Mental Health & Some Helps

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Mental Health & Some Helps

Postby shireling » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Well, I'm feeling much better now that I've stopped going to the gym.

No more big plate glass windows to worry about, but I am going to have to exercise somehow. So, I guess off to the mall with the Honey, and do the best I can. I know people have shot up malls, too, and there've been cars that drove into buildings, but there's something about that glass and the track, like I'm about to walk into it, that is just impossible for me to deal with. I'd never felt like that before, never even thought of it - now I can't stop.

I'm so tired of talking about it. Talking does not help, it's never helped me - I was hoping that they'd hear how much this scares me and see me sooner, putting me on something for anxiety. But that hasn't happened, and once they start with the suicide/homicide BS, I'm done with them. That is not me, I am neither one of those. I haven't cancelled the appointment yet because of the long holiday weekend, and today I had to catch up on all of the things that got put on hold for the 4th, like medication refills, groceries, and library pick-ups, besides visiting Phil this afternoon. Tomorrow morning, I'll call...

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:26 pm

About Nice...

I've had stuff happen where I saw things. Like the one time, years ago, when I was watching #41 (President H.W. Bush) standing behind a podium and giving a press conference just before he flew to Japan. And as I was looking at him, he collapsed - just folded. And I thought, oh no - he died. Now, he was perfectly fine at the time, he was still standing there, talking; I called Duane into the room, I told him what I saw, and neither one of us remember what we said about it after. Well, the President gets to Japan; they have this state dinner, and Mr. Bush throws up and faints. Just a bit of flu and it was soon over, only a touch of wounded dignity, nothing worse than that.

That's been the biggest one I'd ever had. I've had little stuff - usually good things, where I've dreamt about changing a very poopy diaper or had a palm that would not stop itching, and a few days later, I'd get money. But, this thing with the cars coming at me...and then Nice happens. Nothing told me that it was real, that it was going to happen, where it would happen... :cry: . God, I wish I knew. I wish it made sense, and I could have known what to do. It's crazy I know - who would listen? And what could I say? Writing this out is just nuts, but I want so much for this to stop. stop. :cry: Poor France, poor people. Babies, and all. :cry: Everybody I told said that the odds of that happening were astronomical - winning the lottery, being struck by lightning - and it didn't happen to me. But it did happen, and I never saw that before. Then I couldn't stop seeing it. So much suffering, so much, so much, and for no reason. I don't care what the excuses are - these bastards; they are only excuses they give, and quite frankly, inexcusable. My heart is just breaking; I want to gather up the whole world, enfold it in my arms, and run away with it to somewhere safe, to the farthest ends of the universe, where nobody bad can hurt it anymore :cry: ...

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:03 pm

hookandthedaggersxvx: yeah ur excited for winter now but wait until that seasonal depression hit

sixalien: I’m depressed all seasons. Just let me be sad in a sweater.

*...I am so done with summer...*

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:27 pm

I put this in here because I'm having a hard time with the anti-vaxxers.

Unless you've watched a baby struggle to breathe due to whooping cough, sat with parents in the dark while their toddler screamed, his hands tied to keep him from scratching his measles, and when it comes to diphtheria - I don't even want to go there - you haven't a clue and you're wrong for not immunizing your kid.

This past Monday, my husband and I went to Children's Hospital to pick up my new glasses (our doctor does all ages), and as we left the parking garage I saw two anti-vaccine bumper stickers on a van in a handicapped parking space, one of them exclaiming the disproven notion that vaccines cause autism.

My 27-year-old autistic son did not get this from being vaccinated - disagree and yell all you want - it doesn't alter the fact that we just don't know why he turned out as he did. I don't want to call you crazy (and selfish, and immoral, and stupid, etc.) I know you love your children. But if you only talk to others who think like you, read what you read, and hear what you want to, then you won't know the other side of the coin. You don't know how many children died, why people had such large families - look at Lincoln. All of his three younger sons died before adulthood, in the age before antibiotics and vaccines. You don't think he and Mary Todd wouldn't have jumped at the chance to keep their boys? Mike's all I've got; it never occurred to me not to immunize him, especially after watching those little ones suffer when I was a student nurse.

Anyway, as somebody who has friends who survived polio, stints in iron lungs and who still wear braces and use canes, I was struck by the following:

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod ... olio-again

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Oh, come'on! Can I have this? please? :lmao: *wiping away giggly tears* God bless you, Joseph Merrick!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

How to Enjoy Thanksgiving Day this Year...

Eat out. We are. :D

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Same here ;)
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 am

The only thing wrong with that is no leftovers :lol: . But yesterday I stopped at the deli and was able to pick up a roasted turkey breast, all broken down in a box to bring home for sandwiches :D .

We went to Bob Evan's - down on the farm - and it was really good. They had a choice of three entrees (turkey w/gravy, dressing and cranberry sauce; ham; or a dish of pork, mushrooms, onions and carrots.) Then there were six sides and you could pick three of those; seven different breads - from biscuits and dinner rolls, to quick breads - and either pumpkin pie OR Pumpkin Pie Supreme (it had a cheesecake layer on top of the pumpkin. Man, that was good!)

They don't do sweet potato dishes here, like where I'm from, but there was mac 'n cheese (which I ordered but didn't get :lol: - got mashed potatoes and gravy instead. I just ate it, because you could see how busy they were already - at 11 AM.) They were also serving a limited breakfast menu when we got there, and that complicated things for the servers. Anyway, it was nice to come home to my downstairs neighbor cooking her turkey, and that incredible smell filling every corner of our place :) .

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:21 am

normanbates:

as a mentally ill, if you haven’t taken your shower you’re not gonna wanna do anything else. do that first. this sounds like baby advice but fuckin’ do that first

i understand that this is suspicious advice coming from norman bates but do it

(via flange5)

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:39 pm

1) If you don't know what to say, don't talk.

2) If you've got ears, listen.

3) Never underestimate the power of #1 & #2.

- based on Rabbi Harold S. Kushner's book
When Bad Things Happen to Good People

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:57 pm

htmlbyjoe:

dorites:

Just found out neanderthal passed on the DNA for depression and now we know why they stayed in caves and painted horses all fuckin day

Reblog if you’re a depressed neanderthal who stays in their cave and paints horses all fuckin day

(via aphilologicalbatman)

Tags: q

...my horses all look like cows...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 am

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:32 pm

It does! :lol:
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 pm

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Return to “General Chat”