Lost

Allegra
Mome Rath

Lost

Postby Allegra » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Does anyone here still watch Lost? I've enjoyed it during the last five seasons and it's now in it's final season. After tonight's episode there is only seven or eight episodes. I'm going to really miss it.

locksley
House Elf

Re: Lost

Postby locksley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:29 am

I absolutely love LOST, and even though I completely get why they are wrapping it up, I'm also very sorry to see it end. There are very few good television shows these days ... it will be sorely missed in this house.

Tonight's episode should prove a good one, as Richard is such an intriguing character.

I'm looking forward to Desmond's return to the island (which I assume will be very soon!).
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:26 am

I still watch it and I'm LOST, too :lol: . I just hope that it all makes sense at the end and try not to let it interfere with my enjoyment of the show.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I must have missed something. How does a ship leaving the Canary Islands and heading for the Americas wind up on an island in the Pacific Ocean? That mustabeen one heckuva storm. :shock:
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 pm

:lol:

That was a great episode, and what a brilliant bit of acting from Nestor Carbonell.
And that crazy giggle of his was just perfect. :lol:

We got quite a few questions answered too, which is always nice. I love the fact that Richard's backstory tied into the Black Rock ... nicely done, LOST peeps. :D
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm too far behind. I got "lost" :lol: early in the fourth season, so I need to get the third season to review and the fourth season on DVD. But by then, season five will be over. *pout* I'll eventually get caught up.
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Not their best episode this week, but there were a few great moments and I'm thrilled that Desmond is back. :D

I'm really intrigued by the theory that the island is possibly related to the biblical Eden. Guess we'll know (or maybe not lol) in 6 more episodes. :D

And speaking Desmond: Going way back to Season One, there was that episode where they found the skeletons of that couple in the cave (given the names of 'Adam and Eve') and a bag containing a black stone and a white stone.
In a later Desmond-centric episode (Flashes ...) there is a scene with Desmond and Penny, (in their apt) and in it is a small table with two small stones placed on it. Nothing else. It seemed odd at the time, that they were just placed there.
If it turns out that the skeletons are Desmond and Penny, then maybe Desmond's return to the island eventually resulted in him not being able to leave, and Penny eventually joined him and stayed too. One idea, anyway.

Could be Rose and Bernard as well, who we now know did not want to leave the island.

Or some other couple ...

Or have no significance at all LOL

Oh LOST, sometimes you drive me crazy! I'll miss you :D

Allegra
Mome Rath

Postby Allegra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 pm

I thought it was an okay episode too. From the scenes that I saw after Lost in the preview it looks like next week's episode is going to be quite good.

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 pm

Well, when Jack and Hurley were at that lighthouse I thought that the whole show is an elaborate Mist game that Hurley is Lost in. :P :lol:

The idea that Desmond and Penny are the skeletons is a very good speculation. It makes sense. :)
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

barkybree
Mome Rath

Postby barkybree » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm still a Lostie, and glad to be talking about it with someone! All of my IRL friends/co-workers abandoned the thing. :|

Although I wasn't too impressed with the last two episodes, I have to admit I am more intrigued to see what they're going to do now. They layered on more Desmond stuff, and in the previous episode they layered on more Jin/Sun stuff, so what's really got my interest peaked is "exactly how are they going to possibly wrap this up in five episodes!!". :shock:

I had a sappy epiphany last night during Charlie's brief appearance (side note: they finally make Charlie interesting, here at the end?? WTF???):

The overall theme of this entire show is love. Yeah, I'm being uber-sappy here. It's about the Jack-Sawyer-Kate-Juliet love quadrangle; about Locke's search for a loving father; about Charlie finally finding true love with Claire, and Claire almost reciprocating (see below); about Hurley and his psychologist almost-girlfriend; about Sayid and his torment over the loss of his own true love; about Desmond and his devotion to Penny.

The success or failure of the cast depends on the success of their own love lives.

Those who died either did not have love at all or lost it by being self-centered idots:
-- Locke, lost his own devoted significant other (if the flash-sideways is accurate) while wasting time and money wallowing in his handicapped self-pity
-- Boone & Shannon, who were pretty shallow & didn't even know what real love was (even suspiciously doing creepy step-sibling nookie)
-- Charlie, who basically drifted toward psycho & lost Claire forever out of stupidity

Those who survived, but are clearly on the "wrong" side with the smoke monster, failed in love through what appears to be their own fault, although circumstances didn't help
-- Sayid, his true love (Nadia) is gone, his fault although Saddam's Iraq was clearly not a place for true love
-- Claire, single mom without anyone, spurned Charlie, abandoned her son, although there were bad circumstances there as well

Those who survived, but are clearly on the fence, loved but lost by what may or may not be their own fault
-- Sawyer, who lost Juliet and spurned Kate, although Kate was always flaky
-- Kate, who loved Sawyer but lost him as well while spurning Jack because Jack was acting flaky. Notice she seems more solidly with Locke than Sawyer, but not by much.
-- Jin, whose devotion to Sun was questionable in the beginning. However, notice how strong his is now in opposition to Smoky....

Those who survived, but are still on the side of good, loved and either still do or lost it through no fault of their own
-- Jack, who lost Kate although he certainly tried
-- Hurley, who had his true love stripped from him
-- Sun, whose devotion to Jin has been pretty rock-solid since landing on the island

This leaves Ben Linus, who is not only the most fascinating character on the entire show, but whose status is still unclear in my theory. He's been dispicable, clearly has no love for anyone but his own power, has been thoroughly emasculated by nearly everyone, and has nothing but blood on his hands. Yet he seems to be anti-Smoky and trying to redeem himself. He is the Joker, the wildcard, and still interesting.

Thoughts????

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey Barky! :)

Wow, some great thoughts there. :D

I don't really see Kate as being solidly with Locke. I get the feeling she's there because of a hidden agenda.

You're so right about Charlie, in that they FINALLY made him interesting in the 'Happily Ever After' episode ... and that underwater scene was brilliant.

Wow, I think Desmond really set up the chain of events (that will undo Un-Locke :D) in a big way in last night's episode ... it's going to be a interesting time once Locke is taken to the hospital! They can bring together quite a few characters in this way, I should think. (Locke, Jack, Sawyer, Miles ... maybe Sun, Jin ...)

I would imagine several characters are doomed at this point, Sayid probably being number #1 on the list. I would imagine Ben's up there too. ;)

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 pm

*slack-jawed* Wow, I'd say you about summed it up!

Until you mentioned it, I'd never once thought about Kate & Locke as a couple but who else has as much in common as they do? They both had despicable fathers who hurt them - physically in Locke's case and emotionally in Kate's. Both had physical limitations on the plane (Locke in wheelchair; Kate in handcuffs). Once on the island, they were absolutely the most rootin', tootin' est of the bunch - very fit, good with weapons, excellent sense of direction, motivated to survive, and in spite of Locke's bald pate and Kate's lovely locks, they both look absolutely smashing no matter what.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Oh man, I am SO going to miss this show :(

This one convinced me, more than ever, that Sayid is a doomed man. Though I'm sure he did not go through with murdering Desmond (who also may have convinced him to turn the other way) I still think he's going to die.
And maybe Kate as well.

I really like Sun's reaction to remembering Locke/Smokey after her near-death experience.

The show began with Jack, and I can see it ending with Jack. ;)

barkybree
Mome Rath

Postby barkybree » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:33 am

Last night's ep was definitely a step up. I felt the last couple of eps were somewhat weak.

Desmond as string-puller in the flash-sideways. Brilliant! He was the ultimate victim in the original timeline, the guy who was always stuck with the island despite his best efforts. Everyone else waffled about being on the island or not, but Desmond was always intent on leaving but always the most trapped. Now, in the other universe, he's top dog, pulling all the other strings! Good for him!

Claire is friggin' nuts. Sawyer called it right. She's a writer's dream: the ultimate wild card who can do pretty much anything at this point. All the other characters seemed somewhat trapped in their direction, but not her. I hope they use her for ultimate impact.

These four remaining episodes had better blow our socks off!

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 pm

They are not going to answer all the questions before the series runs out. You will have to wait for the movie to get some answers, then wait for the sequels/prequels/sidequels to get a trickle of information for the rest of it. :roll:

Notice that the episode for 27 April is a rerun? :roll: :roll: The usual BS. :evil:
Audere est Facere

Return to “Other”