The Ivy Bush - General Chat

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby shireling » Wed May 24, 2017 9:51 am

Padfoot wrote:Yesterday it was mom's turn to get a mouse present :lol: At least it was during the day and he didn't bring it into her bedroom. She said it was a huge one :lol: and he didn't leave much over :paperbag:

Timmy's such good hunter; you know it'd be terrific if he could catch the occasional money, too :D

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed May 24, 2017 11:30 am

I'd happily call him a "Niffler"! :D Maybe I ought to read Harry Potter to him, so he knows how to go for the gold (or money) in the ground :lol: :lol:
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Hey, you never know ;) .

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun May 28, 2017 4:44 pm

I did something today I never thought to do before...before this past November.

We went to Devotions this morning, and there's been a big to-do called Freedom Fair out at the VA Center; it's for the whole weekend.
And Barb had brought back a bunch of American flags. They're bigger than the ones I usually see in cemeteries, and I decided to take one.

So, we're tooling down the road. I unfurled it and let it stream out my window as I drove; man, that wind was fierce! I really had to hold on. I'd figured maybe putting it into the ground, beside the stoop, and hadn't thought past that, when we came up on a little girl and her mother. They were Asian ladies, and after what had happened in Oregon, etc., I changed my mind about keeping it and pulled over. I asked if they would like it, and the mother thanked me, handing it to her daughter. As we drove away, the little girl was waving it like a baton.

They looked so vulnerable *tears* , so sweet, and it just flashed across my mind that nobody would dare bother them, if they were holding the flag...

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 am

Hopefully, you're right!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 pm

I think they were okay. I'm so sick of this...

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue May 30, 2017 8:57 am

Slept badly last night - partly due to the stifling heat, but also due to 4 (four!!) mouse deliveries! Now I'm walking around like :thud: :thud:
The good thing is: if he continues to clean up the mouse mess like this, soon there won't be an mice left. :lol:
The bad thing is: the lack of sleep is giving me migraines :(

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 am

:hug: I'm so sorry, Paddy :( :hug:. He is so thoughtful and generous - I remember reading an article that cats think of us as just weirdly-shaped versions of themselves, which I guess is a compliment. Personally, I think it's the opposable thumbs that they admire.

Speaking of the Bosses, mine has been nipping my knee for breakfast, and I don't dare laugh.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:57 am

I love him nonetheless, I know he keeps bringing me mice to show me his love, and I can't tell him off for it. Need to deal with it somehow :D Fortunately, the last few night were mouse-free. :D

Looking very much forward to Sherlock tonight, hoping it'll distract me a little from the not-so-great real live :( (London)

I wonder how Candy is doing these days, very much like to see some vital signs from her!

I'm a rampaging blood elf now? Well, I actually DO feel like a nice rampage is needed... :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:41 am

Congratulations on your new status! :D Timmy is one amazing hunter; maybe he all the mice he's caught so far, are the unwary or slow ones and now the rest are a bit more alert and onto him.

I've been thinking about Candy, too. And Nikki, who lives in Leeds. I met her online back in 2002, and we kept in touch long after that forum ended. I have her phone number - don't know if it still works. The news from London's been on all night :( .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:39 am

Timmy and I are getting used to having days off (yesterday was Corpus Christi, which is a holiday in our state, and today the office is closed, we all have a day off). I did my tax return earlier this week (yay), and already did a lot of mowing (as usual :D ) which means I might have a rather relaxed Saturday, for a change :lol: :lol: (Saturdays are usually packed with housework). I've watched the coverage on the London fire and I'm convinced it was the cladding of the building. They probably used flammable material for the refurbishing and renewing of the insulation. The fire spread so quickly, it was like the perfect chimney.

My little keyboard blocker tells me to feed him!!! :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:21 am

You're right about the cladding. I don't get this savings of a couple of dollars per meter. They bought the cheaper kind, that wasn't fire-preventative; now they're going to be paying what they saved, and more, for all the death and destruction they brought upon their tenants. There are survivors who will be suffering from this for the rest of their days, and no amount of money is going to ease that. Selfish, selfish and short-sighted :( .

My furry boss is changing. Her personality has become more cuddly over the months - even coming into season doesn't seem to change that (that's where we're at right now.) She'll be 12 at the end of June. It's hard to believe how long we've had her, seems like she's always been here. And she's still very much like a kitten - rolls around on her back when she sleeps :) , it's so cute.

I'm glad I took her in when I did. She's been a real joy to both of us.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Sorry I haven't been online much the last 2 weeks. 3 days left until my summer holiday, and I'm very much looking forward to it, hoping to finally finish the room. Other than that - I FINALLY BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP!! And I'm currently working on its settings. One-handed, that is, because the other hand needs to soothe my furry boss so he won't feel neglected He probably thinks "2 of these things? Isn't the small thingy enough destraction from me?" :lol: :D I also bought a new printer, so I'm finally able to do some work at home and I won't have to rely on my office computer. Now I just have to copy the data from my old computer to the new one, and then I'm done. I Itlike being able to sit in my living room and use the computer. It's something I won't ever take for granted. Timmy has already tried to take over the desk and to push the laptop off it, but that didn't work, so he just kept walking back and forth over the keyboard. :lol: :D

:D :D AND I have been busy cleaning away mice during the nights. Timmy really presents every single mouse to me, dead or not. I can't tell him off because he's so proud of his hunting success.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:26 am

I'm so happy for you. I love my laptop. I got it used from the guy who does our tech support, and it's been good. I miss having a printer, though Duane can do that for me. Being able to get work done in the comfort of your own home sounds fantastic - except for the last part of your post

:thud: Timmy was trying to push the computer off the desk!?!? :thud: He is one bold little dude, I'll say that for him. As for my boss, Amy asked to be picked up and held this morning. She never does that - in fact, she's gone out of her way to avoid it. She even tucked her head against my neck :) . She stayed there until I asked if she'd like to be combed; then she made a move toward the bed, and I gave her two hundred strokes - got a nice pile of fur for the effort.

The mouse thing is something I'm glad I don't have to deal with :lol: . I've had mice, and gerbils, and hamsters, and they make lovely pocket pets. I always stuck to females (they don't smell - not even in groups.) One time I bought two mice, and a week later I had fifteen! Both were pregnant, and I had to separate them because they were stealing pups from each other. One poor baby was in the middle of a tug-o-war between the moms! I kept them until the babies were weaned and then took them to the store. That was the last time I had those :lol:.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:35 pm

I didn't think he could be so jealous, but apparently, he is :lol: Nothing gets in his way, least of all a computer :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Chat”