Oh Hi! But also...Bye(-ish)

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Oh Hi! But also...Bye(-ish)

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 am

Why HELLO there! It's been a while (once again) since I posted here, but for some reason I keep coming back! I see lots has changed, but it still feels like a piece of "home". :)

I just wanted to let you all (whoever "all" is these days) know that starting...in TWO DAYS, I'm going to be going to Kenya (yes, that's in AFRICA! wahoo!) for six months to do medical missions work with a group of missoinaries who set up and staff several free clinics in various locations around Kenya. I'll be doing whatever medical stuff they will let me do (brain surgery!?) with my complete lack of a medical degree. (Though I am an EMT and have spent a good amount of time working in a hospital and an ER as a nurse's aid sort of person)

Also...I'm cutting off ALL my hair tomorrow. It's currently at my shoulders...but it's going to be about 1/4-1/2 inch long after tomorrow. :-D Pictures will be on my blog and facebook, the link is down farther-->

So I'm going to ignore the giant 10-inches of snow we're supposed to be getting a mere 12-20 hours before my flight leaves, and hope I will be in Kenya by this Thursday night!

If anyone is interested in hearing about my many adventures to come, I'll be keeping a blog at
[url]doctoryellie.blogspot.com[/url] (nice to see that I can still do that by hand :P ) So check it out periodically! I'm not sure what my internet connection will be like, but I'll be updating as often as I have time and internet for!
So happy reading if you wish, if not, it was nice to say hi to you and I'll see you...sometime in the future!

-Danielle
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Re: Oh Hi! But also...Bye(-ish)

Postby resoundingjoy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Yay lotr! Congratulations! I'll take a peek at your blog in a minute here. Have a safe journey over there!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

OH! How wonderful, Danielle :hug:! What an incredible experience is ahead of you - it just boggles my mind! I will definitely be following your adventure, sweetie!

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 pm

How awesome! What an adventure!
I look forward to reading your blog.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:10 pm

That's really awesome! When I read this I went to facebook to check out your photos, they're fantastic. Kenya looks so colorful!
Keep up the good work (and the pictures!) :D
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

Return to “General Chat”