Fringe

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Fringe

Postby shireling » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Has anybody been following "Fringe" since it came back? I'm re-hooked - especially after the way last week's episode ended!!!

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 am

Yes, still following!
That last episode was a good'un..... but we won't see the next show for 4 WEEKS!!
This is really the way to break up the rhythm of the story and loose viewers, if I may rehash my last rant in this thread.
I am so afraid that the series will be canceled before we know how the story ends.
I NEED CLOSURE, DANGIT!!!!
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 am

MsBrandybuck wrote:...This is really the way to break up the rhythm of the story and loose viewers, if I may rehash my last rant in this thread.
I am so afraid that the series will be canceled before we know how the story ends.
I NEED CLOSURE, DANGIT!!!!

The word closure seldom fits where it's used, but it sure does here.

We watched the first episode of Touched - sometime in January, I think -and then learned that it wasn't going to be shown again until March 19th! Why? Because they did that with Glee, and the social network spread the word and made it a big hit when it finally did air, etc., etc. At least that's what I read in TV Guide :).

Why would you take that kind of gamble? Obviously, these guys have nothing to lose - unlike the second-tier cast members and the crews. I don't know anyone who has stopped watching, but there must be some.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:07 am

NO-O-O-O-O-O!!!!!

This will be the final season of Fringe and it will only be 13 episodes. :(

See an interview with Josua Jackson [Peter Bishop] here:

https://apps.facebook.com/thrsocial/video/joshua-jackson-jennifer-carpenter-david-347149

(This is through facebook, but you don't have to "allow" the app on your page, if you have a page. Just press the 'skip' button a time or two and it will take you to the article anyway.)
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks, Ms. B! I love Joshua Jackson; his Peter Bishop grabbed me from day one. Talk about being a pawn of history!

I've never seen Bones, but I would love to see Dexter. The first season was serialized on A&E, before it became the Hoarders 24/7: Don't You Just Want to Take a Torch to This? channel - at least, that's the network I remember. That how I finally saw The Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:18 pm

What I saw happening with Peter in the last episode is just the thing I hoped would not.

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Just started watching Fringe, Season 1. Kind of strikes me as Adrian Monk meets the X-Files. Gonnahafta keep streaming it to see what the fuss is all about.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 pm

TomCotton wrote:Just started watching Fringe, Season 1. Kind of strikes me as Adrian Monk meets the X-Files. Gonnahafta keep streaming it to see what the fuss is all about.

:lol: It's Walter's food thing that's the best. One day as I was getting out of the car, I saw a twizzler on the ground right by my door. I really wanted to look around and yell, "Walter?" (but that would be nuts, so I didn't :slowblush:)

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 pm

No twizzlers, but I did make me a goooood rootbeer float. :D :cheers:
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm

TomCotton wrote:No twizzlers, but I did make me a goooood rootbeer float. :D :cheers:

I wanted one so bad after that first episode. Reminded me of MASH, when Hawkeye was jonesing for ribs from Adam's Rib (btw, his was in Chicago but there's one here not 30 minutes from my place :) .)

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 pm

I guess we're done for the season :/ . Nothin' but football in its place.

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Been noticing a bunch of TV shows have had their "Winter Finale" lately. Meaning no new episodes for a couple of months so you get used to not watching them or even tuning in the network because of all of the inane BS the execs have put on the schedule instead of what is really worth investing your time in watching. :mad: :D
Audere est Facere

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

TomCotton wrote:Been noticing a bunch of TV shows have had their "Winter Finale" lately. Meaning no new episodes for a couple of months so you get used to not watching them or even tuning in the network because of all of the inane BS the execs have put on the schedule instead of what is really worth investing your time in watching. :mad: :D

Yeah - and they could be back in January for all you know :roll: ! In the same vein, I came across a blip the other day that "Last Resort" is going to be pulled. It was in a magazine - haven't seen, nor heard of this anywhere else.

We love Andre Braugher, have ever since Homicide: Life on the Street, and this is not the first time they'd given this man a series, only to pull it! It's nutz!

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Yep, Frank Pembleton was an intense dude. I remember that last episode when he arrested his partner. Another detective said something like "I caught a bad guy today" and Frank replied "So did I."
I read in TV Guide that Last Resort was being canceled. So is 666 Park Avenue.

Been watching the first season of Fringe. Some weird stuff going on. I am glad to see that some of those issues are being resolved somewhat instead of stringing us along.
Audere est Facere

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Fringe is a great show, but it's suffered a lot from Fox's nonsense scheduling.

Frank Pembleton was one of the best characters ever written *sigh* - I did read that in TV Guide about Last Resort! 666 Park Avenue didn't appeal to either one of us, and we decided to stop watching it during the pilot - don't think that's ever happened before.

Return to “Sci-Fi”