Carol Ann Susi died

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Carol Ann Susi died

Postby TomCotton » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Something I found out just today.
Carol Ann Susi who does the voice of Howard Wolowitz's mother on The Big Bang Theory died on November 11 of cancer.
Carol Ann Susi

Wonder how they are going to handle it in the show.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Carol Ann Susi died

Postby shireling » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:30 am

She was a college friend of this couple we used to know, and I can still remember how proud they were of her success. I wonder, too, what they'll do now...such a loss. :(

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Yes, sad indeed. That voice has become an intregal part of the show and has provided a lot of the great comedy over the years, both when the mother was talking and when others mimicked her.

One of the big speculations around here was whether they would ever show the actual character during the wind up of the series.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Thinking back to how other shows have handled the passing of cast members, what I would like to see is a funeral for Mrs. Wolowitz, with all the bitter-sweet stuff that happens when a parent dies. Especially since this this show has such a long and loyal following, I'm sure that an episode could be written that would have us all laughing till we cried.

Either that or an audio reading of her will - which I think Simon Helberg could pull off (actually for quite a while, I thought he did dual duty and was the voice for Howard's mother.)

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Other”