Pets...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Pets...

Postby shireling » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 am

Amy's appointment went well, though the trip was daunting. She went into the carrier okay, but as we walked out to the car, she cried and peed. A pale yellow waterfall cascaded over the lip of the door, and pattered on the blacktop, splattering Duane's shoes. Fortunately I'd laid down two piddle pads and they caught quite a bit in spite of her.

When we got there, the receptionist sprayed a towel and laid it over the door of the carrier. We sat there for about ten minutes, and saw that Amy had calmed down. Doctor B. came in and recognized me; she took our paperwork from Banfield and added it to her file. I tolld her that I wanted a wellness visit, and when she asked if there was anything else, I lost it and sobbed that I was afraid she had the sugar -
due to the mass drinking/mass peeing of the past couple of months. I got handed a tissue, and was told that it could be other stuff, not good stuff, but bad, like kidneys and thyroid.

By the time they opened the carrier, our girl was like a floppy plush kitty (it's a hormone they used on the towel.) And they took her to the back. They drew blood and checked her over. And from the pads, they were able to collect enough urine for testing. That was the best, because the labs came back good yesterday morning. Except for the UA.

No diabetes, no thyroid, no kidney disease - but - the urinalysis showed she has a UTI. So, we went this morning and she got a injection of antibiotics. That should kill it; it lasts about two weeks. We opted for that because I don't think I could get the other choices in her. Tasha was a surreptitious spitter, and I was way better at handling that kind of thing back in the day than now. All the tech did was open the carrier door, give her the shot and close it. She didn't have to move a muscle.

Otherwise Amy's a pound heavier, her teeth are good and clean, and they found a hair in her ear (that was what was tickling her when I saw her scratching.) No mites or any other free-loaders. I asked if I should change her food, because canned food does a better job with the blood sugar (an ounce of prevention, I'm thinking.) I was told to just add some to her kibble. So, I picked up these SHEBA little wee pates of salmon, chicken, tuna and turkey (about 1.3 ounces a kidney-shaped container), and I gave her one when we got home. Scarfed it right down :D . There's been no reaction to the shot, and I feel a whole lot better. I hope she does, too :lol: .

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm so glad to hear this! The UTI should be over in a few days. Timmy gives her a high-5-paw!
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:01 pm

:lmao: Right back at you, Timmy! She is better - less drinking, less peeing, and more demanding of attention :D .

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:51 am

(Source: bestdogmemes, via themiddleliddle)

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Guilty Dog Apologizes for Stealing Baby's Toy

http://fuckyeahrichardiii.tumblr.com/po ... -skate-dog

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 pm

robotlyra:
Judith beheading Holofernes

(Source: nartress, via danainthedogpark) -fyrichardiii

Return to “Non-Fiction”