Marvel Heros vs. DC Heros

"Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy" - come here to discuss your favorite books about things that never happened.

Marvel Heros vs. DC Heros

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:15 pm

For lack of a sure place to put this, I'll just stick it here. :D

My oppinion on the matter is that DC heros tend to be too "perfect".

I'll even pick on my favororite DC hero here for a minute, "Superman". A sweet, sensitive man with superhuman powers, who's only weekness is a rare mineral rock. Come on!

Marvel heros on the other hand seem more "human". they have human weeknesses, human problems, in addition to their "superhuman" problems i.e. villans. They just seem more real to me. More like they actually could exist.
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Re: Marvel Heros vs. DC Heros

Postby Shuggy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 am

Batman. He's a mess, really if you think about it. But DC heroes tend more to psychological problems, I think.

Superman is actually a pretty bland, boring character if you're not a pre-teen boy!
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

Re: Marvel Heros vs. DC Heros

Postby ashbow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Wow!, this was an issue back in the 70's, and I figured by now they would have reached a happy medium.

I read mostly Marvel as a teen, and though I really liked the fact that it seemed to be aimed at the teen market ...I did not like waiting a month for a new issue, and then read about the character brooding over his personal issues for half the book.

Return to “Fantasy”