Kung Fu Panda 2

Any movies that don't fall under the other categories can be discussed in here
MsBrandybuck
Wyvern

Kung Fu Panda 2

Postby MsBrandybuck » Tue May 31, 2011 5:48 pm

I saw Kung Fu Panda 2 this past weekend.
My family was looking for something we would all enjoy, and this is what we decided on.

The first movie, Kung Fu Panda, was very enjoyable but I had little faith that a 2nd movie would be good and even less faith when I heard that it was in 3D.

We were pleasantly surprised! The movie was good and the 3D was amazing! I am glad to see that they've gotten away from using the red & blue glasses to effect their 3rd dimension and instead the glasses were grey polarized, and the effect was much more pronounced and eye-popping. I actually flinched a few times when it appeared things were fyling out of the screen toward me.

The plotline was not exactly fresh - but it was done well with equal parts seriousness and hilarity. If you've seen Kung Fu Panda and want to go see a fun move, go see Panda # 2.
"Today is a good day to die."
— Worf

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Re: Kung Fu Panda 2

Postby Candy Kane » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 pm

What Ms B said. Amazing movie, even in 2D. I just got back from watching it with the other half.

Great storyline, even if it's not original. Yes, it gets corny in places, but in the right places. Jack Black was born to play Po, and Gary Oldman is fantastic as Lord Shen. Pixar's great strength has always been the characterization, and they've got it spot on here.
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Okay. Panda One is on TV later this week - I haven't seen it yet.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 pm

See it! It's absolutely flippin' brilliant!
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

Return to “Other Movies”