A Memory of Light

"Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy" - come here to discuss your favorite books about things that never happened.
-O-
Site Admin

A Memory of Light

Postby -O- » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm

A Memory of Light, the end of the 14 book series The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, and finished by Brandon Sanderson was released today. Ive been waiting for over a year for this series to end. I downloaded the first part of the audiobook from Audible this morning so i could start listening on my way work. I have actually read and listened to the first 11 books, but ive only listened to the last 3 that Sanderson has written. I plan on obtaining them to complete the set, and reading them in the near future.

I have to say im excited for the last battle to come, but also saddened that this great and wonderful series is coming to an end. I will savor every last word of AMoL.

anyone else been interested in the series?

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Re: A Memory of Light

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 am

I've wanted to read them, but I never could figure out the first one (and by that, I mean chronologically. I HATE bouncing around in story arcs!) to start with, and I'm leery of series that go on forever (I started Terry Goodkind's fantasy series and wound up only reading the first three books for various reasons, length of the series being the minor-est of them, but still).
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

-O-
Site Admin

Postby -O- » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

he only did the one prequel and i dont think reading it is really needed. id just start with Eye of the World and go from there. but this is the final book, i rememeber the first time i read Eye of the World it seemed to be a bit boring and the first 2 or maybe 3 chapters are, but after that its just hard to stop reading, and i never did. i cant express what a great job sanderson has done with what was supose to be the final book that ended up having to be turned into 3. he is an excelent author and i highly recomend his mistborn series.

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 am

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a look!
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

Return to “Fantasy”