Fringe

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Re: Fringe

Postby TomCotton » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Started on Season 2. I watch too many zombie movies and TV shows. When the first shape changer was being shot at I kept yelling "Shoot him in the head!" 'cause I figure if it woiks for zombies it otter work for other-dimensional shape-changing invaders. :yes: :D

Looks like Peter is in for a surprise about where and when he came from. Lots of little hints from Walter.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Ah, the second season, I remember it well :) . This is where and when I really got hooked on this show.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:43 pm

I am streaming the show, so no ads to ignore. Something I have noticed is the reduced length of the actual show. During season 1 the length was around 51 minutes for each show, give or take a few seconds. That allowed for around 9 minutes of ads during the hour time slot when it was offered on the network. In season 2 the length is around 43 minutes per show, allowing for 17 minutes of ads during the hour time slot when offered on the network. That is a trend that seems to be taking over.

Even PBS has started reducing the actual minutes of a show. A 1 hour program on PBS used to be around 56 minutes long, now it is around 50 minutes long. The 1/2 hour shows are around 24 minutes long.
Last edited by TomCotton on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:28 pm

I hadn't noticed that, but now that you mention it, there are a lot more commercials to FF through than I remember :) .

We still use video tapes - seven of them marked Sunday through Saturday - and they get filled in on the one machine, rewound on our lone rewinder and we watch them on the other to cut down on wear and tear :lol: . I dread the day when any one of the three of them break down.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Season 3.

Fauxlivia visits Newton in prison, gives him a chip which he swallows and melts down, but no one makes any comments about it. No one notices that Fauxlivia was the last person to visit him? It is a high security prison.

Why didn't Colonel Broyles remember the locator chip in him before he took Olivia to Walternate's lab in the other Harvard? Kind of difficult to forget something like that inside you, especially if you are a big time security operative like him.

No mention of removing the data disc from the shapechanger when they captured Fauxlivia. Betcha there is a bunch of very helpful information stored in that thang.

Inquiring minds want to know. :2confused:
Audere est Facere

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Into season 4 now. Some interesting stuff going on.
I was in the store today and had an urge to get some strawberry Twizzlers, so I did. :help:
Audere est Facere

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

TomCotton wrote:Season 3.

Fauxlivia visits Newton in prison, gives him a chip which he swallows and melts down, but no one makes any comments about it. No one notices that Fauxlivia was the last person to visit him? It is a high security prison.

Why didn't Colonel Broyles remember the locator chip in him before he took Olivia to Walternate's lab in the other Harvard? Kind of difficult to forget something like that inside you, especially if you are a big time security operative like him.

No mention of removing the data disc from the shapechanger when they captured Fauxlivia. Betcha there is a bunch of very helpful information stored in that thang.

Inquiring minds want to know. :2confused:

I've forgotten all that, but it does come round eventually. Not that you'll be satisfied with the explanation (when it doesn't make sense, I just tend to get more deeply into the characters' development.)

Into season 4 now. Some interesting stuff going on.
I was in the store today and had an urge to get some strawberry Twizzlers, so I did. :help:

:lol: I was just debating whether or not to buy the pack I saw at the grocer's.

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:15 pm

So the series ends next week with a two hour finale. It has been fun. :bday: :cheers:
Audere est Facere

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 pm

We're looking forward to the end of the series over here...

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm

So, I think Peter looked at the contents of that letter from Walter then remembered everything that happened in both universes and timelines, despite time having been reset due to Walter and Michael.
Audere est Facere

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am

:paperbag: The finale's on tape and we still haven't seen it...

Return to “Sci-Fi”