid cocktail - don't know what's in it, how much he's taking, or what condition his lungs are in. I've been on steroids, and I felt so good it was incredible, so I get it. I'm not worried about the finish. If he loses, he will be removed, physically if necessary. Around here there are fewer and fewer Magas; a lot of people are seeing the light, and it's not shining from that hemorrhoidal superstructure south of the belt.

Amy's good. Appetite is spot on, litter works are going in the right place. We have four beds set up for her and she uses every one of them. Right now she's sleeping in my room, behind me. I ordered about 4-6 months of food, which came today. I have pain medication for her, and when I gave it to her, it made her limp as a dishrag. We tried it to see if that's why she was biting and just laying around when we vacuumed. Now we think it's because she'd come into season again.

How are you doing?

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:24 am

I'm doing OK. Fall is here, Timmy's patrols are getting shorter and he comes inside to use the litter box :lol: He's also in bed some time before I go upstairs, waiting for me :lol:

I'm doing really OK. Money may not be able to buy happiness, but I feel much better now knowing I have something on the side and my balance is in the black. I realize only now how much strain my financial situation had put upon me for so long, and I really hope it stays the way it is now. I've been sleeping better ever since.

Covid19 is getting closer everyday. 4000 new infections from yesterday. We may think we are prepared, but I'm not so sure.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:11 pm

We're in for a bumpy ride, no mistake. And I'm glad we have Trump, because I wouldn't want any other nation to have to put up with this. I feel as though we earned him and his minions, this total bunch of idiots who voted this ilk into office because they think they know it all, these legends in their own minds that see equality as a step down from the 'superiority' they suppose it theirs. :roll:

Last night's debate showed just how smooth and calculating a liar Pence is. He was a radio host years ago, and you could see him grimacing all over the place, because he's fallen back into that, forgetting he could be seen by the audience. And there it was again,
'Answer my question, wench! What you have to say is not as important as what I need to, right as you're talking! And he did that to
the moderator, too. All of these interruptions - though not as bad Trump - were still out of place in this day and age.

I felt the night went to Kamala, with an Honorable Mention going to the fly, who, according to Rachel Maddow, is in negotiations for its own show.

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 am

Yes, Pence's fly was all over the news here, too. :D

I always think of him as some kind of robot. There's no life in him. He's like a machine.

Trump boasting about his newfound Covid immunity makes me want to throw up. When he told his audience he could walk among them and kiss everyone of them, he was practically threatening to kill them all... He's neither immune nor healthy, and no amount of tangerine spray can hide that.

It's getting cold over here. Timmy's measuring his outside time by the dropping temperature. 2°C means 2 minutes outside :lol: :lol: I'm looking forward to a week off work next week. :yay:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 am

Padfoot wrote:Yes, Pence's fly was all over the news here, too. :D

On SNL there were two of them!

I always think of him as some kind of robot. There's no life in him. He's like a machine.

He had some footing in reality the day or two of the inauguration - he almost fainted on the dais when the oath was finished. But he's done, Kool-aid drunk, glass washed, back on the shelf. I can't forget him going to Texas and avoiding the eyes of the hundreds of men in detention. Not even a toothbrush, they were telling him, did they have in four months! We still have voters who want these two 'jewels' for another term :roll: .

Trump boasting about his newfound Covid immunity makes me want to throw up. When he told his audience he could walk among them and kiss everyone of them, he was practically threatening to kill them all... He's neither immune nor healthy, and no amount of tangerine spray can hide that.

:lol: Tangerine spray! None so blind as they who will not see, right? I don't know what to make of those showing up for these 'rallies'. Yeah you are free, etc. and so on, to do whatever, but...

It's getting cold over here. Timmy's measuring his outside time by the dropping temperature. 2°C means 2 minutes outside :lol: :lol: I'm looking forward to a week off work next week. :yay:

I can just see him :D , poor baby. Enjoy your time off, Paddy! :D

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Oh, I will. :lol: Whether Timmy will... I don't know :D He has 2 visits to the vet ahead. One for his annual shots, and the second one to remove his fractured fang and to clean his teeth. :D :paperbag: But ssshhhh.. I haven't told him yet. :paperbag: Until then, I let him enjoy his patrols.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:51 am

Amy's still truckin'. Right now she's sleeping in Duane's room. It's been okay, and I'm glad for that. I'm just worried that when she needs the pain medication, I won't be able to get her to take it. I have those little pill pockets, and the vet was just so angry with me, because Amy is very picky. She will not, just won't, eat anything - like ice cream. She's not that kind of 'person'. So I'm just waiting for things to settle.

Padfoot
Time Lord

Postby Padfoot » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:23 pm

Covid has reached the family, both at home and at the office. There's a new outbreak at Lena's residential home. Luckily, she was at my sister's place when the call came in, which means, she can stay there for the time being. The home has been shut down.

One of our junior bosses called this morning, he's been in contact with somebody who was tested positive last weekend. He's been trying to reach the local health office all morning for further information and instructions, but can't get through. For the time being, he'll be working from home.

We'll be self-isolating as much as we can. In my case, this means home -> office -> necessary shopping -> back home.

His majesty is doing fine. At least one of us. :D He even let me sleep longer last week :lol: :lol: Now that it's dark and cold, he enjoys the longer cuddling.

At least I was able to get my chores done during my week off. Car is prepared, tyres have been changed, house has been cleaned. Decoration has been put up. :D

Good luck to us all!

I had internet trouble at home, internet is on and off (weather-related?), same here at work. Very strange.

Return to “General Chat”