Ender's Game

This is your place to discuss books that make the improbable seem possible.
ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Ender's Game

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 am

I've only read it the once, and have yet to read any of the sequels of companion series', but I was completely blown away by this book. I was going along really enjoying the quality of writing and how engaging it was, and then got near the end and was pleased with the ending but not very surprised, and then the actual end completely blindsided me with awesomeness. Overall very good, ending made of distilled awesome.

Anyone else read it and/or have recommendations regarding the sequels?
You've got to change the world,
and use this chance to be heard.
But dancing is fine too :P

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Re: Ender's Game

Postby Arwen#1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:59 pm

I've read all of them except the two new ones: Ender in Exile and First Meetings in the Enderverse (the latter one is a collection of short stories adding onto the books) and I would reccommend them all. Honestly I read the whole Ender series first and then the Bean Series (the companion series) and I enjoyed the Bean series more. I think Orson got more in depth with Bean and how he is and why he is the way he is. He gave Bean more of a background than Ender.
Either way, I personally have read both series twice and highly reccommend them.
"We're all a little crazy, just some of us are better at hiding it."

-O-
Site Admin

Postby -O- » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Im currently reading Xenocide, i thought the first book was awesome, but i lost a bit of interest with speaker and xenocide so far.

Im about halfway through listening to the bean series on audiobook, im really liking it even more than the original ender story.

-O-
Site Admin

Postby -O- » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I finished Enders Shadow on audiobook and im currently listening to Shadow of the Hedgemon, the Bean stories just have something in them that i liked so much with the original enders game. im still reading Xenocide on the kindle.

Return to “Sci-Fi”