Re: Mental Health & Some Helps

Postby Padfoot » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm

I actually like this advice. Could be a motto! :D
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm

A plot twist. That's what today was like. From 6:20 AM until 20 minutes ago. My kitchen sink backed up and then that backed up into dishwasher, which flooded my floor. It was filthy brown water, and I couldn't get a soul to come until 11 o'clock. I fell down the stairs, and couldn't get up - thank God a neighbor heard me and got me turned round so that I didn't tumble head over heels. Right now, my dishwasher's running to clear out the gunk and my rugs are drying on the porch. The maintenance guy said it was okay; it's a rule you don't dry stuff on the porch.

I moved Amy's food and water into the bedroom, and that helped. We ate out for breakfast (just some McDonald's) and ordered pizza. I cried because I didn't have enough money to give him a proper tip - I'm still weepish. There's a cloud of profanity circling my ceiling; I'm not very imaginative. When I get angry, I fall back on the popular multi-syllable ones. And then I feel guilty for doing it at all, no matter how justified I feel. The plumber says it's from upstairs, but I don't care. I just am glad it's done. But the next time there's a plot twist, I want to be consulted first.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 pm

I hope the next plot twist is for the better! Consider yourself hugged from overseas! :hug: :hug:

If it came from upstairs, does that mean the plumber will have a look at the upstairs flat(s), too? What does the maintenance say about it?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Well, it's confusing. The city drain & sewer man says it's from the hydrants - which doesn't make sense, because this was sewage in my appliance and sink. I don't think that's what's used to put out fires - just sayin' . The maintenance guy tends to go with that; now the plumber says it's from upstairs, but I don't see how. They all agree that we didn't do this, and the condo association will pay for all the work we had done yesterday, which is great. They just don't know where it all came from.

Btw, you hugs are much appreciated :hug: :hug: :) .

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:15 pm

ONE good thing: you won't have to pay.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Yeah! Especially since we got a bill about as big as the one for the car today :lol: .

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Right now, I'd have to say that we're both fighting depression. Mine is due to The Situation, which is well-known to one and all, :roll: but the Honey of mine's seems to be chemical.

His medication isn't working like it was. In the middle of September, he told the GP at his last visit about how he felt (like his soul was dead, and that he was falling into blackness), and then the Nurse Practitioner the following week. As scary as that was to hear him say that, what was so great was the reaction of both professionals. They didn't panic, they didn't call for the guys in the white coats, they just listened and we all talked about what might help at this point. The family doctor thought a boost in the Paxil might help, but only asked that he be kept informed of what was decided at Good Sam's.

There, the N.P. increased the Paxil from 20 to 40 mg, and put him on Wellbutrin 150 mg SR. It's been a little more than two weeks, so there's been no real change yet. He looks so sad. This morning I suggested maybe having lunch at the Mexican restaurant he loves (hadn't been there since March), and that perked him up a little. I need to schedule an appointment for at Good Sam's by the end of the week (she wanted to see him in a month.)

As for me, I just go online and find comfort in the various outrage sites :lol: .

Return to “General Chat”