The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Azriel
Crimebuster

The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby Azriel » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Welcome!

Welcome to The Ivy Bush a place which, for years, has been the thread in which to kick back, relax and chat about whatever you like.

Here there is no such thing as 'on-topic' so, come settle down and tell us what's on your mind!

Azriel
Crimebuster

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby Azriel » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:55 pm

I hope that's alright ^
I looked for what I could salvage of the original first post, but it's all rules and roleplay.

I think the "female hobbit" from the post is meant to be Hashberry who we've not seen in quite a looong time. Anyone Facebook friends with her? I wonder how she is.
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

Chelle
N00b

Postby Chelle » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:31 pm

I remember spending ages in here to avoid doing my A-Level work :lol: oh the good old days...now I'm a strictly after 7pm visitor to the forums I frequent but I will make this one of them and hopefully this thread will be full of fun just like the old ones :)

Misfit Doll
N00b

Postby Misfit Doll » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 am

Ahoy thar!

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:54 am

Woohoo, it's Chelle and M1 :D Miss you guys! Though I could talk to you on FB anytime, there's not often context.

How's life?
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

Chelle
N00b

Postby Chelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Life is good bar Caitlyn not letting me have more than 90 minutes sleep last night! :shock: How about you two?

I've missed you guys tonnes! Even though, as Az said, I've had the chance to catch up via FB :)

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Postby resoundingjoy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Hurrah! A new IB!

*runs around hugging people and passing out cookies*

Misfit Doll
N00b

Postby Misfit Doll » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am

Chelle'ness and Az! And Joy!..and and and..everyone else! :D

So wonderfully dandy to be having a hangout again! 8-) I do very little actual communicating on Facebook, tend to just play some of the games there, along with helping to moderate a chatroom, related to one of the games I play, so yup, that's pretty much the extent of my FB life. :shock:

As for real life, it's taken up by looking after my son, who has been living with me for the past year and a bit, and my job, two days a week..and just daily life pretty much. Exciting ain't it. :P

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks Az, I think the first post works just fine ;) :D

Good to see you all here ladies :D
[Under Construction]

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:34 am

Hello everyone!

Glad you opened a new bar. The first post works out just right, as Cassie said! *high five!*

Real life keeps me away from this place, I hardly find the time to go online at all, let alone browse any forum... *sigh*

Now... I'd like a decent breakfast and some nice tea, for starters! :D
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:01 am

Speaking about breakfast, I've had a serious hankering lately for some good English sausages. They just don't make them the same in the US, and the proper English-made ones you can get here are expensive as hell :/

Yay for randomness :D
[Under Construction]

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:55 pm

What kind of food things do you miss the most from England Cassie?

There are so many things I never realized I took for granted until I moved to another country... Like having cereal choices. Back home there is a whole aisle of the supermarket devoted to cereal. Here in Japan there's a shelf. Usually there are about 5 types of cereal to choose from and that's it. I never realized I'd miss cereal so much :(

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Postby resoundingjoy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Cassie, what makes English sausages so special? (not in a sarcastic way, just curious!)

*passes Padfoot a teapot and a basket of loose leaf tea*

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:40 am

Az, I could go for days about the foods I miss :lol: Toad in the Hole, easy access to Yorkshire Pudding, Black Pudding, Greggs pasties, sticky toffee pudding, and so on. Though I did see Weetabix in a grovery store the other week :D I'm amazed that you're lacking in cereal though....I always imagined it being a universal food product :)

Joy, I wish I could answer that :lol: Ingredients I am sure. American sausages are "breakfast sausages" whereas in England, we do eat sausage for breakfast but also lunch and dinner. It's a universal pork product :D Plus, it's what I've eaten for 25 years of my life (I used to eat them raw as a kid, back when you could), and 6 years in the US hasn't changed my tastes. People do weird things to sausages over here, like put them in pancakes and put maple syrup on them. Yuk. No sweet stuff on English sausages, thank you. It's definitely a different mixtures of spices in there though.
[Under Construction]

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:52 am

Hey Cassie, I didn't know you were English! How cool is that?! I'm Irish, and live in Manchester. :D

How's everybody doing? I've been busy with this and that.
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

Return to “General Chat”