The Rambling Thoughts of a Bookworm

Create and maintain a daily journal here.
Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

The Rambling Thoughts of a Bookworm

Postby Arwen#1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Well, so I'm a little late to this site. Must've been last night was a good night because I found this site and my sister had her baby. Who, by the way, is a little boy and is adorable!!! I haven't seen him in person yet (since my sister lives on the other side of the continent) but I've seen pictures and he's a little cutie. I wonder how my niece is reacting to his presence.
In other news today is my parent's anniversary, I can't believe they've been married 25 years!!! Go them!! I hope my marriage lasts that long.
Oh! And because it's been so long I don't know if I've mentioned this but I'm married. 2 years ago in May I married myself a pretty great guy. He's a nerd and I say that with the most love because I know I am too. He loves D&D and video games. Right now he's stuck on Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 but I think his all-time favorite is Halo. *Nose wrinkle* Mine would have to be Dragon Age I'm afraid.
He has a passing interest in Lord of the Rings - which I can accept, but he hates Harry Potter - which I forgive him for. I have, however, found a person who loves Tolkien - I would say too much if that was possible.
Well, the good news is that the heat is dropping finally. Michigan was way hot this year - well, for Michigan anyways. But now it's gone from 90 to 54 and that seems a bit drastic to me, but hey, I don't control the weather, so what do I know.
Anyways, that's all for now.
-A1
"We're all a little crazy, just some of us are better at hiding it."

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Rambling Thoughts of a Bookworm

Postby shireling » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Howdy! :welcome: Glad to meet you :) !

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 am

Thanks Shireling :) worked today. I hate work >.< Well, I hate my schedule this week anyways. Work for a week straight. Ick!!! Now, I know a lot of people do but I still hate it because I'm not used to it. Also I was told I was only going to get 15-20 hours a week but I'm getting 28. Not that I'm complaining, I need that money, but I wish they would've told me that they were increasing my hours anyways.
I feel bad though because the other girl they hired only gets 12 hours at min wage and she has to drive about 20 minutes. With gas at 3.85 it's not really worth it for 12 hours.

Onto other news, I had breakfast for dinner :) Made me so happy. Though my friends had a LOTR marathon - starting with the original Hobbit. I'm so jealous that I couldn't go.

Well, I think that's it. That's all I gotta say for now.
-A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 am

Frustration day! :mad: Worked with one of my favorite coworkers, but I'm kind of angry at her. Tomorrow I work 8-4 and she wanted me to work her 2-10 as well. Like Sorry but I can't!! We're not even allowed to be alone until 10, so yeah.
So now she's decided to pull a no call, no show and I really want to tell my manager in the morning that she's planning on doing this but then I really don't want to piss her off. When she gets mad at someone she's mad at them for forever and she makes working with her miserable.
But then I saw her writing our manager a note and I think it was to say that she's not going to come into work tomorrow. Also, tomorrow is Sunday and that means doing the Ad for the paper.
And I think I'm the one who has to do it again. :bang: :bang: It's not that it's hard it's just tedious. A LOT of counting and putting up signs and pulling signs down. Just really exhausting. :thud:
Annnnddddd- to top it off my best friend, Nathaniel, just stopped by to ask my husband to take him to the hog roast at our friend Tim's. That I can't go to. I was annoyed because they promised not to go, until Nate told me why. He just got the news that his grandmother has cancer. :( What do you say to something like that? How are you supposed to help them? I love this kid to death and I have nothing to give him but a giant hug and a shoulder to cry on if he needs it.
Which he says he won't, but I know him. He'll use it sooner or later. I hate feeling so helpless though. After my husband he's the most important person to me and I can't do anything for him. :bang:
Wel, I guess that's it. Hopefully next time I have something better to post.

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Yes! *Does a happy dance* Well I didn't have to do the ad today and the girl who wanted my hours Monday has offically taken them. :) So HURRAY!!!!

Today at work my boss Kim informed me she was going to show me the "book" so that I can start working on outdates. I've got it mostly figured out since Terri and I had to work on some today. I'm excited because I've only been there 3 months and there's so much they're trying to teach me to do that girls that have been there lots longer than me don't know how to do.

On the other hand Nate got wasted last night - which I knew that was going to happen, but still sad. It wouldn't have been so bad though except he then hit a guy >.< So at 2 AM this morning we got a call asking us to pick him up because he needed to come home.

But I guess he's doing okay today which is good. I'm exhausted though I think I'm going to get off for today and take a bath and then watch the movie Safe.

Because Jason Statham is my absolute FAVORITE Actor. <3

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 am

Why do men suck? I mean that. Chris has been complaining for the last fewk months that I never say what kind of guys I like. He really wants to know for some reason. So today, while cooking myself lunch, I happen to tell him that I think our friend Seth is cute and that I bet he would look good naked.

Later today he decided he's going to tell everyone - and he has. :bang: :( So now I'm really embarrassed and I don't really want to go anywhere near our guy friends.

And then he wonders why I don't tell him things. Why would you do that? Why would you tell everyone something someone has told you in confidence?

I'm so frustrated right now.

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Yesterday we had a store meeting and our boss, Sue, brought us pizza!! Found out it was because we had an image inspection and we passed with 97% - well I think the exact number was 96.6, so I'm rounding up and because we passed Sue bought us pizza. That was pretty much the meeting. :lol:
After the meeting I went and checked on my mom - she's been sick this last week and I wanted to see how she was doing. Well, she's doing good so we went shopping and out to Wendys. She's still not eating good, but at least she did eat some.
She dropped me off at Matt & Nate's place and we hung out there for the rest of the night, playing Apples to Apples and drinking. :roll: Then Nate ran out of toliet paper and we were all getting hungry so Chris, Nate, and myself walked down the road to a pizza place called Good Times, while they ordered the food I ran across the street to the Marathon and bought them T.P, because I'm nice like that. ;)
Anyways, on the way back Nate and I fell into deep discussion and I feel bad because Chris was left with no idea as to what we were talking about. I hate full moons though. We had one last night and whenever there's one Nate always acts like an ass - or he gets really depressed.
Chris ended up going home at like 10:30 because he was supposed to work today and I stayed to watch The Avengers. I've seen it once, but I really really like it. We've determined that we're all one of them.
Chris - Tony Stark/Ironman
Matt - Bruce Banner/Hulk
Austin - Captain America
Nick - Loki
Seth - Hawkeye
Nate - Thor
Me - Black Widow

Why do I end up with Seth as a love interest? Creepy. After the movie Nate brought me home, it was an awkward ride since we've discussed more than I ever thought we would... He was getting ready to say something when we pulled off, but I hugged him and then jumped out of the car. I'm too afraid to hear what he had to say.

Anyways, Chris is sick as a dog today and I gotta be in to work at four, so fun times.

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:16 am

The last couple of days have been crap for me. Yesterday I found out Chris is leaving Tuesday morning for work up north and won't be back until sometime Wednesday, so that sucks because those are my days off. Also, we got into it really bad last night.

I found some stuff on our computer that he had hidden and we got into it about it. Really bad - I'm the hot head in the relationship, constantly walking out. Last night he walked out, I was so afraid he wouldn't come back I felt frozen to the computer. I desperately wanted to call someone, talk to them about it, but I couldn't bring myself to leave the chair. I was terrified.

He came back though. I tried to get him to talk to me about it, we both said really hurtful things. I'm honestly still questioning how we're supposed to make a come-back from this. He won't talk to me though. He insists everything is fine between us, but everything does not FEEL fine. It feels tense and scary and like we're trying to say goodbye without saying goodbye or leaving.

I've been with Chris for four years, we've been married for about 2.5 of them. I don't know what life would be without him. I haven't even been single for seven years - the day after my ex broke up with me Chris was asking me out.

I don't know how to be single, I don't know how to be alone - and I'm terrified that's what's going to happen.

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Been having bad nightmares again. It seems like they always come around this time of year and I can't help but wonder if it's because this is when the bad happened. Nate's been having them too, he won't talk about it but I can tell. He zones out a lot and seems on edge.

Thankfully I haven't been screaming *yet*, so Chris is blissfully unaware of the horror that stalks me at night. He keeps telling me I should go to bed, I stay up until one or two AM. I don't want to sleep though, so I stay awake until my body forces me to sleep. If I didn't have to work I would stay up all the time. Wish I had insomnia right now.

People tell me "Oh you don't want that." Well, I'd rather have insomnia than watch my loved ones burn alive every night. I wake up most days more tired than when I went to bed.

Though I will give the nightmares one thing - I have to be losing weight. I wake up drenched in sweat every morning. Not my ideal way to lose the weight though. Today I've gotten six hours of sleep - which is actually pretty good for me.

It's almost 10 AM here, but I think I'll lay back down and try to sleep some more. The nightmares aren't as bad during the daytime, wonder why that is....

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm coming down with a cold. I hate colds, the good news is that *so far* it's not as bad as Chris's was. My throats a little sore, but nothing I can't manage and I have a stuffy nose. I just hope it doesn't get worse. At least after tomorrow I'll have two days to recuperate if it does.

Volunteered at the Food Bank today. It was enjoyable I guess. They had be doing Carry-Out today which means that if someone can't carry their box, or if they come in with two boxes, I help them through the line and to their car. There were six of us doing Carry Out and at one point all of us were in use.

While you wait though you can sit in the chair they have there and talk. I talked a lot with Elena - who got me to volunteer, and Jesse - a guy I went to school with. It's only an hour and a half of work too, so that's nice. Glad it's over today though because I don't feel well.

I'm supposed to clean the apartment, call the doctor, pay the water bill, and go to Dollar General... I'm thinking maybe I'll just curl up on the couch and play my video game instead.

-A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am

My cold is getting worse. I've been in my pjs all day wrapped in a blanket watching TV and playing my video game. I should read my book, but I just cant seem to get into it.

Chris is gone all day and won't be home until tomorrow so I don't know what I'm going to do for sleep. I don't sleep well when he's gone. I think it's because I'm so used to his body that it feels weird to have the whole bed again.

Stopped at the Shell today and bought some Gatorade to drink. Hoping that will help with my cold. I found out one of the girls put in her two weeks, so we're hiring again. Celeste (that's the girl who put in her two weeks) also keeps me entertained so I'm going to miss her. She thinks I should be with Nate, but we all know that won't happen.

For some reason she really hates Chris. I don't ask anymore, her answers don't really make sense, other than she really thinks I should be with Nate. :roll: I don't know but I work with her tomorrow so I'm hoping I'm better in the morning. She has four kids and one isn't quite two yet and I would hate to get them sick.

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Well, Celeste had decided the last couple of days she's worked to pull a no call/no show, so that's terrific. Thankfully this week she only worked two days, so covering her shifts aren't hard, just annoying. Today, I guess, she stopped in to see what she worked for the week and they told her not to worry about it because they covered her shifts.
She's claiming that they fired her and we're all like "Umm... no you just did a voluntary quit." :roll: But she's been saying for the last week that "we're out to get her". Like wtf? :wtf: We've got other things to do and worry about than trying to get her fired.
Anyways, I work tonight and I'm volunteering tomorrow, but then I have tomorrow off so maybe I'll just chill at home after I finish at the Food Bank and watch old movies.
Or finish my book.
Speaking of which, I just watched Dark Shadows and I loved it. Helena Bonham Carter is definately one of my favorite actresses and, even though she plays a small role, she's great at her characters. Though Tim Burton is constantly killing her characters off; makes me wonder about their marriage.
Today I don't have to be to work until four and you can tell, because I'm slacking horribly. I should get around for the day, but here I am at almost 2 PM still in my pjs.
It also seems our apartment has like no heat so I'm freezing, which is another reason I don't want to get around. I don't want to put on my flimsy work shirt.
*Sigh* But I suppose I should quit wasting time on the computer and get some lunch and a shower in. Hope everyone has a lovely afternoon. I'll try to post some more on my stories when I get home tonight.

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Food bank today in like 15 minutes. Kind of nervous, not sure why. I'm always nervous about things until I get into them, then I'm like "Okay, let's do this!" Weirdo me.
Actually, funny story - at my wedding my maid of honor (aka my sister) and my mother were stressed to the max and freaking out. They were trying to figure out how they were going to decorate the church when there was only a couple of hours until the wedding. Finally I looked at them and said "Well, you're both around... couldn't you do it now?" They looked at me like I just gave them a revalation. "Yeah, I guess we could." Duh.
My sister was amazed at how calm I was. The funny thing is, I was fine. They had to force me to eat, because I'd forgotten but I was fine otherwise. UNTIL...
I started walking down the aisle. Then I wasn't sure if I was going to faint or crying. I did neither, I'm proud to say. One of our groomsmen did pass out though. LOL.
Anyways, after the food bank I've got cleaning to do then I'm going to try to catch up on Season 4 of Castle, though I'm already watching season 5. Tonight is NCIS (YAY)! Tomorrow is work (BOO).
Well, I'm off - my ride should be here within the next 5 minutes.

- A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 pm

They're letting Celeste come back. :wtf: Sue says she has to according to Human Resources, so now she's back until she quits again. And it's all because one of the girls decided to tell her she wasn't on the schedule anymore. :mad:
On a happier note: I'm going to do some Christmas shopping with my mom today. Hoping to get Chris's christmas presents done, though I have no idea what to get him.
Chris rented me four movies the other night. Rock of Ages, The Raven, Prometheus, and Battleship. I won't watch Prometheus, but I watched the rest. Rock of Ages was okay, the story line was kind of messed up, but the music was excellent. Found out that Tom Cruise actually sang his songs - he's really good.
The Raven was excellent! I loved it so much, I kind of want to own it. Battleship was probably my favorite. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes either 1) Alien movies, 2) Transformers, 3) Navy Movies, or 4) war-like movies. Alexander Skarsgaurd (Eric from True Blood) plays in it too. *squee* So that made it much, much better for me.

Well, I should start getting around for the day.

-A1

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Worked the last couple of days and it was crazy. Saturday we supposably had someone steal an 18 pack, according to Celeste, I didn't really catch anything but the car as they were driving away, but when Kim (our assistant manager) looked at the videos she couldn't find anything. So who knows.
Last night Vermontville lost power, so we were crazy busy. There's three other stores in Nashville (where I live) but Carls closes at either 5 or 6 on Sundays. So that leaves Shell, Marathon, and Dollar General. After 9 it's just the two gas stations. I used to work at the Marathon so I know there's not much in the way of groceries over there. So we were slammed.
At one point both of us girls were running register, all of the pumps were in use, and we had a line that went almost all the way to the back door... and people were still coming in.
Needless to say, we were never bored.
Oh and my ex is back in town. My crazy ex who now is in the military. He's married with two kids, but there's still a lot of tension between us because 1) we had a bad break up and 2) he came to my wedding and asked me to go back to him. Since then we don't really speak. Thankfully I've moved since he's been gone and he doesn't know where. So one plus in my favor.
Today is cleaning though, then a party for Seth. It's his 23rd so fun fun fun. I gotta get stuff to make cupcakes for him.
OH! And most of my christmas shopping is done. I've got my mom, Chris's parents, and my neice and nephew to shop for and then I'm done. I also got Nate's shirt done since we were in Battle Creek and I've only been promising him it for a year.
It turned out really well, it's got a picture of Tony being Gibbs slapped by Gibbs and underneath it says "Thanks Boss." It's sort of an inside joke because any time anyone does that to Nate his response is the same as Tony's - he just says "Thanks Boss." And it only cost me $30 to buy the T-shirt and get the print on there.
There's a store here in Nashville that does them, but it cost $14 dollars for the shirt alone, so with the print it would probably cost more. And yea, I probably spent that in gas, but I was going to Battle Creek anyways, so it's not like I made a trip out of my way for just the shirt.
Well, I'd better go so I can get this house clean!

- A1

Return to “Journals”