ashbow's weighty journal

Create and maintain a daily journal here.
MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Re: ashbow's weighty journal

Postby MsBrandybuck » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:11 pm

ashbow wrote:Mrs BB..Aw shucks...it sure has been nice knowing you too. It may even be longer than 8 years, as I remember being on Ringbearer when Joram was still the head honcho.

Ah, if you were around with Joram then it's been....... 11 years! :thud:

Gosh, I'm getting old. Memory is the first thing to go...

But it's been a great ride, friend. :cheers:
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Okay. I don't see a spot to list gender in these profiles. Thanks for coming to my aid, Ms. B.

Btw, I was once taken for Elijah Wood in one of his forums for about a month. I never did find out just why anybody would think that.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm

All is well so far, though the scale tells me I am losing, the mirror has yet to back up that theory. I know I shouldn't expect to eat healthy and exercise for a week and come out with six-pack abs, but it would be nice to see the half keg gone!
Jogging in place yesterday, I could feel the weight on my back moving up and down. I never stored fat back there before, and I now see how uncomfortable exercise can be for people even more out of shape than I am.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:43 pm

ashbow wrote:...Jogging in place yesterday, I could feel the weight on my back moving up and down. I never stored fat back there before, and I now see how uncomfortable exercise can be for people even more out of shape than I am.

That's where it goes last on me, so it's the first to get out of town. Do you have access to a pool? The combined resistance from the water and bouyancy is wonderful.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Yes, I have access to a pool, but I would need an ice saw to use it before March :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Okay :lol:.

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Weighed in at 200 this morning.

4 pounds in five days is great, and now I expect the weight to come off much slower.
I do feel a difference now, and my pants are not performing olympic feats of strength just to keep from popping the button.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Congratulations, ash! I would love to weight that!

Don't you just love it when you don't have to lay down on the bed, suck in your stomach to close your pants and then try to stand up without bending at the waist?

I should be there by August...2020...:lol: just kidding.

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Been there, done that, shireling!
I need to get SERIOUS about dropping some weight as well....maybe after I eat birthday cake. Problem is- my family has birthdays at the beginning of the year; mine on 1/11, then we have 2/24, 3/7, and 3/20.
— Worf

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Don't let a couple pieces of cake postpone you for three months MsB.
That was my thinking from October through December, and it led to a good 10 extra pounds of "I'm going on a diet so I better eat it now" weight climb on board.

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 pm

198 this morning...nice to be under the 200's again.
I still have a long road ahead, and need to stay focused for months...not just a couple weeks.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 am

You are doing wonderfully well! Keep up the good work! :yes:

MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Postby MsBrandybuck » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Way to go, Ash!

But see, birthday cake was my excuse du jour! I could start now that I have eaten said cake, but see, it's too cold and there's still ice on the ground- so can't walk outside. :(

I am still in the denial stage. I know I need to drop poundage, but I am overwhelmed by the idea and I can't get started.
— Worf

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:05 pm

MsBrandybuck wrote:...I could start now that I have eaten said cake, but see, it's too cold and there's still ice on the ground- so can't walk outside. :(

I am still in the denial stage. I know I need to drop poundage, but I am overwhelmed by the idea and I can't get started.

Every word could have come from me.

ashbow
Crimebuster

Postby ashbow » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:36 pm

196 on Monday. Still on a roll...and not eating it.

I feel for you MsB and Shireling...I have stalled and stalled, and let myself pack on moe weight as I was waiting for the diet date to get here. I figure I would be so much closer to my goal now, if I had just stopped the gain a few months ago, or better than that, started on a whim, and not let myself become fixated on a date in the future.

There is no need to wait...what better time to start than 6:27PM on January 18th?...(after the cookies are gone)

Return to “Journals”