Aneurin Barnard...

Enjoy the work of a particular actor/actress? Let us know about it in here.
Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Re: Aneurin Barnard...

Postby Padfoot » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:54 am

It's not only your opinion. I'm with you on that. The same probably goes for Billy Boyd. Dominic seems to have found his way with "Dom's wild things", which is fine.

13 is the story of a girl who has been kidnapped and held prisoner for 13 years. Aneurin plays her boyfriend, who helps her finding her way back into life. I agree he needs to stretch his wings, but so far he seems to chose quality over quantity, no matter whether it's a supporting role or a lead, and that's fine with me.
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Well, Billy has his band "Beecake" (I'm glad I double-checked; I thought it was "Beefcake" :paperbag: .)

Here's Lilac Wine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUO11nscAmk.) I've loved his voice ever since ROTK.

Dom has been in a handful of roles on some shows here, besides "Wild Things", but he's not been picked up for a returning part on anything. 'Wild Things' has moved from BBC-America to the Travel Channel, where it's in syndication, but no new episodes...well, not yet anyway.

Padfoot wrote:...I agree he needs to stretch his wings, but so far he seems to chose quality over quantity, no matter whether it's a supporting role or a lead, and that's fine with me.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just responding to the frustration of what passes for 'commercial' - which I don't always get. What makes wads of dosh and is therefore viable, is so aggravating to me. Who are they making this stuff for?

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Interlude in Prague, a romantic drama begins shooting in the Czech Republic. And Aneurin has the LEAD! :yay:

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu May 12, 2016 2:22 am

Happy 29th Birthday, Aneurin! Belatedly - it was the 8th - but hope it was happy all the same :D

:cheers:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

I finally saw Elfie Hopkins: Cannibal Hunter. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was, since it got panned quite a bit, and, besides, I don't like horror movies made after 1931, so I was surprised. It's about a disaffected boho girl, living with her dad and his new wife. There's no backstory on what happened to mother - whether this was a divorce or death - but that doesn't matter. The new spouse and Elfie clearly can't stand each other.

Elfie's friend, Dylan, (Aneurin), who has been friends with her probably since babyhood, willingly teams up as her sidekick when a handsome, goth couple and their two teenage children move in next door. The husband works in the travel industry (he says), and before long, villagers begin to disappear. They've gone on trips, courtesy of the hubby, only they don't ever return...

It's 90 minutes long, nicely-paced and, if you wish, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k0N3AfZJxA

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:39 am

The series Thirteen has just aired its second episode, and it is very good.

Ivy was kidnapped 13 years ago at the age of 13, and has just escaped. Her family, which was torn apart by the original event (Mum and Dad are divorced, and little Sister has a live-in fiance with a wedding on the way), looked to be just now getting a grip when this innocent-faced, clearly messed-up 26-year-old, finds her way home.

Initially compassionate, the police are finding holes in her story. The kidnapper was identified, as was the place of confinement shown in the first episode, but he's gone without a trace. As the search for him continues, another child is grabbed and the pressure on Ivy is doubled-down. She seeks solace in the company of her 'boyfriend' (a boy who is a friend) played by Aneurin, but she doesn't know that he's moved on as well. He tries to tell her he's married now, but he never really gets the chance - he keeps getting cut off in beginning sentence.

The second episode ends with her learning of Tim's (Barnard) marriage, and in her confused and troubled state, leaves the safety of the constable placed in charge of her. Just outside the cop's car, she is abducted again...

Watch this space.

Return to “Fandom”