Stargate Universe

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Re: Stargate Universe

Postby resoundingjoy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 am

My bf and I just started watching this on Netflicks during the summer break, and are trying to get through before school (and the new season) starts up again. I think we're only about halfway through right now. I keep getting distracted by how squicky the communication stones make relationships. I've told him if he ever gets plopped into another body I'm not sleeping with it/him but I think the idea intrigues him :roll:

Keith
House Elf

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:07 am

resoundingjoy wrote:I've told him if he ever gets plopped into another body I'm not sleeping with it/him but I think the idea intrigues him :roll:

:lol: The device they use to allow the actors to keep doing their jobs (i.e. showing them as the same person most of the time even when they're in another body) kind of distances the viewer from the issues surrounding the stones, though I can see why they do it.

(spoiler warning)

The season finale was really hard-hitting with the multiple cliffhangers at the end (though we can guess who if anyone actually dies by looking into who's in the whole of season 2 :P ). There might even *gasp* be some relationship development in the offing for Chloe and Eli (aka Beauty and the Geek), though I find myself strangely uninterested. Rush/Mandy is my OTP for this series. :D

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:01 pm

We just got to the season finale and I actually found myself a little annoyed at the over-the-top dramatic cliffhangers. I enjoy a good drama as much as anyone, but the cliffhanger tactic seems to be a bit overused in this series!

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:45 pm

SyFy seems to like to over do it with the cliffhangers on all of their original series. It does get to be annoying.

Cliffhangers seem to be the way all networks are going.

I am sort of looking forward to the restart of SG:U.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:40 am

Soon! Very soon! And sort of in line with that subject... does anyone actually watch tv shows when they are on? We were just discussing when we would get a chance to watch the season premiere, and the consensus was that it'd have to be DVR'ed for watching on the weekend sometime.

Keith
House Elf

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:04 am

I don't have a TiVo/SkyPlus/whatever, so I only watch stuff when it's actually on. That's easier than it used to be, at least with UK TV, because there are now so many channels that most 'big' shows get each episode broadcast at least twice a week.

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:52 pm

OK, so I finally watched the first two episodes of the new season.

Ep 1 -- I found myself considering the fact that there were parallels to Young and Dannic, which is probably a highly unpopular opinion, but in their stubbornness to command the ship and other personal persistent traits. Also, I was not particularly enthralled by TJ, not completely sure why yet. Loved the song they chose for the ending scenes though.

Ep 2 -- I actually found that this ep made me slightly more sympathetic towards Rush, also contrary to what most people will think. I am also interested to learn more about Ginn. We learn a little about her backstory, and it's an interesting aspect of her character that she takes action in the first ep.

Thoughts? Also, can someone remind me how to do the spoiler tag?

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:14 pm

There is no spoiler code so you have to try making the text the same color as the background using color=#e0dcaf. What I do is type the spoiler text then highlight it with a left click and drag, choose any font color from the chart to the right when typing a reply, then replace the color code with #e0dcaf to get the text to blend into the background.

Spoiler:
This is what the result is when you replace the generated color code with #e0dcaf

That code will work until the background color changes, then you have to find the code for the new background color.
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

v0id
Mome Rath

Postby v0id » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:24 pm

TomCotton wrote:There is no spoiler code....

Some admin should add a spoiler code ;)
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 76#spoiler

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 am

Just finished catching up on the next two episodes. Is anyone else getting a little/more annoyed by Chloe?

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:59 am

Annoyed with Chloe? But of course.
Someone should check Rush out for some alien implants.
Audere est Facere

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:38 pm

resoundingjoy wrote:Just finished catching up on the next two episodes. Is anyone else getting a little/more annoyed by Chloe?

What - even more than in season 1?

No idea when season 2 is going to air over here...
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:46 pm

You can watch them online on SyFy (typing that makes me feel a little unhappy). I think Hulu also has some of the episodes.

I think I am probably in the minority, but I continue to find myself sympathizing a little with Rush. Not that what he is doing is justified, but I can see his point of view.

Edit: So, this week's ep was pretty much just filler. Although everyone did get to wear nice clean clothes!

Edit II: I really thought the dinosaurs were going to eat Simeon.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Welcome, Irwin! I agree with you - just could not get interested in Stargate Universe because of that.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Sci-Fi”