The Rambling Thoughts of a Bookworm

Create and maintain a daily journal here.
Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Re: The Rambling Thoughts of a Bookworm

Postby Arwen#1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Well, I didn't make Seth's cupcakes last night. Also didn't go to the food bank this morning. I've been working on cleaning up the apartment, and I mean really cleaning it and making it seem spotless - it's a lot of work because Chris usually just throws his stuff wherever and I'm just as bad when I get home from work at night.

Last night was Seth's party and it was fun. Again, I was the only girl to show up, but that's nothing unusual really. They played Pokemon for awhile and then we played Apples to Apples. I love that game. Nick and Seth tied for winners - we played to 20 cards. Nick and Seth tied, then Chris, Me, Nate, and Matt came in last.

Got trashed last night - we all did with the exceptions of Nick and Seth. Matt was the worst though, I'm wondering if he'll remember anything when he gets up. I'm a lightweight because I don't really drink a lot, so I had only a couple of vodkas and weeee I was off like a crazy person. Apparently, I find the word bananas funny when I'm drunk. Nate is a depressed drunk though, which sort of kept me down to Earth.

Matt however. WOW! He's halarious, had us cracking up all night. At one point we told him he was cut off because he was slurring his words and his response? "I'm speaking good fine." Umm... sure Matt whatever you say.

Thankfully by the time he started insisting that English was written in Japanese we were wrapping up for the night. When we left, Nate was playing Rumble Roses, Nick was passing out on the couch, and Matt was sitting by Nate repeating the word "Boobs".

Got home and went to bed. Now I'm up and cleaning again. Surprisingly, minus a slight headache, I'm not hung over - I say that's a plus, but I think I'm going to stay inside today. It's below freezing over here and I don't like the cold thanks.

- A1
"We're all a little crazy, just some of us are better at hiding it."

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Well, it's cold, I'm sick, and I don't work today so I guess it's a good day to update this.

Wow, it's been awhile. Where to start? Christmas has come and gone. Good Christmas this year too. Celeste doesn't work at Shell anymore. Actually we have a lot of new people since I last posted but we won't get into all the boring details.

I'm in love with Doctor Who now. A few months back my friend Ashley gave me the first season of the new Doctor Who to watch and now I'm all caught up with this series and am trying to find the episodes for the classic Doctor Who. Unfortunately I can't seem to find episode 13 of the first season anywhere online. It's very frustrating for me. :mad:

What else? Not really much else, life just keeps going. Still work at Shell. About a month ago we have interviews because we're hiring a second Assistant Manager and I'm hoping I get it, but we still haven't heard anything about anyone getting the job yet.

Last month I was promoted to Grocery Girl at Shell. Which ticked off the other grocery girl, because she no longer does them now. But I move almost three times as fast as she does and I do it the way the managers like, so I got it. I feel sort of bad though because J9 (That's what we call her - her name is Janine) has been doing groceries for years.

What else? Nate moved in with Chris and I last month. It's kind of nice because now if I need to talk to him he's here. But then there's this issue now where I'm afraid to talk to him about anything that might be potentially awkward because he lives here...

Ugh. Frustrating.

Anyways, this year instead of buying presents for all the guys we're having a secret santa. My person is Matt and I really don't know what to get him, but at least I just have to get for him and not all six of them.

Well, I guess that's it for now.
Oh, Gaming Tonight. And season 6 premiere of Castle. *SQUEE*

-A1
"We're all a little crazy, just some of us are better at hiding it."

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:11 pm

It is so good to see you here, sweetie :hug: !

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Journals”