Evony

Chaser
N00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Evony

Postby Chaser » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Anyone tried this game?

Its quite fun and played in real time, lots of pateince needed but fun.

Check it out www.evony.com :geek:

User avatar
Azriel
Crimebuster
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Evony

Postby Azriel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:40 pm

The raunchy ads for this game totally put me off even considering giving it a look.
They actually make me angry. I don't need my eyes assaulted by women's boobage on every flippin website I visit. (so I got ad block plus and now never see them, hehe)
I don't doubt your word that it's a fun game, but their ads have definitely had the opposite of intended effect on me.
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

User avatar
Shuggy
Wyvern
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 am
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Re: Evony

Postby Shuggy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Azriel wrote:I don't need my eyes assaulted by women's boobage on every flippin website I visit.


Oh, I do. I positively INSIST on it, in fact!

Chaser wrote:Anyone tried this game?

Its quite fun and played in real time, lots of pateince needed but fun.


Does the boobage carry on into the game? :mrgreen:

What kind of game is it, anyway? RPG? RTS?
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

Image

User avatar
Keith
House Elf
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 am
Location: Lying dreaming in the city of R'lyeh...
Contact:

Re: Evony

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 am

Shuggy wrote:Does the boobage carry on into the game? :mrgreen:

What kind of game is it, anyway? RPG? RTS?


It's an RTS. There is no boobage in the game at all, that's why the adverts are so moronic. The slogans like "Your Queen awaits, My Lord!" and "Save your lover!" have sod-all to do with the actual gameplay. Other games have started parodying the Evony ads by doing things like showing a female character from their game with the slogan "She is actually in our game, My Lord!" :D

You can find out more about the saga of Evony's ads, the allegations that it's spyware, etc., by looking it up on Wikipedia or TV Tropes.

User avatar
Shuggy
Wyvern
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 am
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Re: Evony

Postby Shuggy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:53 am

Keith wrote:
Shuggy wrote:Does the boobage carry on into the game? :mrgreen:

What kind of game is it, anyway? RPG? RTS?


It's an RTS. There is no boobage in the game at all, that's why the adverts are so moronic. The slogans like "Your Queen awaits, My Lord!" and "Save your lover!" have sod-all to do with the actual gameplay. Other games have started parodying the Evony ads by doing things like showing a female character from their game with the slogan "She is actually in our game, My Lord!" :D

You can find out more about the saga of Evony's ads, the allegations that it's spyware, etc., by looking it up on Wikipedia or TV Tropes.


I'd heard the Spyware allegations, and I was vaguely aware of some kerfuffle surrounding the ad's, but I thought that was just the 'Daily Mail' readership knee-jerking over the fact it is a 'computer game' being advertised by norks.

So; false advertising is it? Here's Uncle Shuggy's response - No Jubblies; No Play!

Of course I am not suggesting that the only form of computer-based entertainment worth playing HAS to contain large amounts of female breastage, but I'd be hard pushed to think of a game which wouldn't be improved ever-so-slightly by a nice pair of fun-bags.
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

Image


Return to “MMOs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest