Lost

locksley
House Elf

Re: Lost

Postby locksley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 pm

I agree about Claire ... and I don't usually agree with Sawyer, so that's saying something LOL.

Well said, Barky, as to Desmond's role in this last season. Brilliant indeed. :D
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Sat May 08, 2010 1:32 am

Sad as it was, I thought 'The Candidate' was an excellent episode.
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Agreed :cry:

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Wed May 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Oy, so now we have witnessed the birth of Jacob and the Smoke Monster.
We also now know the origin of Adam and Eve. Didn't Jack and Kate look so young in that retro scene? :D
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed May 12, 2010 5:18 pm

TomCotton wrote:Oy, so now we have witnessed the birth of Jacob and the Smoke Monster.
We also now know the origin of Adam and Eve. Didn't Jack and Kate look so young in that retro scene? :D

I'd forgotten all about that - and they did look young. Btw, how many days/weeks/months do you think have gone by in LOST time?

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

merryb
House Elf

Postby merryb » Thu May 13, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm seriously doubting that any satisfactory conclusion to this show can be achieved.

barkybree
Mome Rath

Postby barkybree » Fri May 14, 2010 12:04 am

I'm with ya, MerryB. They had a big "reveal" show, but it left more questions. What is this smoke monster really? Why can Jacob never die? Who was their mother? Why did they start betting on humanity? How did Jacob leave the island and search for replacements? Ugh, they almost shouldn't have done that episode at all (although it was still a cool episode 8-) ).

Anyone catch the cool music during the preview of the next episode the last few weeks? Love The Doors "The End". :D

Can't wait for the next ep and the Big Finale! I only hope it's not Jacob and the Smoke Monster don't turn out to be Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette....

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri May 14, 2010 12:18 am

barkybree wrote:Anyone catch the cool music during the preview of the next episode the last few weeks? Love The Doors "The End". :D

Yes, loved that too.

Can't wait for the next ep and the Big Finale! I only hope it's not Jacob and the Smoke Monster don't turn out to be Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette....

:lol:

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Didn't notice that music, but I despise The Doors so probably tuned it out automatically.

All the questions that won't be answered and all the new questions brought up will probably be used to make the movie and the sequels and the prequels and the prequels to the sequels and the sequels to the prequels, etc., etc., etc. ad nauseam. You gotta know that they are using these final few shows to set up the movie franchise.

Now that you brought it up, Barky, we are probably lucky (yet saddened) that Suzanne Pleshette is no longer with us otherwise you might have hit the nail on the head. :)

I still maintain that it is all a game of Mist going on in Hurley's head as he sits at a table in the institution waiting for the next dead person to stop by for a chat. Island, lighthouse, wrecked ship, time travel, spacial displacement, water, puzzling situations. It is all there. :D
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

barkybree
Mome Rath

Postby barkybree » Thu May 20, 2010 12:17 am

I don't remember being this interested in a season finale in a looooong time. :D Usually shows jump the shark long before the end, I end up so disinterested I don't care. I'd have to go back to Star Trek: DS9 or Babylon 5 I think. But LOST, I'm going to actually watch it on Sunday night in its allotted time slot, no Tivo, no later downloading. I've reworked my schedule. :mrgreen:

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Thu May 20, 2010 1:15 am

I couldn't agree more, Barky!

This last episode was another of the greats, imo. The 'concert' should be awesome. ;)

I'll be glued to my TV on Sunday night. :)

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Mon May 24, 2010 5:07 am

I am SO HAPPY that the series finale was so excellent! Loved it. :):):)

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Mon May 24, 2010 12:32 pm

A six year long episode of The Ghost Whisperer. 'Go to the light.' :P :lol:
It was entertaining. The reunion and remembering parts got to be less emotionally impacting after a while, though.
Some very good acting throughout the episode. I liked it when:
[spoiler] Hurley finally saw Charlie, although Hurley knew what he was going to see the look of pleasure on his face at seeing his long dead friend was great.

Sawyer and Julliet would have been better if it had happened earlier in those meet and greet segments. By the time it got around to them most of the lustre had worn off for me. Still a good scene, though.

Sun and Jin's reaction got my brain to churning because they knew what the outcome in that altered reality would be, even though they were dead the whole run of the series (like everyone else, apparantly.)
[/spoiler]

There is a bunch still to discuss about the final episode.
Audere est Facere

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm

[spoiler]Not sure why you say that they were 'dead the whole run of the series'. They were only dead in the sideways flashes, which we now know was a purgatory where they were waiting for each other before they could 'move on'.
They didn't die in the plane crash, and that's one thing I was very glad for.
The crash was real, everything on the island happened, and many of them did die on the island, like Sun, Jin, and Jack. But those that were able to get off the island (and those who chose to remain, like Hurley) may have lived to a ripe old age. (as Christian said to Jack, everyone dies 'sometime'.)

In the sideways flashes, purgatory, they appeared to each other as they all last remembered, all popping up there at whatever point in time they died in the real world.

And one of my favorite parts at the end was when Ben and Hurley were remembering their time on the island after Jack passed on 'protectorship' to Hurley. These two telling each other that they were a great "#1 and #2" confirmed that all that happened on the island indeed happened as we saw it. [/spoiler]

Spoilers tags not working :(

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Locks there isn't a BBCode for spoilers yet. I just type the [spoiler] [/spoiler] code looking thingies then use the color code
#99a1a3
for the font color. It matches the background color and works until someone uses the quotes code on some of the spoiler text. The quote box background color in the reply message is a different color so the text bleeds through a bit. Example:
[spoiler]See how this text bleeds through in the quote box[/spoiler]
[spoiler]See how this text bleeds through in the quote box[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I still think they were all dead and were just waiting for Jack to realize it so they could all go to the light together. [/spoiler]
Audere est Facere

Return to “Other”