Fringe

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Re: Fringe

Postby MsBrandybuck » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Yay!!! :yay:

Fringe was just picked up for a 4th season! :yes:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/25/fringe.tv.ew/index.html?eref=rss_latest&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29

Excellent news for "Fringe" fans: The drama has been picked up for a fourth season.
Word of the pickup comes after the drama fell to its lowest rating ever last Friday. It dropped 13% to 3.8 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the adult demo.

In defense, ratings had been falling all week because of the time change (more daylight in the early evening tends to result in fewer people watching TV). And CBS was airing college basketball.

Fox reports that "Fringe" is the No. 1 show on the night this season -- across both broadcast and cable -- and that the drama has improved the network's average on the night by 38%.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm

:yay: :cheers: :yay: Hot dog!!!!!

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Wonderful news! The more I watch, the more I'm convinced how clever it is. Thanks for posting that, MsB!

I've been getting such a kick out of William Bell being in Olivia's body, and him and Walter carrying on with the cow, and smoking pot, etc. It's just too funny! :lmao:
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:22 pm

I love that! I'm waiting for more of Belly's mannerisms to show up (I'm glad they seem to have dropped the idea of having William Bell move into Gene :lol:)

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:16 am

Although that would be pretty darn funny... or maybe not... :? I think there's a new episode tonight, right? Must get to the tv! :lol:
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 pm

:? I don't get Walternate. It looks to me like he's the one responsible for Bolivia's turbo-pregnancy! I'll bet she never did have VPE!

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:07 am

Well, her own doctor said she did, and it was decided that the disease didn't have time to keep up to her turbo-pregnancy (love that!) so it looks like Walternate did his homework, and saved her and her baby's lives. That was how I understood it anyway. He's much too interested in the baby to risk it, I think. I found it somewhat profound that he earlier said, rather aggressively, "I won't experiment on children!" and then pulled this stunt. But maybe he knew it would work safely, I don't know.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 am

Yeah! That's what got me - the "I won't experiment on children!" statement! But then he's got all his brain, none of the guilt and never had a William Bell...

His tastes in food and music are probably crummy, too.

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:20 pm

:lol: Yeah, probably!

This William Bell thing is a real enigma, isn't it? I wonder why he doesn't have an alternate? Did I miss something? :?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:03 pm

I'll say Bell's an enigma. I remember him telling Olivia that his alternate died young, but I forget how.

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Ah! That would explain why he doesn't appear on the other side. Must look that up and see if I can find out what happened to his young self!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:40 pm

I found it!

As explained by William at the end of Season 2, the alternate version of William was killed as a young man in a car accident; as a result, Massive Dynamic in the parallel world was never formed, instead there is only Bishop Dynamic.

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:44 pm

:lol: Speedy Gonzales! I just found that same quote myself! I had no idea there was a "Fringepedia"! What a wonderful thing - there's lots to study up on. :yes:

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, it IS Walternate's grandson, after all. He had a huge stake in wanting the baby to live.

Maybe Belly (love the nickname) went to the other side and engineered his alternate's demise.
We can't forget about the "Observers." They are only supposed to observe, however, I think that one has been influencing events all along - to save both universes from destruction.
I must go read the "Fringepedia!" Study up on details I've forgotten.
Fabulous!
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Those Observers are something else, aren't they? Curiouser and curiouser! I can't think why Belly would do away with his alternate but it's an interesting thought. I'm worried about this weapon thing that only Peter can control. The plot gets thicker and thicker!

Return to “Sci-Fi”