More confirmed castings for The Hobbit...

From well known to obscure, talk about any Fantasy movies here
Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

More confirmed castings for The Hobbit...

Postby Withywindle » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:32 am

A few on the list are no surprise due to the actors concerned leaking like sieves about it: Sylvester McCoy as Radagast for example. Cate is back as Galadriel. Thought she was ok in Rings. She must be in for White Council scenes. Very pleased that Ken Stott (scottish tv actor - bit of a grumpy bastard but excellent) is playing Balin. See Empire link below.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29668
Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune / Something to make us all happy / Do anything to take us out of this gloom / Sing a song, play guitar / Make it snappy ...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: More confirmed castings for The Hobbit...

Postby shireling » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

:yay: thanks withy.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:16 pm

While Lord of the Rings veteran Galadriel doesn’t actually crop up in the original book of The Hobbit...

So, are we supposed to be surprised that stuff not in The Hobbit is going to be in JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit by Peter Jackson? :roll:

I wonder if Galadriel is (was) still on the 'ludes. :8

That McCoy guy looks ok for the part. :)
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:55 pm

TomCotton wrote:
While Lord of the Rings veteran Galadriel doesn’t actually crop up in the original book of The Hobbit...

But she was one of the White Council, like Withy said, so it works for me.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Any chance of Tom Bombadil and Goldberry making it into the movie this time

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:29 pm

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:47 pm

My joon is coming back as Frodo...in The Hobbit....and I'm trying to figure out how.

Sixty years after Bilbo finds the Ring - in the movie - Mr. Baggins is 111 years old. So, he was 50 the day he took off with the dwarves. In the book, Frodo was 12 when Mom & Dad drowned in the Brandywine, 21 when Bilbo brought him from Buckland to BagEnd, and 33 at the 111st Birthday Party.

I'm thrilled, of course - I mean, the Fro is my heart of all literary characters and Elijah's a peach playing him, of course I want to see him again - but I don't think I have any right to be happy if it's not going to make sense...kapish? Anybody?

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm much looking forward to see Beorn. Mikael Persbrandt is such a fine actor!! I think he'll really pull it off.
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Shireling- I think that Frodo is going to narrate The Hobbit as if he is reading it from Bilbo's book.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:43 pm

That makes sense, but to be honest I'd prefer it if Jackson made more of an effort to be true to the books. He changed far too much in the LOTR trilogy, and although it all worked as a set of movies, book-lovers were a bit put out.
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:22 pm

MsBrandybuck wrote:Shireling- I think that Frodo is going to narrate The Hobbit as if he is reading it from Bilbo's book.

When we first see Frodo, he's reading under a tree so that seems likely.

Candy Kane wrote:That makes sense, but to be honest I'd prefer it if Jackson made more of an effort to be true to the books. He changed far too much in the LOTR trilogy, and although it all worked as a set of movies, book-lovers were a bit put out.

I listened to PJ's commentaries and I understand why some things were changed - like no Bilbo at the Council of Elrond and the dropping of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry & Glorfindel from the roster. The films were very long as it was, and there are enough people who had never read the Book - like my husband - who needed things streamlined, simple from a 'follow' point of view. Then again, Jackson put in some things that I wish were in the Book - like Aragorn, telling Frodo that he would have gone with him into the very heart of Mordor, and Frodo waking up to find Gandalf alive. I was pleased to see that most people weren't put out by Frodo's age (even now, Elijah turned 30 last month and it'll be another 20 years before he's the same age as the character).

*sigh* Those were good times, very good times...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Does anybody remember the casting of Primula and Drogo Baggins? Have they been dropped altogether, or are they somehow being shoe-horned into Buttered Toast*?

*Buttered Toast is what resoundingjoy and I have affectionately dubbed the third film...

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Haven't seen anything about the casting of Primula and Drogo Baggins.

I am still wondering who will be cast as the teen angst vampire zombie biker rebel leader drug dealer that farts and belches to make a point. :roll:
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:13 pm

TomCotton wrote:Haven't seen anything about the casting of Primula and Drogo Baggins.

I am still wondering who will be cast as the teen angst vampire zombie biker rebel leader drug dealer that farts and belches to make a point. :roll:

*grabs The Hobbit and frantically flips pages* Sheesh, really! How in the hell did I miss him? :lol:

Return to “Fantasy Movies”