Re: The Vikings

Postby Padfoot » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:34 am

I hate to admit it, but although I liked it, I fell asleep. :paperbag:
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 pm

It's okay :lol: . I'd never see anything to the end without the DVR; I watch everything recorded. I'm glad you like it. I tried Game of Thrones when we had HBO, and I just didn't like those people :paperbag: I'm funny like that I guess - I've got to care about the characters. Once they killed off Sean Bean, I thought 'meh'.

But these folks are like my family - particularly my father's side, if they ever lived with goats and raised their girls to be shield maidens that is. I even have a cousin who reminds me of Floki :D .

Athelstan is my favorite. It'll be a while before he shows up. This is when we first meet him:

And, this is later:

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:17 am

I tried Game of Thrones when we had HBO, and I just didn't like those people :paperbag: I'm funny like that I guess - I've got to care about the characters. Once they killed off Sean Bean, I thought 'meh'.

Well, I tried to read Game of Thrones, but I gave up halfway through the first book. I couldn't "warm up" to the characters, and I have to admit I had a major problem with most of them beeing barely teenagers and children. :/

Friday will bring the next 3 episodes of the Vikings :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Padfoot wrote:Well, I tried to read Game of Thrones, but I gave up halfway through the first book. I couldn't "warm up" to the characters, and I have to admit I had a major problem with most of them beeing barely teenagers and children. :/

Oh! Okay. The most that I know (post-HBO) is from tumblr and it looked like most of the actors are really young. Then Sean Bean was the only grown-up in this - until he died...again. Why does he always die? Sharpe was the only period thing he didn't die in - or did I miss something? Btw, his series - Legends - begins August 13th on TNT. He's an FBI agent adept at assuming false identities - until a mysterious encounter forces him to question his own (identity). - TV GUIDE For once, it's not a premium channel :D !

Friday will bring the next 3 episodes of the Vikings :D

Tomorrow is the Season 2 finale :( - where on earth does the time go?

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Ohhhhhhh, that was good!!!!!! I am so in love with this show, but I don't want to spoil anything any more than I already have. Now there's no new season until 2015 :( .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon May 12, 2014 11:42 am

The end of Season 1 wasn't bad either. Will Rollo really fight against his brother?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Do you really want to know? 'Cause I'll tell you! I miss this show so much already, and I have nobody to discuss it with! I am checking out this book as soon as I can get to the library:

Btw, there was a medievalist congress up in Michigan this past weekend, and the founder of this tumblr site was one of the speakers. It begins with the great god of thunder cuddling a lime-green gummi bear :D .

http://fuckyeahrichardiii.tumblr.com/archive
Tag: THOR LIVEBLOGS KALAMAZOO

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 am

Yes, I'd like to know! :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Okay. I'll private message you :) .

It's brief, but I didn't know how much I should tell you :lol: .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 am

ok, I'll wait for your message. :D

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri May 16, 2014 11:15 am

I'm so sorry! I thought I'd sent it, and I guess what I must have done was just preview it and nothing else :/ . This time it went - I made sure I got a notice in my outbox :) .

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Fri May 16, 2014 8:17 pm

You know what I found out about this show? My niece works for the prop company that is creating this show's props.
She posted a picture on Facebook of a shield that she designed and built/painted. I will have to find it again and post it here.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 17, 2014 2:22 am

Oh, that'll be sweet! :D

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Sun May 18, 2014 1:23 am

As promised:

"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun May 18, 2014 1:09 pm

It's Lagertha's!!!!! *fangirl squealing can be heard all up and down the street; gently strokes computer screen over the pretty* Thank you so much Ms B :) . What a lucky lady your niece is to do this for a living - and get paid for it for it, too!

The only other shieldmaiden I esteem as much is Eowyn :D .

Return to “Fantasy”