Random Stuff to Ponder...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Random Stuff to Ponder...

Postby shireling » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 pm

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:39 am

flange5:

“The United States is being led by a president who “won” an election with the open help of the Russian foreign intelligence service, which hacked the private campaign and personal emails of the president’s political opponents and released them through an organization led by a man hiding in an embassy on the run from rape charges. The president lost the popular vote by over 3 million ballots, but has proceeded to govern as if he had won a gigantic mandate and with the most aggressive partisan tactics in modern political history. The ensuing investigation into the president’s campaign ties to Russia quickly morphed into an obstruction of justice probe, as the president fired James Comey and then openly admitted to journalist Lester Holt that he did so to squash the Russia probe. A large number of the president’s associates are under indictment or have pleaded guilty to charges related to collusion with Russia during the campaign. Not once has the president criticized Vladimir Putin or taken any significant action against Russia, even as it murders dissidents in Europe in broad daylight and pursues foreign policy objectives directly against the interests of the United States. Even when the president was presented with a memo loudly blaring “DO NOT CONGRATULATE,” he nonetheless congratulated Putin after an election “victory” amid widespread allegations of intimidation and video evidence of ballot stuffing. The president’s son has bragged of getting most of the family’s real estate investments loans from Russian sources, and the shady details of Trump’s business dealings have not been made public, nor have the president’s tax returns. Intelligence sources with deep knowledge of Russia stated in the famous Steele dossier, provided as opposition research to both Democrats and Republicans, that it was openly believed that Russia had compromising material on then-candidate Trump of both a personal and financial nature. If Donald Trump were innocent of collusion with Russia, and if he were not an active blackmail target of the Russian regime, it would be in his political interest to go overboard in distancing himself from Putin and making clear his displeasure with Russia and its actions. Instead of typing “NO COLLUSION” into his twitter feed, he would prove the case by acting aggressively to punish Putin for his actions and defend American democracy from any future meddling.”

— The President Is Compromised and Everyone Knows It

(Source: washingtonmonthly.com)

Actually, the word is not 'collusion', it is conspiracy. Trump co-conspired with the Russian government. Every time Trump says collusion, say, "Conspiracy." Talk over him, shout over him, scream over him. Do not let him have the last word. He didn't earn it..

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu May 24, 2018 4:55 pm

goodblacknews:
Public Service Announcement via @the.root #fingersupdontcall

A couple years ago, my mother (who is white) was watching from her window and saw a strange young black man in her driveway. He was crouching down beside her car as if hiding behind it. She didn’t call the police. She just kept an eye on him and waited. After about a minute of coaxing, he pulled a puppy out from under her car, gently tucked the puppy under his arm and walked away while lightly scolding it.
I’m not telling this story because my mom deserves a prize or anything, but to try to relate how terrifying a simple everyday activity can be. If my mother hadn’t been the person she was—and he had no way of knowing that—rescuing a lost wandering puppy could have easily gotten that man killed.

solacekames:
“rescuing a lost wandering puppy could have easily gotten that man killed”

cricketcat9:
-a sentence sounding utterly crazy to a non-American person

(via hearthburn) - fyrichardiii

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue May 29, 2018 12:15 am

yungmethuselah:
There’s no reason you can’t eat pie at every meal. They make fruit pies, vegetable pies, meat pies, meat substitute pies, I mean pies easily cover 100% of your necessary nutrient groups. They even make cake pies. The only reason not to switch over to pie entirely is pie sucks.

altonzm:
you were so close to a revolutionary thesis and then you betrayed me and every citizen of good standing

(via hearthburn)

Tags: dessert discourse heating up -fyrichardiii

Return to “Non-Fiction”