Meet the New Comic Book Superhero

"Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy" - come here to discuss your favorite books about things that never happened.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Meet the New Comic Book Superhero

Postby shireling » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:58 pm

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Re: Meet the New Comic Book Superhero

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Interesting.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I read about it in the Metro, a daily free paper. I just hope it doesn't go all politically correct. That's annoying.

However, at first glance it reminds me a bit of Dr. Xavier of the X Men, and I like the idea of this kid being able to control metal with his mind like Magneto. It's a great idea, and I hope it takes off. Who knows? They might make a movie of it one day. Can you imagine a crossover with X Men? I can see this lad going to Dr. Xavier's school...
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm

That would be sweet :).

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

-O-
Site Admin

Postby -O- » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 am

Candy Kane wrote:I read about it in the Metro, a daily free paper. I just hope it doesn't go all politically correct. That's annoying.

Snyder says he was inspired by President Barack Obama's effort to reach out to the Muslim world in his January 2009 inaugural address.

Fail!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 am

Candy Kane wrote:I read about it in the Metro, a daily free paper. I just hope it doesn't go all politically correct. That's annoying...

I'm with you. Being disabled myself, as well as being the member of a religious minority, I want to see how he uses his powers within the scope of his beliefs. Having read the Quran and been a student of Islam for the past 36 years, I'm anxious to see how this is written.

Return to “Fantasy”