The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby Padfoot » Sat May 06, 2017 10:00 am

Yes, he's quite a character. And I like him for that. :D

My new desk is up and working (but I have yet to clean it and set things up ;) ) and things are slowly progressing there. Larissa turned 18 yesterday - and presented us her first boyfriend. :lol: Fortunately, the young man is a very nice guy, we liked him immediately, and I hope his influence on her will be a good one. :yes: They've been together for some 3 weeks now, I think she thought it the perfect opportunity for him to meet the whole lot, and vice versa. :lol: :lol:

Off to do some house cleaning, and desk-arranging!! :D Oh, and lawn-mowing :P :P
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 06, 2017 11:29 am

Larissa at 18?! She's one smart cookie, bringing her beau to meet all of you.

It just dawned on me. I'm beginning to feel that if you had started work on a PhD the same time this home remodel/demolition/remodel began, you'd be Doctor Padfoot by now, and getting your desk setup just in time to hang your shingle :D ! I love the smell of newly-cut grass. It has rained here ten days in a row, and the lawn's been cut three times!

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun May 07, 2017 8:57 am

I should have started the mowing seasons 2 or 3 weeks ago, but, there were other important things to do, besides, it was either raining or snowing. :lol: :D But garden #1 is done now (that is, for the next 2 weeks). Garden #2 will have to wait another few days. :D And.. today is Sunday, and Sunday is my "day off". I plan to spend it reading. Don't get much opportunity to read lately.

Timmy woke me up around 5 a.m. (he once again switched on the radio alarm) and wanted his breakfast. Boy, he's a smart one. He tried again around 6 and 7 a.m. (though I fed him at 5 :lol: ), so I told him off, but I suppose he doesn't really care. :lol: :D I guess he wanted me out of bed, so he could take over :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 am

Timmy woke me up around 5 a.m. (he once again switched on the radio alarm) and wanted his breakfast. Boy, he's a smart one. He tried again around 6 and 7 a.m. (though I fed him at 5 :lol: ), so I told him off, but I suppose he doesn't really care. :lol: :D I guess he wanted me out of bed, so he could take over :lol:

Kess would try to block me from getting back into bed after I'd been up to get some water, etc. It could be as early as 2 AM, but once my feet had touched the floor...

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun May 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Behold! Miss Rosa Parks' FeatherLite Pancakes!

Yes! It's her recipe - written on the back of an envelope - and I'm making them for the next devotions without telling anybody where I got them! Not right away...

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri May 12, 2017 7:38 am

I had a mouse present last night!! :D

Around 2 am, I woke up because I heard Timmy coming in, meowing loudly in a way that signalled "I caught something!", so I switched on the light and he carried a large mouse in his mouth, presenting it to me. Assuming It was dead, I praised him for his hunting skills and then went to fetch a hand broom and a scoop to dispose of the mouse. Timmy kept watch. When I returned and tried to scoop up the mouse, she returned to live and ran away :help: , Timmy on her heels. I closed the bedroom door so mousey wouldn't be able to escape. Timmy wanted to play, but the mouse was giving him one hell of a fight back :lmao: However, I was able to scoop her up with the broom, and I gave her a free flight into the back garden, out of my bedroom window (wich is barely 1 m above the ground). Timmy looked at me disbelieving, as if he wanted to say "you're throwing my PRESENT away?"

When I opened the bedroom door again, he darted through it, I went after him to put broom and scoop back where it belongs. As soon as I was back to bed and turned of the lights, I heard a "MRRRP!!" coming through the door and felt Timmy jumping on my bed, sitting down beside me. I switched on the lights, turned to him - and couldn't believe my eyes. Beside my pillow lay the (now definitely dead) mouse! :wtf: :lol: And he was so proud of his hunting skills! So I praised him once again, telling him what a great hunter he is (he was puffed up with pride :lol: :D ) , thanking him for the fantastic gift but telling him he doesn't need to bring mice into my bedroom, it would be enough if he deposited it downstairs :lol: :lmao:

So I got up again, fetched broom and scoop again and deposited the mouse in the dumpster outside the house... :D

Didn't sleep much for the rest of the night, though, kept listening for more "MEOW's" and "MRRP's"... :lol: :paperbag:

But what can I say - it's his way of showing me his love, I can't really be angry about it. It's the perks of being owned by a cat :lol: :lmao:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 am

OH. MY. GOD! :lmao: He loves you, Mommy Paddy!

Amy hasn't done that for me, and I'm not sure if Tasha ever did, but Kess would bring me her catnip mouse and lay it at the side of the bed that I usually get up on. My foot would touch it and you'd have to scrape me off the ceiling. Mine were strictly indoor cats, and these were the only rodents they had easy access to.

I remember one day when Tasha's birth mother, Katie, had brought a baby chipmunk to her owner. It was alive and looked unhurt, so I took it and put it back in the burrow. Katie followed me, meowing mournfully the whole way!

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon May 15, 2017 6:36 am

I had another mouse delievered last night. :lol: This time, he ate it. He probably didn't want me to throw it out again :lol: :lol: :D
Didn't really sleep after it, so I have to see how to make it through the day. :P I can't have that every night.... :lol: :lol: :naughty:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 pm

He really loves you :lol: ! You're probably right about him making sure you didn't 'waste' it like last time ;) .

We can't have indoor/outdoor cats here. They'll get picked up if they're seen running around, mainly because of the belief that cats are decimating the songbird population (which is nonsense, and you can quote me.) Birds can fly, rodents can't, and I've seen more songbirds in the clutches of hawks and falcons, taken on the wing, just as I'm driving around.

There's no way you can keep him in at night, is there? He'd probably bug you until you got up and let him out. Do you have a cat door?

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue May 16, 2017 4:14 am

We have a cat door, yes. He can go in and out whenever he wants to. :D Refreshingly, last night was mouse-free :lol: :lol: so I had a good night's sleep :lol: :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 16, 2017 4:39 am

It means the mice had a good night, too :D .

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 16, 2017 3:02 pm

It's a little late for Mother's Day, but here...

aloisbae:

happy mother’s day to all the fictional mothers who were sacrificed to generate a tragic backstory

(via poorshadowspaintedqueens)

Here's to
Kayla, mother of Chloe Khan, dead from a alien spider bite, leaving her husband and daughter alone on Gaia Prime
Opal Mae, mother of Elah/Flint, a suicide in the Letocian desert, and sacrifice for her grandson
The Queen of Kinsgelt, and mother of Prince Elijah, who died with the King from a plague caused by a wrathful cousin

RIP, ladies

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am

The mice and I had a couple more good nights :lol: :D - probably because I finally got to mow the garden :lol: Clever Timmy keeps waking me around 4 am by switching on the radio alarm - it's so funny I can't even tell him off for it , though I probably should. :lol: :paperbag:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon May 22, 2017 7:22 pm

I remember telling Kess that when she's done knocking over my lamp in the morning, I will miss it...

I lied :slowblush: .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed May 24, 2017 4:39 am

Yesterday it was mom's turn to get a mouse present :lol: At least it was during the day and he didn't bring it into her bedroom. She said it was a huge one :lol: and he didn't leave much over :paperbag:

Holiday coming up tomorrow, and I have Friday off. Maybe I get to do some decoration work in my new "office" :D

Return to “General Chat”