My dear Joon...

Create and maintain a daily journal here.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: My dear Joon...

Postby shireling » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:39 pm

Amy pooped on my bath mats *steam coming out of my ears*.

So, at 4 AM, I pulled out three wash pods and did them both in an hour. What is so deceptive about cat doo-doo is that you don't realize just how pungent it is. Of course, if you are or you live with a hoarder of kitties, you are well aware, maybe. I washed them because I tried vacuuming them once and the odor was like an hyena's den. From now on, I will not leave them on the floor unless they are being used to remove oneself from the tub or shower. Once done, back up they go.

I made us a toddler's lunch today. Mashed potatoes with burger gravy and cinnamon applesauce. When we were little, we would destroy that in no time. And this was back when Mom did everything from scratch, except butcher the beef. We didn't even have applesauce in a jar - or a can. Peeled, cut and cooked the taters and mashed them. We had a sausage grinder for ground beef (we'd bring home the cow from Grandma's, all wrapped up in white paper.) And she'd make the applesauce too. It took me all of twenty minutes and that's because I had to thaw the meat. Even the gravy came in a jar. I don't feel the least bit guilty, if that's what you're wondering. It was really good, and it was thunder-storming outside, to complete the picture.

Michael is coming tomorrow so I'm making his casserole, but I don't think we can get haircuts yet. I tried calling, but they don't answer - they just steer me toward the website, that I just tried to use. He won't wear a mask, but he's not into glasses either. So, we'll see how it goes.

I'm off to another zoom meeting so I will say later.

sara

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:02 am

I got a haircut. I got a haircut. I got a haircut. :D

I can't write any more. The neighbors are banging. :(

sara

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 pm

I got a haircut! And so did the Honey and the Honey Junior (also known as Michael.)

And I got my wifi updated, with a new security key. If I hadn't I wouldn't be writing to you right now. Jimminy Christmas, there are a whole slew of people using my wifi - I had no idea. Anyway, I got a new key and I should be able to write in peace now without any more noise. The people from the cable company seemed to think that I was disrupting their use of my stuff, and they couldn't wait to make it difficult for them. They reminded me a lot of my in-laws whenever they played RISK. Most blood-thirsty Quakers you ever saw, but after spending time in Ancestry, and seeing where the bunch came from, it makes sense.

Oh, the haircuts. We waited outside until they pulled us in and we wore masks, they wore masks. It was warm, but not too bad, and they did Mikey first (he wore the mask! I couldn't believe it!) And we all look pretty good, I must say. The Duane is very silverish; I'm not and I don't know why. There's some scattered grey, but so far apart, that I don't think they'll ever meet.

Now Amy still looks like when she moved in. No white muzzle going on, and she's okay...Darn it! The cable company called with the tech person I had originally, and I missed her again! You can't call them back directly. Okay...I can't do anything. Duane is waiting for me to come back to watch Perry Mason with him.

sara

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Well, I got back my third delivery of wash, and it was only 29 lbs.

Even with the comforter, which would have been weighed separately, it was still 63 dollars. nuts.... Okay. So, do the benefits outweigh the difficulties:

1) For 59 dollars plus tax, I can get my laundry done for the week. All told, it's a bit steep.

2) I have developed a routine with her (take it Tuesday/return Thursday). And that's not a problem.

3) Cost includes washer, dryer, folding, hanging up, detergent, color-fast bleach, softener, pickup and drop off.
Still is costly.

4) She's trying to help us with the money. We just don't have a lot of clothes.

5) It's wonderful! Everything smells nice! It's crisply folded or else they're on hangers. Nothing I ever washed has come out as nice as these do.

6) My shoulders and knees hurt whenever I have to walk upstairs, carrying a basket. I love how I feel, I don't worry about falling, and I'm not afraid of falling.

So I'm keeping it all, at the price. Maybe down the road we can negotiate something. But for now, it's worth it to me.
Well, I've got to get lunch on the table. Zoom is at 12:30.

love,
sara

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Had three Zooms yesterday...

It's wonderful, not having to go anywhere, drive anyplace, your books and things are in easy reach, simply terrific. Today, there's only one at 2 o'clock, and I'm really looking forward to that.

And today is the beginning of all masks, everywhere. Except inside the home and the car. I'm so grateful that so many of us have done so well, since the pandemic began. Most of our friends and family, and the friends families, have weathered this out of the hospital, and both of mine that were in, are home now.

I've got to get lunch on the table. Sorry this is so short and little. I'll make it up to you.

sara

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:30 am

Comedy is easy, rhyming is hard.

That last poem was a real pickle. I don't mean to make light of his situation, I hope nobody thinks that. I'm just appalled by dictatorships who try to shut people up by arresting them, and charging them with ridiculous crimes; I have no inside information on Mr. Zam's breath. But, if you're going to charge him with something like 'corruption on Earth', why not nail him for halitosis? And, btw, the government also charges the family for bullets or rope, depending on how they plan to dispatch him.

Crazy - absolutely crazy. I remember back when communist countries would assign rebels to insane asylums. Sure, why not? The attitude of the State was that if you were grousing and complaining about communism, when it made your life so nice and easy (compared to those bad old capitalist/democratic ways), you had to be insane. There was no other reason, since Stalin made everything so perfect.

Anyway, here I sit, on the 4th of July, and the old lady is showing her age. No fireworks last night, so I guess the arsonists are waiting for the dark. They aren't even fireworks, in the beautiful convention sense of the word. Lots of noise, big bang, that sort of thing.

Duane's awake, and coughing so much. Have a lovely weekend - or the best one possible. :D

sara

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:49 pm

I found a small affordable necklace online.

The pendant is made from an Ice Age horse's tooth, but as soon as it arrived, the tooth fell out of its copper wire weave. There was also supposed to be a gemstone - the artist said it was part of the design, and not to hold in the fossil. Anyway, she's making me another while this just gets kept, and she'll not charge me for the new. That is so nice of her.

I went to Saba's devotions in the afternoon; there were an additional four of us, and it was so lovely. Prayers, a talk by Tom Price, and stories - I came away feeling so rested and joyful. This morning there's a Cluster meeting for the area, and I'm really looking forward to that. Our lives are so quiet, it's a wonder anybody reads this. If we'd been a bigger family with youngsters, it would be a lot more daunting, to manage. I don't know how I'd manage without these zoom meetings for company.

Not to mention the cable company helping me to reclaim my wifi. I didn't know that people were just jumping aboard and taking it. Right now, I'm persona non grata but that's okay. I don't need their approval. Some things I'm concerned about, but don't have to do with the wifi.

I'm seeing things. Shapes coming near me; just now a white square - like a kerchief - fell from the third shelf of the bookcase to the floor. Most of the time, they're dark - like a cat walking across the room - but these shadows that come so close that I could feel them, are worrying. It's like someone is right next to me, and I've startled more than once. It's a Parkinson's symptom, so I know there's a reason for it. I'm not scared, just giving out a head's up.

My left hand was so numb and tingly for the whole day, on Thursday. I have a brace, but if I fall asleep, I'll take it off and fling it across the room, where it does no good...

I just came from a Reflection Cluster. We discussed prayer and aspects of it, and the Holy Day next Thursday at 1 PM. Duane and I need to set up Devotions of our own, which we haven't done. Well, I need to finish lunch - I only ate a little of it, and I'm ready for the rest. Hope you're enjoying our nation's birthday.

sara

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:52 am

I hate going out to the store.

I don't know what the matter is with people. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't. But don't get in my space, and murmur insults at me, because I chose to. What a bunch of maroons! And they are all ages, both genders, and white as lilies. Everybody else is wearing the things, sweeping out to six feet - not bothering anybody, while the rest look like they have Tourette's. OOOOOOOOOOO, those mothers!

I was in the grocers and trying to get what I needed for Amy. That wasn't too bad, but the big box and the lumber shop were. That being said, I did get everything - including an extra set of keys. Unfortunately, the two big keys were the same blanks and I'm trying to think of a way to mark them. It's no hurry, it's good just to have them.

I did find some wire and I wrapped the fossil tooth in it. I have no talent for this but it does look okay. I should have bought the gold instead of the silver though. I might still do that, even thought the silver looks good. But I have some beads that would look so nice on that cord but not with the silver.

I just feel like I'm rambling - like I have nothing important to say. I hate this frickin' virus, and all it stands for. But what is up with all the de-maskers? Huh? I don't get it. And you can tell, just tell, they would kiss the bum of Trump without hesitation or barbecue sauce. When he starts wearing one, they will. And I don't see him getting sick. Why? Because Covid-19 - unlike most illnesses - has standards.

Oh! God! :bang:

I'm sorry. I have never had such a hard time in my life with anybody as I have him. You can't avoid him. He runs the country, and the 34 - 39 percent of people who don't realize that he laughs at them, think he walks on water! It's heart-breaking! How can this be? We're not idiots - are we? Are we really as dumb as a sack of hammers? There is no one that he hasn't mocked. Let Hillary make one comment, one, calling people 'deplorable', and it hits the fan, scattering throughout.

I like Joe, and I want the mansion smudged, covered in chanting and sacred dances, fumigated - whatever it takes to remove the stench of mendacity from its hallowed halls. Gospel choirs from end to end, amen. I'm even willing to consider human sacrifice, if
we can get our hands on a perfect victim for the occasion...

Okay. Well, no it's not. I'm hungry, it's going on 10 PM, and I need sleep. Good night, joon-ams. I don't say this very often, but I love you guys. I don't know you, I know you're out there, and you need to hear that. Even if it is from a 65-year-old woman writing a journal in an LOTR site. Now I don't want to adopt you, or send you to college, I just thought you should hear that you matter a bunch to me, and I want you to be safe and happy, and to get through this.

sara

Return to “Journals”