Random Stuff to Ponder...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Random Stuff to Ponder...

Postby shireling » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:52 pm

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:21 am

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:40 pm

The Black Body Is Messy, Complicated and Whole”

The movement for Black lives must consider the bodies whom are always left behind in the quest for Black liberation: Black fat bodies, Black femme bodies, Black disabled bodies, Black stripper bodies, Black hoe bodies, Black HIV Positive Bodies, Black gender deviant bodies, Black poor bodies, Black unconventional bodies, Black depressed bodies, and Black malnourished bodies.

-Jamal T. Lewis Multidisciplinary performance artist and cultural worker living in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:02 am

Finally!

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Ice bucket challenge?
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Yep! Takes on a whole new vision when people can't drink/cook with/bathe or clean with what comes out of their taps (Flint) - never mind the droughts around the world. There was even a situation here, where a bunch of morons did the bucket challenge with an autistic teen, by dumping a pailful of piss and shit* over him. Thank God, they posted it on YouTube, and were caught.

*it's what they did - can't see why the words shouldn't reflect that.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:25 am

where a bunch of morons did the bucket challenge with an autistic teen, by dumping a pailful of piss and shit* over him. Thank God, they posted it on YouTube, and were caught.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 am

Padfoot wrote:
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Exactly.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Walking The Beat In Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, Where A New Day Began Together

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/11/469846519 ... n-together

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:53 am

Good Morning! Sure hope you're not running late today!

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod ... e-how-come

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:00 pm

neilnevins:

Had a dream that McDonald’s had a big ad campaign that just said “WE HAVE IT” in black cryptic writing. So I went to a drive thru and said “I saw the sign. Can I have it” and the speaker was silent for a solid ten seconds before saying “do you think you’re ready” in my voice and I screamed and drove away

(via doodbog) - from fyrichardiii

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 am

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Among all the bad news coming from Hollywood this is a ray of light.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:42 pm

I think the behaviour towards Kevin Spacey is hypocritical. It wasn't actually a secret (or more likely it was an open secrete) he's gay. Same goes for Harvey Weinstein. All those people who tolerated his behaviour over the decades now pointing their fingers at him is just hypocritical. and it makes me throw up. There won't be any real change. - from Padfoot

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm

shireling wrote:
I think the behaviour towards Kevin Spacey is hypocritical. It wasn't actually a secret (or more likely it was an open secrete) he's gay. Same goes for Harvey Weinstein. All those people who tolerated his behaviour over the decades now pointing their fingers at him is just hypocritical. and it makes me throw up. There won't be any real change. - from Padfoot

I don't understand it myself. I finally went off on the beast who has been treating women badly for a least the past 40 years. I called his cell, and when he answered, I just let him have it. I've seen people move out of town to get away from him; a handful of us have stood up to him over the years, but he's a vindictive old turd, and he will make your life a living hell. When a dear friend died last week, and he acted like a fool at her funeral, that did it. I was just so done with him. Why the men around him did nothing, is a mystery to me. This is a religious community I'm talking about, so you've got this thinking that it's wrong to hold people accountable for their behavior. Sure, as individuals, you're supposed to forgive, you know, the sin-covering eye and all that.

But, if you are the ones in charge - part of the hierarchy, a church board, or assembly - that's inappropriate. You take care of business, and you don't wait until the Congregation starts doing it for you, like the Roman Catholic Church has. And I really think, I really do, that they don't get it. They simply don't understand what all the fuss is about, and it's because these were not women that they were having sex with (they took a vow of celibacy from them) but kids! A girl isn't a woman, she's a kid. It doesn't say they can't screw children; some of these bastards are saying the children 'seduced' them! I'm not making this up. I really think these guys thought they'd get a pass for just this reason.

As for Kevin Spacey, he's just as bad. He had no business touching those young men without consent; it doesn't have anything at all to do with him being gay. And I'm right with you when it comes to Weinstein, who may actually be facing prison. Didn't anybody teach these guys anything about keeping their hands to themselves?

Just look at George W. Bush, grabbing Angela Merkel by the shoulders and scaring the bejesus out of her. Would he have done that to another man at that table? Hell, no, of course not. Men don't do that to each other; they respect the other guy's personal space. He thought he was being cute, and the Prime Minister handled it the way most women do. I mean, what are you going to do about it? The camera's were on them, and she did what she had to in order to move on. I felt for her - somebody did that to me once, when Mike was little, but he was a complete stranger. We were alone, counting the money from a Bingo Night at a special education camp. He went to the men's room, came back and was on me like a hawk. However, I screamed and he 'bout jumped out of his skin. I'll bet he never did that again. Pathetic.

Return to “Non-Fiction”