The Ivy Bush - General Chat

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby shireling » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes they did. And, but for the grace of God, these IUDs didn't go off - according to the Head of the FBI - because they weren't subjected to enough pressure or heat. Since the Lincoln assassination, we have never had this kind of attempt carried out.

And this time yesterday, another pathetic screw-up went into the lovely synagogue of Squirrel Hill, in Pittsburgh, PA, where my mother's family settled, killing and maiming those attending a bris. One thing I've learned, living here in the US of A, is that some folks who came here for freedom, can't stand to see others have it too.

These two men, both white, both, because of their accident of birth, have a status which they did not earn, and do not deserve. I can tell you without fear of contradiction, that they resent the gains of women, people of color, the disabled and immigrants - even those immigrants who have been here longer than the ancestors of these two losers have been. I've known white men like this, grown up with white men like this, baby sat for little white boys who told me that I'm not as American as they are, because their three times great grandfathers served with Washington, and mine sailed steerage to Ellis Island, in the late 1800's. These guys are spoiled, entitled and terrorists, and so are the rest of their ilk. And I must not forget the African-American couple, who were just shopping, murdered in a Kroger grocery store by yet another piece of animated doody. But, if the Temple had been armed, if the congregants had been armed, it wouldn't have happened, says the genius of the Tower.

Btw, I've changed my mind about the Second Amendment; Duane and I should go out today and get kitted with a musket and flintlock, just like the Founding Fathers intended, and display them over the mantel.

I am so pissed...ten more freakin' days, people. Please, please, please vote against this, please.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Allegra
Mome Rath

Postby Allegra » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi I hope you are well. Back to work for me!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:09 am

Thank you so much for the Advent Calendar, Paddy! I've never had one before, and now I'm looking forward to the next day to see what's there :hug: .

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:45 am

I had help with decorating the trees from yesterday :lol: . I'm used to having a limited number of ornaments and tinsel to work with and just put some candles and a star the one. When I came back to that page today, I found a tree already done. I was able to finish the other two :D; I think they'd look grand anywhere.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:19 am

Sorry for the continuing absence!
Mom was back at the hospital. She's home now, but she has to return to hospital in January - she's going to need an artificial bladder - her bladderhas proliferated, blocking the right kidney.

Right now, she has a catheter (in her kidney), at least she's in no pain, but she's going to have a big surgery coming up in January.

Office is the usual hell before Christmas...

Hope to be back soon!

Enjoy the advent calender, I love to stroll through Edinburgh myself, but I haven't looked for the past days, and I have some days to catch up to as well...
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:26 pm

Sweetie, I am so sorry that your mom is having such trouble. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I hope that she's managing okay; a friend of mine just went through the same thing a couple of months ago. She's fine now. I pray your mother has as good an outcome.

I'm having fun with the calendar as well. Thanks again. :hug:

Return to “General Chat”