Batman 3 - Villain?

Enter here to discuss anything from Aliens to....some Sci-Fi movie beginning with "z"
Shuggy
Wyvern
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Batman 3 - Villain?

Postby Shuggy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 am

I'll put this in here now, until we thrash out whether or not we're going to have a seperate 'Comics' forum...

So, Batman 3; it seems at the moment - even in the press - that it's a given that the next Batman villain will be The Riddler, but I haven't seen or heard of official confirmation of this anywhere. Has anyone?

You see, traditionally I find The Riddler a bit redundant - he's just another version of the Joker, but with a slightly different gimmick. He'd need to be done radically differently for me - especially given that he's following The Joker in 'The Dark Knight'.
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

Keith
House Elf

Re: Batman 3 - Villain?

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 am

Yeah, I agree that it seems a bit similar to the Joker. Perhaps they plan to make him more cerebral and less brutal compared to the Joker (i.e. more mind games rather than sick violent stunts)?

Shuggy
Wyvern
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Re: Batman 3 - Villain?

Postby Shuggy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:00 pm

I suppose they could; I'm looking at this from the POV as a Batman comics fan too, and I've seen just about every possible incarnation of the Joker. There's no way they could do a Riddler who wasn't very similar to a version of the Joker - the only difference between him and the Riddler really is that Edward is less psychotic and is compelled to leave cheesy little clues to his crimes; but even the Joker has adopted that modus operandi in the past.

A lot of Internet Commentators are suggesting a 'Zodiac' type of Riddler, similar to what you suggest - dangerous and cerebral without the costumed criminal theatrics. Could be interesting.
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

Return to “Sci-Fi Movies”