Knight and Day

Any movies that don't fall under the other categories can be discussed in here
Azriel
Crimebuster

Knight and Day

Postby Azriel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:29 pm

I just saw this movie over the weekend with my fiance.

He thought it was fun, I thought it sucked horribly.

It's basically a plotless action movie with ridiculously unoriginal stereotyped characters, lame dialogue, and quick cuts anytime it looks like plot might be approaching.
If this movie were meant to be a parody, it would have been good.
Cruise is an unbelievable rogue secret agent who performs a series of inexplicable/unexplained actions in a suave and calm manner - making casual comments and cracking jokes while being Mr.Awesome Agent Dude. Diaz is a ditzy, blonde plot device (possibly a misnomer, since there is little resembling a plot) who is dragged from scene to scene alternately screaming and being unconscious.

Sometimes action movies can be unbelievable but still good - Mr. and Mrs. Smith for instance. But the unbelievability has to be of a certain type, and there still needs to be good dialogue and plot to move the story forward. Knight and Day lacked everything needed for a good movie.
Despite being in a movie theater I couldn't stop myself from muttering aloud a couple times when the dialogue got particularly vacuous.
I want my money back.

Other opinions? Am I being too harsh?
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

Return to “Other Movies”