The Hobbit and the perils of 48 frames per second...

From well known to obscure, talk about any Fantasy movies here
Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

The Hobbit and the perils of 48 frames per second...

Postby Withywindle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:10 am

From the Beeb website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17836380

Looks like its great for outdoors scenery and sweeping panoramas - not so good for close-ups and studio work.
Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune / Something to make us all happy / Do anything to take us out of this gloom / Sing a song, play guitar / Make it snappy ...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Hobbit and the perils of 48 frames per second...

Postby shireling » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 am

You beat me to it, Withy! I wish I could see this for myself, though. Isn't the trailer at 48 per second?

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 pm

I don't know about that Shireling - but the trailer WAS great!
I am starting to have Hobbity thoughts invade my daily consciousness which has caused me to search out things for sale, such as Weta's replica of Sting - though at $7000 it's a bit too pricey for me. However, I did see some T-shirts that were lovely and more in reach of my wallet at $19.99 each.

We need to see another video blog from PJ! And another trailer! December is fast approaching!!!
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 05, 2012 8:02 pm

The trailer is amazing!

I blush to tell you that I have a replica of Sting I got at Flower Factory for 19.99 about 8 years ago. It came in a box marked "Dagger of the Millenium" and came complete with the halberd. Now, it has flaws - the elvish lettering isn't etched as deeply as it should be in places, the design on the hilt is a little smudged and the pommel is scratched - but I have it in the halberd (can't find anything wrong with it) and have it hanging by a leather lace on a nail in the wall next to my bed.

The blade is 22inches, stainless-steel and honed (it comes with a thingy you can put over the point outside the sheath). I could hurt somebody with it, but I'm much more likely to drop it on my foot. I don't think Weta made it (or it could be real and just failed it's quality check.) Anyway, I love it!!!!!

I want it in my coffin with me, since I can't have a Viking funeral :D.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Fantasy Movies”