The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 1st Trailer

From well known to obscure, talk about any Fantasy movies here
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 1st Trailer

Postby shireling » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 am

Padfoot wrote: :lol: :lol:

You laugh, but it's way worse. I had them on VHS as well as disc, so my local book lenders got six from me. All I have now are the Extended DVDs and I've made space for The Hobbit for whenever they get around to making those.

Still - they look so good, An Unexpected Journey, sitting there in their little display cubby, all snuggly in their sexy anti-theft vests... :slowblush:

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 am

:lol: I forgot the good old VHS... I still have FOTR on VHS, sitting on its shelf. :lol:
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:09 pm

No kiddin'? Do you still have a VCR? We still use both of ours, one to tape from the bedroom and watch in the living room, one for every day of the week, so that they wear evenly - sort of. We still have one working re-winder, too. I'm dreading the day this stuff begins to break down.

They just quit making them. I don't remember anybody saying anything, you just couldn't find them anymore. The last VHS tape we bought was "The Phantom Menace", and by the time "The Revenge of the Sith" came out, DVDs was all there was.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:03 am

Yes, I still have a VCR, and it still works, after almost 20 years... :D :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Padfoot wrote:Yes, I still have a VCR, and it still works, after almost 20 years... :D :lol:

Ours are a Sansu and a Sanyo (the DVD part is broken on that one, though.) The rewinder is a Kinyo. Nobody could ever accuse us of having the latest in electronics at my place :).

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 am

That's why I don't like combined devices. :lol: :lol: My good old VCR is a Siemens. :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Best just to sit back and wait patiently for the extras packed Extended Edition, due out later this year.

Now, that was very nice to know :) ! A pleasure as always from you, Paddy!

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 am

That means, as soon as the Extended edition is out, my niece will inherit another theatrical edition from me... :lol: :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 am

She's a lucky girl :) .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 am

Watched the Hobbit yesterday! And :yay: I liked it much more than the 3D version! Even the goblin king looked better to me (though I still don't like him being used as a comic relief). :lol: And the original is so much better than the dubbed version...

Something bothered me, though... If I'm not completely wrong (or missed anything), neither Sting nor Glamdring nor Orcrist glowed blue when the Orcs attacked the Dwarves in the woods after they escaped the Goblins. :slowblush:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Padfoot wrote:Watched the Hobbit yesterday! And :yay: I liked it much more than the 3D version! Even the goblin king looked better to me (though I still don't like him being used as a comic relief). :lol: And the original is so much better than the dubbed version...

There's something to be said for having English as a first language :D - not much, but something.

Something bothered me, though... If I'm not completely wrong (or missed anything), neither Sting nor Glamdring nor Orcrist glowed blue when the Orcs attacked the Dwarves in the woods after they escaped the Goblins. :slowblush:

Were the big guys supposed to glow too, not just the letter opener? Rats! I never noticed :/ ... Sting has to. It's in the job description. Must look that all up.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 am

Were the big guys supposed to glow too, not just the letter opener? Rats! I never noticed :/ ...

Hmmm.. I have to look that up again. I supppose they were, all of them were forged by the High Elves. I have to watch again, but as far as I remember, in the cave (before the Goblin attack), Sting glowed, and Orcrist glowed in its sheath as well. I think that made me wonder why it didn't glow in the woods.

Someone at TORn said they did glow, but due to the blue-ish moonlight it was hardly visible (especially the big guys), because the blue light was competing the glow. I'll have to re-watch. :D

Lea liked the Hobbit, too. Though I suspect the main reason she liked it were the three hours she got to spend on my lap... :D :lmao:

Return to “Fantasy Movies”