Richard III

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Richard III

Postby shireling » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 pm

Padfoot wrote:Well, it's from "The Mirror"... :P And by the way, the article says the boys were TWIN brothers?

Not as good as the first photo; I can't really see anything. But twins? :wtf:

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:19 am

While I can see some sort of distorted face in the first picture, I can barely recognise a shape in the second one. However, it could be anything, and photoshop works miracles. :D
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:14 am

Another great article (among so very many) from inside murreyandblue

https://murreyandblue.wordpress.com/

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:27 am

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13839159.MBE_pair_say_Queen_fascinated_by_their_Richard_III_work/

I so hope this appreciation leads to a permission to examine the two skeletons of the "princes".

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:49 pm

This is great, Paddy! Thanks for posting it!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:19 pm

I always like reading about how people come to be Ricardians - even if they don't want to lay claim to the name...

https://murreyandblue.wordpress.com/201 ... r-richard/

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Arrested Development, Shakespeare Edition

Duchess of York: If you're saying I play favorites, you're wrong. I love all my children equally.
Duchess of York: (Earlier that day) I don't care for Richard

Tags: Cecily Neville, Richard III, the Bard got it wrong but it's still a rippin' good play

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:01 am

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm currently watching a documentary about the Princes in the Tower, and I'm getting angry because they are leaning heavily towards Thomas More and Philippa Gregory. There are two historians who deliver pro-Richard arguments, but they definitely are the minority.

I'm getting especially angry at David Starkey who takes Thomas More's report literally and for guaranteed. He - and only he - knows the truth. Everybody else is naive and ridiculous and tries to bend history.

Oh, and the acted scenes in between? Richard was of course hot-tempered, hunchbacked, crippled, his face permanently contorted ...

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi, Paddy! :hug: Hope your Christmas was Merry, and that you're better :)!

It's funny you should mention this. Just before coming here, I was in murreyandblue and this is what I found written about that Channel 4 program. I think you'll like this

https://murreyandblue.wordpress.com/

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Yes, that was the documentary, though I don't like to call it a documentary.. I can fully subscribe to the journalist's rant, because it really was awful and didn't have any substance. I was so upset, it made me want to shake the TV, though I know it's not its fault.. :P

BTW, in Sir John Everett Millais' painting, the boys look very much like girls. Their faces are very feminine. Give then dresses and they could pass as girls.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:52 am

Very true -
Padfoot wrote:Yes, that was the documentary, though I don't like to call it a documentary.. I can fully subscribe to the journalist's rant, because it really was awful and didn't have any substance. I was so upset, it made me want to shake the TV, though I know it's not its fault.. :P

:lol: Oh yeah!

BTW, in Sir John Everett Millais' painting, the boys look very much like girls. Their faces are very feminine. Give then dresses and they could pass as girls.

I know this isn't the painting you're referring to, but the younger of the two in this drawing looks like my sister when we were kids.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Yes, they look like girls in this picture, too. Come to think of it, they look like girls in most of the paintings. Which gives room for new speculatuions. The boys could have dressed up as girls (maids?) and someone could have smuggled them out of the tower. Should have been possible, since the Tower was used as a residence and a lot of staff was coming and going.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's brilliant :yes: ! You may be onto something, Paddy!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Found this in Giaconda's Blog :D

Sherlock: The Mystery of the Princes

https://giaconda.wordpress.com/2016/02/ ... e-princes/

Return to “The News”