The Lord of the Rings Online

locksley
House Elf

The Lord of the Rings Online

Postby locksley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:48 pm

So are Annamariah and I the only two Rbers playing this? ;)

I've been enjoying LOTRO for over a year now, and really looking forward to the next expansion. (which I assume will take us to Rohan.)
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

vispera
Mome Rath

Re: The Lord of the Rings Online

Postby vispera » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:19 am

MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

And, of course, it's all thanks to you and your screen shots, Locks! :D

I'm so terribly addicted. Still playing more hours than I care to recount. lol Sorry to say...don't think I'm making it back over to Elendilmere. Too ingrained in my kin over on Windfola now. :p

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:25 am

LOL I'm very glad to have gotten you interested in the game, and that you are enjoying it so much. :):):)

It's really a shame, though, that we're on different servers. :(

So what area(s) are you up to at this point? Did you roll any other toons, or are you just sticking to your hunter? :)

These days, I'm keeping busy running the Mirkwood 6 and 12-man instances. :D

I also just crafted an awesome new bow, so I've been doing some skirmish-grinding to up the tiers. ;)

Finally picked up the blue roan festival horse today ... I think it's a close second to that pretty paint horse you can get with Annúminas reputation. (though why they call that horse 'chestnut' is beyond me :?)

Well, again, I'm happy you're enjoying yourself!
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

vispera
Mome Rath

Postby vispera » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm

I know, it is a shame we're on different servers. But alas, one day as I was roaming Windfola, a very kind person spoke to me and asked me to join his kin. And I thought, well, why not? heheh. And now I've got a lotro family. Poor vispy is stranded on Elendilmere tho.

Ery, my elf hunter, is now lvl 64 -- ALMOST 65. I could probably hit 65 in a day or two but I'm taking my time. Not in a hurry. I selectively picked my way though Moria...still working on my set of rad gear. I have my goat!!! I only run instances with my kin or half kin and half pug. So it's taking me awhile. I LOVE Loth...I spend time there just riding my horses or sitting in my favorite flet. Recently upgraded my house, too. I'm known for my many outfits and needed more storage space. LOL I recently started exploring Mirk and really like the Haunted Inn area. :D

I got both the festival horses yesterday...and rode them all through Loth. I have the vol 1 horse, too! :D Love it. Don't have any other rep horses yet tho.

I rolled a warden and she is now lvl 34. I'm hoping to get her to 35 before the week is out so she can get at least one festival horse. I am struggling a bit with melee verses ranged but it's getting easier the more I practice in skirmishes. Haven't taken the warden out in any big groups yet. Afraid I'll be asked to tank or off-tank and I don't think I'd do well! :lol

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Nice that you are almost 65!
Also very glad you found a kin you like so much. :D

I have my original kin still, (a very small group I've known almost from the start) plus another larger kin we often play with that has pretty much 'adopted' me as well lol. So that works out well for me.

Pretty much every person in my kin (including myself) has storage issues for one reason or another. As much as they give you, it's never enough :lol:

I think my favorite area in the game is still the Misty Mountains. I love it up there. :D

LOVE the white volume-one horse. I usually go back and forth between that one and the black Mirkwood horse, mainly because they're the toughest of the lot. Besides those, I have the paint horse, last year's festival horse (won in the lottery) and now the ones from this year.
Oh, and my goat. ;)

I've been working, here and there, on completing the Meta-Deeds to get the Dunedain Warhorse and Black goat. :D

I think you'll really enjoy your warden once you level her up ... they can be pretty awesome at the higher levels. Soloing, I really think they are superior to all the other classes in the game.
I've played with warden tanks in the Dol Guldur instances, and they generally do a great job. Being that they are a proactive tank in a group, (whereas a guardian is reactive) I do think it's a harder job for wardens because they have to think a bit ahead. ;)

Here's a link to a screenshot of Talinos, (wouldn't fit in the actual thread) plus a shot of my lovely new reforged 2nd-age bow. (It's maxed out to 70 finally!) I got really lucky in that I crafted it with my very first Symbol of Celebrimbor, and it turned out so awesome :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... eenCap.jpg

It's an excellent solo bow, but I was also glad to get the merciful shot cooldown legacy since it helps groups with corruption removal.

vispera
Mome Rath

Postby vispera » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Nice bow! I loved barbed arrow bleed. I have it on my old third age, which I don't usually use anymore since the dps on my second age is so much higher now. That third age is almost lvl 60 and will be deconned. :( I'll be sad to see it go. Hopefully I'll get some excellent stuff from it.

So, how does merciful shot remove corruption?

I'll have to take a screenie of my bow. It was made for me by an excellent kinnie.

Warden is 35 and has the blue roan. :D

I'm glad you like the Misty Mountains...someone has to. lol I don't mind it but I didn't adventure there much at all and it isn't my favorite. I detest Trollshaws. I always get so.darn.lost there!! I'm slowly starting to learn my way around but I'm afraid it's too late...we hates it my preciousss....

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm

As far as the deconning goes, I wish they would allow you to make trophies of your old weapons, to put in your house. ;)

I love barbed arrow bleed as well. It would have been nice to also get Quick Shot Slow, but you can't have everything. :P

When you gain 'Improved' Merciful Shot at level 52, it can then remove up to 3 corruptions on a target every time you use it. (in addition to it's regular purpose of massive hits) If you mouse-over the skill, it says this as well. So normally that's every 30 seconds; with the cooldown legacy maxed, it reduces to every 20 seconds. It's really nice in groups when other classes have the corruption removals on cooldown.
Is that what you wanted to know?

I think the ride through the Trollshaws to the Ford is gorgeous, but I'm with you in that I don't like the area because it's so easy to get lost.
And while I appreciate the graphics/structure of Moria, I have a terrible time wandering around in there, particularly the Dolven View area. I almost always take a stable goat through there lol.

Worst area for me: most all of ANGMAR. HATE IT. :lol: Again, I appreciate the graphics and gloomy atmosphere, but I really hate traveling through it. (However, Carn Dum is fun!)

The one thing I'm really enjoying now is the first part of the Barad Guldur raid in Dol Guldur ... the Gauntlet. It's this fast-paced race up several flights of the fortress ... so much fun! :D

I really love everything about this game, but just for fun here are some things that frustrate Tal (besides Angmar, which is at the top of my list lol)

1. The Drownholt
2. Hornblowers
3. Ridiculously fast respawn when you're NOT grinding them for a deed
4. Wargs that can stealth (when they are near death) in the middle of battle in the Moors
5. Really looooooooooong stuns, particularly when standing in fire or acid
6. the lag in the 21rst Hall
7. Getting to the final boss in a raid and having everything reset before you take him down (Ahem ... the Lieutenant and his Mount in BG ... )
8. Getting knocked off horse with a one-shot
9. Breaking my leg (or worse, dying) from what Tal considers a short fall
10. Birds and Bats ... though mostly bats ... not friends of the bow-wielding hunter. :D

vispera
Mome Rath

Postby vispera » Tue May 11, 2010 9:12 pm

So, my best weapon is a lvl 60 second age, which one of my favoritest kinnies made me. I heard that lvl 65 second agers are rare - how on earth do you get those??

I feel Tal with the birds and the bats. Ugh. :lol:

I've been deeding on the warden and crafting a lot lately, haven't done too much in the way of quests. Eryn has been spending quite a bit of time in the Misty Mountains farming black ash wood for Sunnwyn, the warden. lol Still working on getting my full set of Moria rad gear...oh hey. So I've heard people will mix and match the Moria and Mirkwood rad. What have you done for Tal?

Ran SG for the first time a few nights ago. o.m.g. We wiped so many times...it was a full kin group and half of us had never been in before. The third boss was particularly tricky...we could not manage to burn him down fast enough. I had to quit eventually and ultimately all the kinnies dropped except for two old pros who picked up a group to finish. I guess I'll have to try again but I so don't want to. lol

I've been coordinating chicken runs for my kin. We run them every other Fri...still working on the quests, and after that we'll start the deeds. It's a lot of fun, especially now that we have vent set up. :D

Here's two pics for you, one of Eryniel and one of Eryniel and Euphoria in Barandalf (my fave action shot so far):

Image Image

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Wed May 12, 2010 5:27 am

Great piccies. Love the action shot. :D

You have to craft the level 65 second-ages. (go figure, crafting a 'old' weapon lol ... I like to say 'reforge' instead :D) It requires a SYMBOL OF CELEBRIMBOR, which is dropped (now and then) from the third boss of SG in Mirkwood.

And speaking of your favorite boss lol ... yep, Gorothul can be tricky. What works best is if you have both a burg and a loremaster in your group (to keep the loremasters and sorcerers stunned). In place of one of those, a hunter also works pretty well using bard's arrow, just not as well as a burg/loremaster combo. I think that's mainly because the bard's arrow tends to get resisted more often than the mezzes of the other toons.
Once you get used to Gorothul, and keeping the main adds under control, it's honestly not so bad a fight. The big thing is keeping those guys mezzed (or killing them) and trying to avoid being thrown into the bone piles.

I've run SG successfully with several different group makeups, but I would say the ideal group make-up is this: Guardian/Captain/Hunter/Burg/Loremaster/Minstrel.

You'll get it! It's quite a fun instance once you get the hang of it, and so worth it if you win the symbol. :)

The fourth, final boss in SG is quite easy in comparison to. Plus he drops some really nice stuff for hunters: Ril-Mir (a ring) and Bregloch (an earring).
My kin runs SG alot because of the possibility of the symbol of Celebrimbor dropping.
And if you need money over a weapon, they sell for an average of 90-100 Gold in the auction house. ;)

Gear: All things total, the Great Bow armor set (from the Moria instances) is still the best armor for a hunter. This is mainly due to the set bonuses you get; wearing 4 pieces gives you extra agility and power. Wearing 6 pieces gets you cooldown reductions in Needful Haste and Intent Concentration.
I only wear my full set of top radiance gear when I'm doing the Barad Guldur raid in Mirkwood. I keep most of it in my bags. ;)
Most days Tal is running around in 4 pieces of Great Bow armor (legs, chest, gauntlets, boots) and two pieces of the Swift Arrow (Mirkwood) radiance gear. (the helm has +45 vitality, which is really nice)

Chicken runs .... gotta love them!

I'm so glad you're having so much fun in the game too. I just love it. :D

Withywindle
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Withywindle » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Me and Dobber are joining Elendilmir on the US servers. This is due to Dobs joining the free set up on there without realising. I was on a euro server so am going to swap over. Mainly as we reckon most of you yankees will be asleep while our two hobbits blunder around...

Taken our time joining up as we were awaiting the freebie option!
Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune / Something to make us all happy / Do anything to take us out of this gloom / Sing a song, play guitar / Make it snappy ...

Return to “MMOs”