The New Ivy Bush

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

The New Ivy Bush

Postby Padfoot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 am

Cheers!!
Image Image Image

A Hobbit stands with hands on hips surveying the low building, half built into the side of the hill on the Bywater Road, with it's welcoming round windows and doors. There, to the right of the door, is the large spiky eponymous ivy bush [Ivy bushes are not normally spikey - this is a GM Ivy Bush] itself, giving her some ideas about how any trouble-makers might be made to repent for any wrong- doing.
She sighs happily and walks up to the door, which is open (as always), and lets herself into the place. Inside, the well-worn wooden floors and green and brown decor create a very cosy atmosphere, but it is a little dim, so she wanders around lighting the many oil lamps in their brackets around the walls, and soon all the rooms are suffused with a golden glow that reveals a warren-like collection of snugs and open spaces, with a long bar that runs throughout. There are a wide variety of barstools, overstuffed green leather armchairs and comfy sofas. There is a public bar with games (pool, darts), a lounge with a small stage-like area, and a reading room lined with books... and tucked away at the back, a hot tub.
(new additions: dusty toy throne of BDM, Coffee machine of Doom, Picnic Equipment, Merry's beer garden, superb outdoor pool, Jar of Cab Money, Star Fleet Replicator, where you can get anything you want from Vulcan Spice Tea to Chocolate Cake, also new the fire-place with a kettle filled with either mulled wine or hot spiced cider)

"I think this will do just fine" she says to herself, slipping behind the bar to mix herself a quick Gin and Tonic (To those of you who are ignorant to alcohol, this is called a G&T!). "I might need to draw up some rules to make sure that everyone plays nice but unfortunately I can no longer continue my incessant obsessive onlining - fate has intervened and my time here is going to be much shorter than I'd like. So I can't run this place really - we'll all have to do it"

She sits herself down at a table and begins to write up "Bar Rules" list and takes the poster outside and pins it to the post of the Pub Sign, which is swinging in a light breeze on this gloriously azure- skied but chilly late September day. Standing back to admire her handiwork she smiles to herself, does a little happy dance, and then walks round the side of the Ivy Bush to check out the garden... which is going to need a little work.

Oh, and before you ask Yes - it does come in pints! Image
ImageAnd now also in 25 Oz Tankards! Image

* Bar Rules *
(which have been amended by Various Ivy-Bushers)

1. Be nice or suffer the spiking... or even... the salmon
2. This place is for EVERYONE! Don't be afraid if you don't know people posting in here, just come on in and get the beers down!
3. We've got some staff now, if you are not one of them, ask for a drink, if you are one of them, serve people! If there is no one about serving, get your own drink. (Wondering who the Staff is? They are...unknown at this time! )
4. The jukebox is set on random, but ABSOLUTELY no boy bands allowed. :(
5. No Thieves, Fakirs, Rogues or Tinkers. No skulking loafers or flea-bitten Tramps. :x
6. No slap an' tickle o' the Wenches. (We're joking with this one)(really we are, just be here between the hours of 3am [CST] and 8:30am [CST]) ;)
7. No banging o' tankards on the tables. :twisted:
8. No dogs allowed in the kitchen, no cockfighting, no catfighting either. :twisted:
9. Flintlocks, cudgels, daggers and swords, to be handed to the Innkeeper for safe-keeping.
10. Bed for the night 1 shilling. Stabling for the horse 4 pence.
11. Beware of the Three Sumos. You are NOT allowed to feed them :shock:
12. Don't hesitate to ask for your massages :mrgreen:
13. If you can spare some change, leave it in the Jar-of-Cab-Money, for those who are too drunk to drive home. :mrgreen:
14. Make yourselves at home and continue the drinking!
15. Do NOT throw darts over the hot tub, especially when it's occupied. :twisted:
16. When starting a new bar, please remember to use the quote button rather than to simply copy the first post. It keeps the tags and smilies there.
17. Upon drinking too much, please remember to flush. Not doing so is simply disgusting :oops: ;)

So, come settle down and enjoy the atmosphere, there's plenty of this: Imageand plenty of this: Image , so what more could you want! (oh yeah, GB/CB :lol:)

GB/CB for number 1! And not forgetting the easily forgettable Misfit Doll :P

We need the Salmon smilie back!!

Now the tables are polished, the stocks are filled with everything needed and wanted... so enjoy! :D :D
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Re: The New Ivy Bush

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Hello Ivy! You're looking a little empty so I thought I'd stop by and keep you company. Hopefully you'll be nice and bustle-y soon enough. :)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 am

A human looking woman enters the inn, looks around and frowns. Her long brown hair is tied back into a single braid, the end of which bounces against the small of her back with every step. Her clothes are plain (pants, shirt, vest, cloak in faded greens, grays and browns) and a bit dusty, but otherwise neat. (no rif-raf, this one) "Hallo? I expected such a fine establishment to be rather bustl-y." she shruggs. "If I could please have a green apple winecooler?" she places a coin on the counter "And if you be in need of staff, I have some experience and am a hard worker."(I'm practicly a perminate fixture in the Lucky Fortune Inn over at TORC)
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 am

*comes in and gets herself her early-morning-tea*
Well, I hope the place will get more crowded when people move over here. Come time, come guests :lol:

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Postby resoundingjoy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:28 pm

*wanders in with an armful of books*

Oh, you serve tea here too?

*settles in by the fireplace with her pile of books and a big cup of chai*

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Yes, we serve tea, too... We serve anything you want! :lol: I can't do without my tea in the morning (in the afternoon, it's coffee). :lol:

*peeks at the pile of books* What are you reading?

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Ooh, books! Are they old? and if they are, can I just smell them? :D
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm

*trips over pile while getting a re-fill*

Well, I'm finishing up an assignment on young adult fiction (you can see part of the project here: http://borrowedbooks.wordpress.com) so I have some of everything: Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, Austen, L'Engle, Nick Hornby, etc etc.

lotr, have you read this? http://www.miller-mccune.com/science-en ... nts-10399/

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I hadn't...thats pretty cool!
It's unfortunate though that the smell means the paper's degrading...it's one of my absolute favorite smells in the world. It's like a warm, comfy hug for your nose.

I also LOVE the smell of agar- the stuff that you grow bacteria on in pitri dishes. in microbio lab, I used to stick my head in the incubator and just breathe it in, it is delicious! :P

Chaser
N00b

Postby Chaser » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 pm

I love the smell of a new bar

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Does that mean the bar's decaying?? :P

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 am

No, I think he likes the smell of the new Ivy. Beer, Coffee, Tea, Food.... :lol:

Speaking of which... it's about time for my morning tea... Image before I start working. No tea, no clear thinking :lol:

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Paddy, that doesn't look much like tea. Unless you've taken to drinking tea from mugs? :P

I think I have a decreased sense of smell...my roomate always says she can smell the coffee in the morning when I make it, but I can never smell it unless i stick my nose in my cup. how sad!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 pm

*A woman, whose girth & height combine to create a globish appearance, rolls in. Her Hal the Fifth hair is dark blond with hints of copper, and her grey eyes give the room a furtive look around. She hikes - or rather attempts to hike - her generous bottom upon one of the tall stools at the bar and on the third try, she ascends.*

"Barkeep! I'd like a large Coke, and a mac' n cheese with a brace of deep fried twinkies please!"

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 pm

*pokes head out from behind pile of books*

The tea... it comes in mugs?

Return to “General Chat”