Fringe

Vairë
Crimebuster

Re: Fringe

Postby Vairë » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Those Observers are something else, aren't they? Curiouser and curiouser! I can't think why Belly would do away with his alternate but it's an interesting thought. I'm worried about this weapon thing that only Peter can control. The plot gets thicker and thicker!
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 pm

MsBrandybuck wrote:Well, it IS Walternate's grandson, after all. He had a huge stake in wanting the baby to live.

That's true. I wonder what he wanted that smear of blood from the baby for? What the nurse was doing was taking blood from a heel stick and you're supposed to fill all those little circles with blood to test for phenylketonuria (I worked newborn nursery and hated doing that. And don't get me started on circumcisions!) The circles had to be saturated right through to the back of the card so I was stumped when they just did the couple of drops.
Maybe Belly (love the nickname) went to the other side and engineered his alternate's demise. We can't forget about the "Observers." They are only supposed to observe, however, I think that one has been influencing events all along - to save both universes from destruction.

I hadn't thought that Belly ( :D ) might do that, but now I wonder. And I think you're right about one of the Observers trying to save both worlds. It seems likely from some of the things they've said.
I must go read the "Fringepedia!" Study up on details I've forgotten.
Fabulous!

Bless the beasts, the children and the retentive :lol:!

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Tue May 10, 2011 4:55 pm

PETER!!
OMG, WTF?? :wtf:
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 10, 2011 6:33 pm

MsBrandybuck wrote:PETER!!
OMG, WTF?? :wtf:

I know. I'm going to have to take up nail-biting until the new season starts. Btw, I just blurted this out to my hubby as we were watching Olivia's send-off:

"A Viking funeral! O honey, I've always wanted one of those!"

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 am

:lol: Nice one, Shireling! I thought it was pretty cool too, but I bet you'd need some sort of permit for that and I doubt it would be allowed anywhere unless you got really sneaky. :P

So Peter never existed?? :wtf: That's ridiculous! He is the catalyst to everything! :? They can't possibly write him out of this. I'll quit watching. :comp: (That's my tv, not the computer)
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 am

I couldn't have one anyway (my religion highly recommends that we don't cremate anywhere, including the water), but I'd dearly love a eulogy like the one Boromir got and a boat to float me to the cemetery :D. Maybe a campfire afterwards...with Viking sagas.

But I digress...I don't think Peter never existed. He's too necessary to the machines in both universes - to me. God, I hate cliffhangers!!!! Especially cliffhangers that have a really lame solution. And they wouldn't do that to us, you think?

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Wed May 11, 2011 7:07 am

You could be like Elaine (?) in the King Arthur story whose dead body floats to Camelot, or something...

Yes, I agree - what's the point of the machines if there never was a Peter? Those Observers drive me crazy. And there's no way Walter and Walternate will work together, and I suspect the two Olivias won't either. I suspect next season will be full of "mistaken identity" situations. Blech.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

Vairë wrote:...Yes, I agree - what's the point of the machines if there never was a Peter? Those Observers drive me crazy. And there's no way Walter and Walternate will work together, and I suspect the two Olivias won't either. I suspect next season will be full of "mistaken identity" situations. Blech.

At the point that he disappeared, Peter was the one unifying point between the two and the only one that didn't have an ego to bruise.

Oh God, I forgot the Observers :bang:!!!!

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Thu May 12, 2011 12:16 am

Yes, the sneaky Observers. I wish they'd give us at least a tiny hint about who or what they are!! :?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri May 13, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm going through withdrawal and it hasn't even been a week :(.

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Fri May 13, 2011 4:20 pm

You'll have to get yourself a good book, Shireling! Is it time to re-read LotR?

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 14, 2011 12:51 am

Yes! And you're right - I'm actually four months behind on "Fellowship of the Ring"!

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sat May 14, 2011 6:09 am

Are you on a schedule? I was intending to read it this winter but didn't get to it somehow. I like reading it in the winter. It seems cozier. :lol: Right now I'm reading The Book of Negroes which is fascinating. About a young black girl who is abducted from Africa for the slave trade in the mid-1700's.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 14, 2011 1:26 pm

This is the first year that I got behind on LOTR. I did read it every year but I'm finding that I can't concentrate or even hold a book like I used to. Keep dropping stuff, but I digress. Maybe I should check out the audio-book! :)

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sat May 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow, how many times have you read it? I'd love to re-read everything from The Sil, The Hobbit and LotR, but feel pressed to read a stack of other books that I've bought, and I can't seem to get enough reading time. Concentration is an issue, isn't it? I think it's menopause frankly. I blame everything on that! As for dropping stuff, are you troubled with arthritis? Have you looked into getting yourself a Kindle or one of those reading tablets? Mistress has one and just loves it!

I have the DVDs of the BBC Radio version of LotR and just love listening to it when I'm busy in the kitchen. Of course, they don't read every word of the books, but it's still a good enactment!

Return to “Sci-Fi”