Darth Vader and Son

This is your place to discuss books that make the improbable seem possible.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Darth Vader and Son

Postby shireling » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 pm

I just heard about this :lol: . It sounds hilarious! I'm going to get it for my eldest nephew - the one who was finally old enough to to take to see The Empire Strikes Back at the movies, and that I bought the Tauntaun with the slit tummy for. He's got two kids of his own now.

This is from Amazon:

What if Darth Vader took an active role in raising his son? What if "Luke, I am your father" was just a stern admonishment from an annoyed dad? In this hilarious and sweet comic re-imagining, Darth Vader is a dad like any other—except with all the baggage of being the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Celebrated artist Jeffrey Brown's delightful illustrations give classic Star Wars® moments a fresh twist, presenting the trials and joys of parenting through the lens of a galaxy far, far away. Life lessons include lightsaber batting practice, using the Force to raid the cookie jar, Take Your Child to Work Day on the Death Star ("Er, he looks just like you, Lord Vader!"), and the special bond shared between any father and son.

http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/145210655X

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Re: Darth Vader and Son

Postby Padfoot » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm rolling on the floor !!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Luke, come with me!"
"Why?"
"Because it's the only way."
"Because why?"

This is soooo cute!
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr