The Sean Bean/Boromir Appreciation Thread

Enjoy the work of a particular actor/actress? Let us know about it in here.
Vairë
Crimebuster

Re: The Sean Bean/Boromir Appreciation Thread

Postby Vairë » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 pm

:lol: Yes, I had mixed feelings when I learned he was cast as Ned Stark, knowing what a wonderful "good guy" character he was but that he would end up dead AGAIN. Someone at YouTube has made up a video collection of Sean's death scenes. :/ I found it by accident when watching some other clip and clicked on it, but it was awfully hard to watch and I had to quit after about a minute. It was pretty grizzly. :(

How are you, Paddy? Anything new in your life? All my beloved birds have crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge except one. I am entrusted with the care of Mom's parrotlet, Kermit, now. Mom still lives with us and her health is very poor, but at 94... My daughter moved out with her almost-fiance and took her chinchilla with her, but left me her rabbit because his cage and surroundings are too big for their suite, and Barley and I have sort of "bonded" anyway. :lol: The rest of the family is hale and hearty - my son is also pretty much engaged to be married too. I'm so happy that Hubby and I both really like the kids' Significant Others!
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:54 pm

So much for coming here more often... :roll: Not even in my 3-week-holiday I manage to come here but for the very last day.... :roll:

Well, I'm fine, but kinda busy. Been appointed godmother once again, and even though my newest godchild lives some 3 hours away, we (my cousin and I) try to meet as often as we can, so I can keep track on little Pauline. On the health front, I finally think my hearing has recovered to about 90 % as it was before the infection last year (took an awful long time) and I brought myself to join a gym 3 times a week, and I already lost about 10 kg since May :D (40 more to go... :roll: ) But go me! :lmao: Lately my youngest niece is determined to spend as much time with me as possible - I like that, and since my sister doesn't object to it, I have her with me as often as I can. Sometimes I think she just wants someone to talk to, discussing things she thinks she can't discuss with her mom and stepdad. But I'm glad she confides in me. She's a loveable girl, and I'm glad we are so close.

On the Sean Front: What can I say - Jail, man? :wtf: For THAT woman? :bang: Even one night is one night to many... :um: Get over her and concentrate on your work. You're doing yourself no good.... Just glad he kept himself out of the news for the last couple of weeks... :/
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Good to hear from you Paddy! Have you seen this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... rlier.html My goodness! But I've seen worse. I'm sure he could shape up again quickly if he wanted to. Too much beer. :lol:

That's lovely about your god-daughter, and I'm sure your sister is pleased that her daughter is confiding in YOU and not a stranger or less concerned person. :yes:

That's excellent about your gym and weight loss success! :yay: You must be feeling great, and very encouraged too. I doubt you have 40 kg more to lose. :hug: I should lose about 10 kg myself but can't seem to get into the right frame of mind to stick to my diet and exercise regimen. One of these days...

Our Sean looks like he's on a downward spiral, doesn't he? :cry: I'd love to see him give up the smokes and ease off on the beer. I'm sure it would pick him up a bit - and get exercising again. But I fear it's not in his nature and he has definitely passed his prime. Still, he could age gracefully and keep the company of women a little closer to his own age... :roll:
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm

:um: :wtf: What he needs is a good :poke: or a kick in the butt to wake him up again. My, my... Yes, he could keep himself in a better shape. It's not too late yet. I doubt he'll ease up on the smoke, too, but he could do much better, even being past his prime.

As for the weight loss: Yes, I feel encouraged, I've already been trying on pants I haven't been wearing for about two years. :lol: But yes, it' s still a long way to go for me, at least a year or so, I suppose. But now that I finally took the first step, it feels like I've done the right thing and I look forward to my weekly sessions. :yes:

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Gosh, we're back. Got some panic attacks while the site was gone... :/ Embarrassing, isn't it? :lol: :lol:

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 am

Dang, what has he done to his hands? I've heard nothing about any fights or brawls, so I suppose he has been DIY-ing or something...

http://de.kino.yahoo.com/fotos/sean-bean-looking-worse-wear-20121003-221733-655.html

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 am

Padfoot wrote:Dang, what has he done to his hands? I've heard nothing about any fights or brawls, so I suppose he has been DIY-ing or something...

Ouch! :( ...maybe it's just a painfully-unproductive part of his new fitness routine? :poke:

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 am

Or maybe he did some sword-fighting-practise? :roll: But they rather look like burn marks to me..

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:27 am

Happy 54th birthday! May you have a great day! :downapint: :shake: :cheers: :bday:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 pm

He's younger than me too, huh? Well, I hope it was fun :cheers: .

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:14 am

And here are some news. Hopefully good ones. :D I do wish them luck.

Apparently, he has a new girlfriend. And this time, I have to say, I like the lady. She looks nice and friendly, and they both look relaxed and comfortable together. And - a great improvement, if you ask me :D - she's definitely not his daughter's age... :D

BTW - the young girl (Freya) is Ashley's niece, not Sean's (according to a tweet from her dad, found at SB Online).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2452234/Sean-Bean-brings-girlfriend-Ashley-spend-day-daughter-Lorna.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:19 am

He's looking quite good! :yes:

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 pm

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Very nice. I get TNT as part of my cable package :D .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:09 am

So you can tell me how that show is! :D

Return to “Fandom”