Fringe

Vairë
Crimebuster

Fringe

Postby Vairë » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Really been enjoying this show too. John Noble (aka Denethor) is fantastic in this and makes the show, as far as I'm concerned. I believe this has been on hiatus but new episodes are starting up in April, unless I'm mixing it up with Supernatural. :oops: Also has been picked up for a third season.
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Fringe

Postby shireling » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:38 pm

I love it too. Walter's so lovably quirky...but then I don't have to deal with him either. I want a tee-shirt with the ten things I've learned from him, like "You've been kidnapped - of course you need crepes!"

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:20 pm

:lol: Shireling! What an awesome idea! Is there such a tee-shirt? Also love his constant quest for ice-cream.
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 pm

:) Not that I know of, though there's probably a fansite where somebody's thought of this. Oh yeah, the ice cream, and the ultimate root beer float. I am so looking forward to the Peter-esque episode tonight!

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:35 pm

We kinda caught the show half way through, and now we're watching the DVDs from the beginning. Seeing the first episode definitely helps things make sense :lol:

Walter is definitely a character! I liked his comment in the first episode about needing a cow as a human analogue, but that humans were always better, unless you wanted milk, then you'd need a cow :lol:
[Under Construction]

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm slowly getting into it... :lol:
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 pm

I love this show. The one that aired April 15 was very poignant.
John Noble brings such warmth and depth to his character- how can you not love Walter, or feel his pains and frustrations, or understand his journey through madness interspersed with moments of clarity?
I think he (Noble) is brillaint, and he does make the show.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:26 am

Just got caught up with the last 3 episodes that I missed. Don't know how I fell so far behind but thank goodness for PVR machines! There was the first new episode of the season too but I missed it and forgot to set the PVR. I think that earns me a slap of the salmon. ;)

I should rent the DVDs of the first season too and get some things straight in my mind. It can be so very confusing! I loved the episode (2 weeks back now?) in which Walter tells Olivia all about Peter and the alternate Peter. It was extremely well done, imho, and I had tears in my eyes more than once!

Last week's episode was awesome too. Some terribly good writers on this show, and my son tells me that the whole series plot, beginning to end, was written right from the beginning so that the series will only be expected to run X many seasons and then will end (unless cancelled before of course, which had BETTER NOT HAPPEN!) All will be revealed and explained in the last episodes so there are no dangling threads. Everything in this show happens for a reason and it all fits together in the end.

I'm so pumped about this series all over again, now that I'm caught up! I hope everyone who is just joining it will enjoy it as much as I do!

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Vaire, I'm glad to know that everything will be explained, because there are more than enough hints that sinister things have gone on lol. I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled as well, though I don't see why it would, it is popular :)
[Under Construction]

-O-
Site Admin

Postby -O- » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:42 pm

just watched the last of espisode of season 2 last night for the second time i cant wait till thursday and the season premier its going to be great im sure. i love this show it reminds me of the x files but so much better!

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:34 am

Oh Cassie, I'm so embarrassed. My son was talking about "Lost" when he told me all that above. :oops: I feel like such an idiot. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers of Fringe did that too - it seems too well put together to not have a Master Plan.

New season of Fringe begins September 23rd! Get your ice-cream and get ready! :D

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:09 pm

:lmao: No worries Vaire :D I'm sure there's a master plan too. Probably involves the cow in some way ;) Roll on Thursday!
[Under Construction]

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:10 pm

:lmao: Oh RIGHT! The cow! That would be hysterical!

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:53 pm

It's probably someone in disguise :lol:
[Under Construction]

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

So- thoughts on the new season?

Without spoiling anything- the only thing I lament is that we are not seeing enough of Walter lately. (Walter- not the "Walternate, " LOL! )
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Return to “Sci-Fi”