Elijah Wood

Enjoy the work of a particular actor/actress? Let us know about it in here.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Elijah Wood

Postby shireling » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 am

I copied this from A&F:

:: While we've been waiting on a new movie role for Elijah, he and his reps have landed a television deal instead! Looks like Lij will be staring in a TV sitcom pilot entitled Wilfred that's based on the popular Australian comedy of the same name. This is Elijah's first leading role on sitcom television and I know I speak for all of us when I say congratulations and good luck!
You can read more at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 1745367150

I haven't been this excited since that time he moved to New York and we were in the same time zone!!!

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

barkybree
Mome Rath

Re: Elijah Wood

Postby barkybree » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:35 pm

So although the premise of this series seems ... well, goofy isn't the right word at all. Ridiculously stupid is two words ... I'll keep trying....

Anyway, I think Elwood would actually be pretty good at comedy. I remember his stint as host on SNL during the ROTK hubbub, it was brilliant! He showed good comic timing that, under the right guidance, could end up saving his career. I've also seen some snippets of comedy in a few of his guest appearances and what-not.

Yeah, I said it. I think he's slid too far under the radar now, and his last live performances were pretty weak IMO. I wasn't even impressed with his voiceover work ("Happy Feet" was brilliant, but primarily because of the music). "Nine" was pretty good, but he wasn't the stand-out talent in that film either. He needs to shift direction, and if he finds the right comic vehicle, it could help him out.

I also think he'd play a maaaaad-ass serial killer. We saw that very briefly in Sin City. He can definitely play a sadistic creep Hell, he could probably be a great Riddler in a well-written Chris Nolan Batman flick.

Anyway, this sitcom idea sounds pretty bad. I hope it works.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 am

barkybree wrote:...I hope it works.

Me too.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:56 am

Happy 33rd Birthday, Elijah!

Return to “Fandom”