The Big Bang Theory

Vairë
Crimebuster

The Big Bang Theory

Postby Vairë » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:41 am

Do I see a Green Lantern symbol on our absolutely, utterly fantabulastic page header? That is what has prompted me to begin a thread on a wonderfully funny sitcom called "The Big Bang Theory", Season 4 beginning on Thursday, September 23. Anyone else a fan? I discovered it late, just a few months ago in fact, and have bought and watched the first two seasons on DVD and am anxiously awaiting the third season so I can get all caught up. (Why am I always behind?? It's cleverly written with great chemistry between the actors and characters. Have a look at an episode or two and see what you think! :D
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Re: The Big Bang Theory

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:08 am

I got hooked on it when I'd be home alone, bored or doing busy work (sewing, knitting, ecxt...) while waiting for CSI: Miami to come on. I've missed it the last couple of years since moving back home with my parents who don't have their tv hooked up to recieve any type of signal (we only watch dvds and a few vhses).
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Yep, it is one of the few things on TV that I watch. :lol:
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 pm

"Bazinga" has become a household word around here! :lol:
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Yes!!!!!! I love this show. I've been watching since first season. I also have the past 3 seasons on DVD and I with my family will sit and watch about 15 episodes in a row- it's a real laugh-fest.

Sheldon is highly quotable- I have AOL IM connected with my google mail at work and I try to have a Sheldon quote as my status. This month it's:

"I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV Series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended."

Bazinga!
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 am

:lol: Oh that Sheldon! That's great! My daughter immediately memorized "Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock" after that episode. She then taught it to a bunch of her friends. I've since learned that that's not original to Big Bang though and has been around awhile. It's still a Sheldonism as far as I'm concerned. :yes:

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 pm

I spotted the friend that looks like a Beetles reject in a movie (pre-Bang) He was the high school wierdo in A Cinderella Story (Hilary Duff).
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:53 am

You must mean Howard Wolowitz. Had to laugh at your Beatles reject description! You're right though - that hair! The actor is Simon Helberg. Good catch, spotting him in A Cinderella Story. I had to look his history up and he's only had minor roles here and there so far. Big Bang might just launch his career though!

Apparently there's a comedy website called Super Deluxe and he's on there with a partner. They did a web series called "Derek & Simon: The Show". I should go look that up!

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:29 pm

I watched a bit of 'A Cinderella Story' with my daughter and we both spotted Simon in that nerdy student roll, LOL! He was so YOUNG in that movie. I wonder now if he's been type-cast and will forever be a nerd?

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)
— Worf

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Great comedy team!
When Sheldon says "Well isn't it obvious", you know you're in for a super geeky explaination!

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 pm

If Leonard lets him! Did you see the episode where Sheldon was "muzzled" by Leonard and nearly burst his seams in frustration? When he finally was given the "okay", his super geeky explanation poured forth at Warp 10 - it's amazing Jim Parsons can deliver those incredibly detailed speeches at such a speed! :lol:

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Okay- did you all hear about Howard and Bernadette?!?!?!!! :thud:

Who liked Sheldon and Amy's gossip experiment? :D
— Worf

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Promos for the next episode show Sheldon and Amy kissing. :D
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry to miss your comment, MsB. I didn't get a notification for that for some reason. I loved their experiment though!

Sheldon and Amy kissing?? I wonder where the writers are planning on taking that! I'm hoping they keep Sheldon sort of anti-sexual.

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:41 pm

:lol: I love this show. My friends got me hooked on it and sometimes I swear it's like watching my life. Especially with Raj and Howard. When my guy friends come over they even knock on my door like Sheldon does :roll: Which can drive me nuts sometimes.

PatriotBlade wrote:I spotted the friend that looks like a Beetles reject in a movie (pre-Bang) He was the high school wierdo in A Cinderella Story (Hilary Duff).

He also played in Van Wilder. I shrieked (literally) when I saw him! (I just watched Van Wilder for the first time two weeks ago)
"We're all a little crazy, just some of us are better at hiding it."

Return to “Other”